Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

J9Power4 wrote:
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.

I won't use the M9 out of spite due to around 35% of players making it their primary weapon. I don't use quickboom, or at least anymore. I used to back when it was so imbalanced that your only choice was to use quickboom. Now it's more balanced but still a tad bit dirty. I use the AK as I feel it showcases my skill in the best manner, but I can easily do more damage with an M9.


Because it's my playstyle. I play how I want to play, and I don't want to go down to the level of most players because I want to be better. If I can beat M9 players with an AK it means I'm becoming a better player. It's more training than anything else. But mostly, because I can. I mean yolo right?

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 158 (342 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
370 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013
That's the same thing I tell myself when I pick the Dragon Sniper, that it's hardest gun to use and takes the most skill to wield. Then again I'm not so great with the M9 [yet] and better with the AK.
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 158 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

a glitch is a malfunction in something, something happens that wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

 

airwalk = glitch, ND didn't mean for this to happen and have fixed it(supposedly) a while ago

 

Whack n' Roll=/=glitch, ND intended for this to be in the game and it has been in the game since day 1. It hasn't been "fixed" since then because it isn't a glitch.

 

The talk about it being a glitch came entirely from the players...


The players are right.

 

They would patch it if they could patch it. They clearly have no idea how to. To even think something like that would be intended is just silly. If it is, then quite possibly ND are the worst MP developers in the world. But I highly doubt something that stupid would be intended.

 

There is just no way ND are that silly. But imagine if they did patch it, They mess with roll? Delay time? They mess with melee? It's already broken enough.

 

Patching it would cause way more harm than good once the finished product was out the door. So ND are actually being sensible and just playing along with it rather than coming out and saying, it's a glitch, we can do nothing about it.

 

Airwalk and whack and roll are totally different, as are the geometric glitches, you can patch airwalking movement and map areas without breaking the game, if whack and roll was patched it would interfere with other areas.

 

Roll is already broken enough on it's own  The only part of whack and roll which was intended was the roll cancelling the other players melee. The whack part and breaking that animation is certainly unintended. I'd be severely concerned about any ND product if it was intended, luckily I don't believe it was, I don't believe ND are bad developers deep down, I do believe they are learning as they go along, but if it was intended they are really bad developers and I'd have to accept being wrong for having some faith in them.

 

and for Frenzy's post, that video was not created by ND it was created by B2K, ND just pushed it onto UCTV, Once again, best way to hide an issue? Play along or completely ignore it.

 

They also choose to ignore that G-MAL glitch, the zombie body glitch and other glitches. Doesn't mean they aren't glitches. I don't want them patched, just saying, ignorance or allowing something to continue does not mean it should stay in the game. Even though those things hardly really harm anyone.

 

If ND intended it, they would have actually given it away as a tip themselves, upon launch like they do with grenade arc'ing and all that other techy stuff that newbies don't use.


How are the players right? Because it's something they disprove of in a game they play and have no control over the creation of?

 

Unless you were there while they were making Uncharted 3, and they said "oh look at this weird glitch when you melee and roll together. Can't fix it, let's pretend it is part of the game!" then no you are wrong. The players can claim just about anything about any game and say it should be changed to their liking.

 

Funny thing is they did mention the whack n roll in a video. It was like way of the iron fist or something like that, promoting the whacking.


Indeed, ND had made it this way. If it really was a glitch like lets say the jumping shotgun blindfire glitch which was not intended to be in the game by any means, then it would be classed as a glitch. A glitch is doing something that the game is not normally be able to do (Glitching into walls etc), If the Whack-and-roll was intended by ND then it really cant be a glitch, not to mention, it barely works most of the time.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 158 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:
That's the same thing I tell myself when I pick the Dragon Sniper, that it's hardest gun to use and takes the most skill to wield. Then again I'm not so great with the M9 [yet] and better with the AK.

The M9 may be the most used weapon but it really it isn't the best, the AK and the G-Mal are much better weapons to use.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 158 (309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Online
2232 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

CritRate wrote:
That's the same thing I tell myself when I pick the Dragon Sniper, that it's hardest gun to use and takes the most skill to wield. Then again I'm not so great with the M9 [yet] and better with the AK.

