Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

Re: Honor among decent/good players

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

You can't be putting Ping, Revenge, KAL abusers and ROF in with lagswitchers, killfarmers and whack and roll.

The first few bolded are all fair game, but cheap, the others are cheating the game for one way or another.

How is whack & roll cheating lol? It's a legit tactic. . . 

It's a glitch, your cancelling animations to do it.

At the end of the day, glitching is glitching, just goes to show how every single player will do whatever it takes. We all need the ban hammer. along with those dirty under map hiders. Okay.. I guess hiding under a map is slightly lower than whack and roll animation glitching.

The things unbolded there are legitimately cheating.

Even though there may actually be a slight case to make over killfarming that they aren't actually cheating, they are just wasting everyones time. If they are doing it for booster progress then they are cheating the booster progress. But these days the only reason to do it is for the sake of being a jerk so maybe that could be removed.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 158 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

You can't be putting Ping, Revenge, KAL abusers and ROF in with lagswitchers, killfarmers and whack and roll.

The first few bolded are all fair game, but cheap, the others are cheating the game for one way or another.

At the end of the day, glitching is glitching, just goes to show how every single player will do whatever it takes. We all need the ban hammer. along with those dirty under map hiders. Okay.. I guess hiding under a map is slightly lower than whack and roll animation glitching.

Even though there may actually be a slight case to make over killfarming that they aren't actually cheating, they are just wasting everyones time. If they are doing it for booster progress then they are cheating the booster progress. But these days the only reason to do it is for the sake of being a jerk so maybe that could be removed.

Well is it really cheating if the game developer themselves intended it to be that way?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 158 (296 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5292 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

a glitch is a malfunction in something, something happens that wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

airwalk = glitch, ND didn't mean for this to happen and have fixed it(supposedly) a while ago

Whack n' Roll=/=glitch, ND intended for this to be in the game and it has been in the game since day 1. It hasn't been "fixed" since then because it isn't a glitch.

The talk about it being a glitch came entirely from the players...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 158 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

If you have any honor then you don't play in large parties consisting of only good players unless it's a clan match or custom match.

You should be allowed to play with your friends, even if they are some crazy tryhards. Dont see how just having fun and socializing makes you have no honor.

I don't mind premades (makes things interesting), but I can't stand those that make fun and talk trash to the opposing team for losing the match when its filled with randoms.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 158 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Whack & Roll isn't a glitch. It was intended by the gamemakers, they've even created a video about how to use it.

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 158 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

a glitch is a malfunction in something, something happens that wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

airwalk = glitch, ND didn't mean for this to happen and have fixed it(supposedly) a while ago

Whack n' Roll=/=glitch, ND intended for this to be in the game and it has been in the game since day 1. It hasn't been "fixed" since then because it isn't a glitch.

The players are right.

They would patch it if they could patch it. They clearly have no idea how to. To even think something like that would be intended is just silly. If it is, then quite possibly ND are the worst MP developers in the world. But I highly doubt something that stupid would be intended.

There is just no way ND are that silly. But imagine if they did patch it, They mess with roll? Delay time? They mess with melee? It's already broken enough.

Patching it would cause way more harm than good once the finished product was out the door. So ND are actually being sensible and just playing along with it rather than coming out and saying, it's a glitch, we can do nothing about it.

Airwalk and whack and roll are totally different, as are the geometric glitches, you can patch airwalking movement and map areas without breaking the game, if whack and roll was patched it would interfere with other areas.

Roll is already broken enough on it's own  The only part of whack and roll which was intended was the roll cancelling the other players melee. The whack part and breaking that animation is certainly unintended. I'd be severely concerned about any ND product if it was intended, luckily I don't believe it was, I don't believe ND are bad developers deep down, I do believe they are learning as they go along, but if it was intended they are really bad developers and I'd have to accept being wrong for having some faith in them.

and for Frenzy's post, that video was not created by ND it was created by B2K, ND just pushed it onto UCTV, Once again, best way to hide an issue? Play along or completely ignore it.

They also choose to ignore that G-MAL glitch, the zombie body glitch and other glitches. Doesn't mean they aren't glitches. I don't want them patched, just saying, ignorance or allowing something to continue does not mean it should stay in the game. Even though those things hardly really harm anyone.

If ND intended it, they would have actually given it away as a tip themselves, upon launch like they do with grenade arc'ing and all that other techy stuff that newbies don't use.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 158 (263 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The players are right.

They would patch it if they could patch it. They clearly have no idea how to. To even think something like that would be intended is just silly. If it is, then quite possibly ND are the worst MP developers in the world. But I highly doubt something that stupid would be intended.

There is just no way ND are that silly. But imagine if they did patch it, They mess with roll? Delay time? They mess with melee? It's already broken enough.

Patching it would cause way more harm than good once the finished product was out the door. So ND are actually being sensible and just playing along with it rather than coming out and saying, it's a glitch, we can do nothing about it.

Airwalk and whack and roll are totally different, as are the geometric glitches, you can patch airwalking movement and map areas without breaking the game, if whack and roll was patched it would interfere with other areas.

Roll is already broken enough on it's own  The only part of whack and roll which was intended was the roll cancelling the other players melee. The whack part and breaking that animation is certainly unintended. I'd be severely concerned about any ND product if it was intended, luckily I don't believe it was, I don't believe ND are bad developers deep down, I do believe they are learning as they go along, but if it was intended they are really bad developers and I'd have to accept being wrong for having some faith in them.

and for Frenzy's post, that video was not created by ND it was created by B2K, ND just pushed it onto UCTV, Once again, best way to hide an issue? Play along or completely ignore it.

They also choose to ignore that G-MAL glitch, the zombie body glitch and other glitches. Doesn't mean they aren't glitches. I don't want them patched, just saying, ignorance or allowing something to continue does not mean it should stay in the game. Even though those things hardly really harm anyone.

If ND intended it, they would have actually given it away as a tip themselves, upon launch like they do with grenade arc'ing and all that other techy stuff that newbies don't use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 158 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 27, 2013

1:25 seconds :smileyhappy: It was intended Aure. . . 

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 158 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5292 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The players are right.

How are the players right? Because it's something they disprove of in a game they play and have no control over the creation of?

Unless you were there while they were making Uncharted 3, and they said "oh look at this weird glitch when you melee and roll together. Can't fix it, let's pretend it is part of the game!" then no you are wrong. The players can claim just about anything about any game and say it should be changed to their liking.

Funny thing is they did mention the whack n roll in a video. It was like way of the iron fist or something like that, promoting the whacking.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 158 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Combo breakers weren't intended in Street Fighter.

The growing speed of the aliens in Space Invaders also wasn't intended.

Just wanted to try and contribute something. :smileysad:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 158 (236 Views)