Fender Bender
3614 posts

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 28, 2013

Well I used to have a loudout called "backup", with the M9 RoF, Bargain & QB, but I realised that I never used it.

Do you feel me?

Message 121 of 158 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Look, if you have like 4000 wins and 10 losses then you are a big part of what is wrong with this game. You know **bleep** well that the only way you and your buddies are even going to have a remotely challenging match is if you run into another large party of good players, and many of these parties will back out of the lobby when that happens because they don't want to mess up their stats.

I do think it's dishonorable to go into the matchmaking knowing full well that you're simply going to destroy almost everyone you meet because your team will be so overwhelming. I don't have a good solution to the problem other than introducing some kind of mercenary switch that lone wolfs can use to only be matched up against other lone wolfs, because I don't think you should remove the option of being able to play with your friends.

I think I've said it once before somewhere, everyone has the right to be able to play in a party with their friends. Even if thier friends are tryhards that care about their stats. If you play the game and keep getting stomped by parties of 5 well then thats just your bad luck.

Also a mercenary mode will never work in Uncharted 3 since the player pool is rather small as it is. Im sure everybody would play in this mode which would then mess up the experience for players that like to have fun with their friends.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 122 of 158 (294 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago

Message 123 of 158 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I think a mercenary switch would work just fine. Most players don't play in a party so if anything it would be all the people who play in parties that will have trouble finding a match. Splitscreen noobs can stick to TTDM where they belong.

Yeah thats exactly what I said, its not fair to people who play in a party is it?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 124 of 158 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago

Message 125 of 158 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Like I already said:

Mercenary mode: Either not fair for parties, or lack of it is not fair for solo players.

One group would either have to suck it up and get over it, and the other group would just go tight ahead be arses about the whole deal.

I'd prefer no parties. When did games become Facebook? That's just me though.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 126 of 158 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Apr 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Like I already said:

Mercenary mode: Either not fair for parties, or lack of it is not fair for solo players.

One group would either have to suck it up and get over it, and the other group would just go tight ahead be arses about the whole deal.

I'd prefer no parties. When did games become Facebook? That's just me though.

Daym man, anytime i try to play with you it seems you're going to sleep or something xD, and who was Y0k0_Ninja? l & why don't you guys play FFA? 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 127 of 158 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 28, 2013
We have different timezones. Yoko is notsoalt. FFA isn't Merc TDM since technically you can call it 7vs1.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 128 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
613 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

If they brought out a no-party mode the playerpool would grow again.  Most people left this game because large parties dominate, and most parties are too chicken to play against eachother.

Large party players are obviously against the idea, because they'd find themselves with no one to play against except other parties.  Can't handle what could be a balanced match.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 129 of 158 (239 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 28, 2013
^ You realize you might as well remove party mode for COMP, correct? Nobody sane would go solo against parties.
Message 130 of 158 (212 Views)
0 Likes