The M9 may be the most used weapon but it really it isn't the best, the AK and the G-Mal are much better weapons to use.


i am a big supporter of the g-mal (basically the only weapon i use (other than the occasional dragon)) but i have to say that if you are good with the m9 (which isn't hard at all) you'll win most fights against the g-mal or any other close-mid range weapon from most distances (since the recoil is ridiculously easy to counter, so accuracy isn't a problem), if you're good with the g-mal (i would assume i am, since i'm still using it and i've made 8 platinum tiers with it...) an m9 can still beat you in a 1v1 most of the times (again from most distances) the key to the g-mal is to avoid 1v1 and kill them before they see you or from really far away (and i mean really far away because the m9 can have crazy good accuracy at large distances sometimes)

 

 

 

 

just a question i ran into a party of 5 yesterday and they were complaining about me using the g-mal with accuracy, while they themselves were using AK's with accuracy.... can someone tell me how mine is worse than theirs or somehow cheaper?! (i have no problems with AKs, it's just they had a problem with me) the 6 of us are all using the same mod (accuracy), yet i'm using a weapon far harder to use or to be good at, and we were playing on chateau (which they should be better at, since it's all basically close range lol), so i really don't getting why they are **bleep** :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 158 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5696 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

CritRate wrote:
That's the same thing I tell myself when I pick the Dragon Sniper, that it's hardest gun to use and takes the most skill to wield. Then again I'm not so great with the M9 [yet] and better with the AK.

The M9 may be the most used weapon but it really it isn't the best, the AK and the G-Mal are much better weapons to use.


i am a big supporter of the g-mal (basically the only weapon i use (other than the occasional dragon)) but i have to say that if you are good with the m9 (which isn't hard at all) you'll win most fights against the g-mal or any other close-mid range weapon from most distances (since the recoil is ridiculously easy to counter, so accuracy isn't a problem), if you're good with the g-mal (i would assume i am, since i'm still using it and i've made 8 platinum tiers with it...) an m9 can still beat you in a 1v1 most of the times (again from most distances) the key to the g-mal is to avoid 1v1 and kill them before they see you or from really far away (and i mean really far away because the m9 can have crazy good accuracy at large distances sometimes)

 

 

 

 

just a question i ran into a party of 5 yesterday and they were complaining about me using the g-mal with accuracy, while they themselves were using AK's with accuracy.... can someone tell me how mine is worse than theirs or somehow cheaper?! (i have no problems with AKs, it's just they had a problem with me) the 6 of us are all using the same mod (accuracy), yet i'm using a weapon far harder to use or to be good at, and we were playing on chateau (which they should be better at, since it's all basically close range lol), so i really don't getting why they are **bleep** :smileyfrustrated:


it was probably due to the fact that they are a party of 5. Most of the meaner parties will expect to run into noobs nonstop to boost their good-looking stats. And anyone they run into that does even semi-decent against them will be called out as a noob and be ridiculed in many ways, such as laughing at them using X gun.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 158 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Well, we can't really be sure if the ND developers put whack 'n roll in the game deliberately or not. Anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous. That kill at 1:50 (of that "Way of the iron fist" video) is a perfect example of why Cockburn (*ba dum tss*) should have nothing to do with future ND products.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 158 (280 Views)
First Son
Registered: 10/03/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 28, 2013

I think some players should honor their own team mates who are new to UC3 as well.

 

When I started I was getting killed a lot with snipers, power weapons and even in respawn areas a lot. I didn't mind as I started to learn the tactics of better players and good teamwork. Although I still have a negative kill/death ratio, I can have the odd good game.

 

It was not the opposition players who bothered me, it was team mates who had a go at the newer players because they weren't killing enough or dying too much.

 

Of course they are not as good as some of the people who like to dish out abuse to them, they have just started playing. Some players should give them the chance to learn the game and not put them off. 

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 158 (249 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 28, 2013

manwithnoname79 wrote:

I think some players should honor their own team mates who are new to UC3 as well.

 

When I started I was getting killed a lot with snipers, power weapons and even in respawn areas a lot. I didn't mind as I started to learn the tactics of better players and good teamwork. Although I still have a negative kill/death ratio, I can have the odd good game.

 

It was not the opposition players who bothered me, it was team mates who had a go at the newer players because they weren't killing enough or dying too much.

 

Of course they are not as good as some of the people who like to dish out abuse to them, they have just started playing. Some players should give them the chance to learn the game and not put them off. 


I have no problem with new players, I have a problem with those that play as if they have a negative IQ level.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 158 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5696 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 28, 2013

new players I don't mind. If it seems like they are trying to get kills, or go for objectives, whatever the mode is. Then I don't care if they do even painfully awful.

 

What enrages me is when I see teammates staring at a wall, looking at the scenery of the map, or just completely being unaware that they are facing against other people.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 158 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes