Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 28, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Well, we can't really be sure if the ND developers put whack 'n roll in the game deliberately or not. Anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous. That kill at 1:50 (of that "Way of the iron fist" video) is a perfect example of why Cockburn (*ba dum tss*) should have nothing to do with future ND products.

Well in the latest Q&A they said it was intended.

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 158 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Apr 28, 2013

MrMoss252 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Well, we can't really be sure if the ND developers put whack 'n roll in the game deliberately or not. Anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous. That kill at 1:50 (of that "Way of the iron fist" video) is a perfect example of why Cockburn (*ba dum tss*) should have nothing to do with future ND products.

Well in the latest Q&A they said it was intended.

Yeah, but I think they might be just trying to "cover it up", in a way. Removing whack 'n roll would require changing the code™, which is why they won't fix it. It's too risky to touch the code this late in the game's life-cycle. Whether it was intended or not, it's ridiculous, I think.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 158 (163 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I think a mercenary switch would work just fine. Most players don't play in a party so if anything it would be all the people who play in parties that will have trouble finding a match. Splitscreen noobs can stick to TTDM where they belong.

Yeah thats exactly what I said, its not fair to people who play in a party is it?

It's not exactly fair for all the lone wolfs they would crush either, so it's a fair compromise. If you can't find a match in a large party then you can always go lone wolf like all the other players out there.

Well if there is a mercenary mode then the following two things could happen.

1. Uncharted becomes boring for players who enjoy playing with their friends so they leave causing the player pool to become smaller, in turn causing more lag.

2. Since there is this new mode and since you're playing solo from on, more players will be complaining about getting brain dead team mates and losing because of them. Trust me I would much rather have a player in my party try and play and go negative instead of having players that seem to lack all forms of intelligance on my team.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 158 (154 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ You realize you might as well remove party mode for COMP, correct? Nobody sane would go solo against parties.

Thats exactly what I've been trying to say, why would anyone bother to play any other game mode if this Mercenary mode was put into the game.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 158 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13032 posts

Apr 29, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

a glitch is a malfunction in something, something happens that wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

airwalk = glitch, ND didn't mean for this to happen and have fixed it(supposedly) a while ago

Whack n' Roll=/=glitch, ND intended for this to be in the game and it has been in the game since day 1. It hasn't been "fixed" since then because it isn't a glitch.

The talk about it being a glitch came entirely from the players...

The players are right.

They would patch it if they could patch it. They clearly have no idea how to. To even think something like that would be intended is just silly. If it is, then quite possibly ND are the worst MP developers in the world. But I highly doubt something that stupid would be intended.

There is just no way ND are that silly. But imagine if they did patch it, They mess with roll? Delay time? They mess with melee? It's already broken enough.

Patching it would cause way more harm than good once the finished product was out the door. So ND are actually being sensible and just playing along with it rather than coming out and saying, it's a glitch, we can do nothing about it.

Airwalk and whack and roll are totally different, as are the geometric glitches, you can patch airwalking movement and map areas without breaking the game, if whack and roll was patched it would interfere with other areas.

Roll is already broken enough on it's own  The only part of whack and roll which was intended was the roll cancelling the other players melee. The whack part and breaking that animation is certainly unintended. I'd be severely concerned about any ND product if it was intended, luckily I don't believe it was, I don't believe ND are bad developers deep down, I do believe they are learning as they go along, but if it was intended they are really bad developers and I'd have to accept being wrong for having some faith in them.

and for Frenzy's post, that video was not created by ND it was created by B2K, ND just pushed it onto UCTV, Once again, best way to hide an issue? Play along or completely ignore it.

They also choose to ignore that G-MAL glitch, the zombie body glitch and other glitches. Doesn't mean they aren't glitches. I don't want them patched, just saying, ignorance or allowing something to continue does not mean it should stay in the game. Even though those things hardly really harm anyone.

If ND intended it, they would have actually given it away as a tip themselves, upon launch like they do with grenade arc'ing and all that other techy stuff that newbies don't use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E

Hm.. i must have missed that one. Kinda glad I did and kinda not since not paying attention to it proved me wrong on my theory though.

I don't understand why a developer would authorize a glitch in the animations. In that case since they say it's okay no wonder people think it's fair game to hide in walls and under maps... Thats the impression I get from it anyway.

Well If I see it in any other games they make, any other animation glitches. I'm going into walls and killing everyone. Authorizing one glitch makes the others fair game imo.

I'll repeat this over and over until people get it. A glitch does not have to be something the developer didn't intend. I've seen plenty of games where developers leave in glitches for people to mess with, they know they are there a few even admitted they were intended to allow people to explore the games some more.

A glitch people can exploit is something that shouldn't be there. With lag and such whack and roll is a serious issue.

If it was fully intended to be utilized this way, then whoever decided on that idea needs to be fired. Not only fired, but a constant strike against them, that particular person needs to be as far away from game design as possible.

By watching that video though and the dishonorable gameplay going on. Kinda answers this thread on it's own, thankfully that whack and roll stuff took me away from the game. Along with that horrible recoil. I just can't be bothered to battle the game mechanics rather than other people.

As much as I shouldn't care. I don't want this crap in future games, ANY game. In a shooter you should aim, Simple.. thats the concept. It's not Tekken. So as much as this would seem as either a cop out, (we cant fix this glitch, lets champion it), or intended (we haven't got a clue what a shooter is supposed to be, we are bad developers).

It doesn't even matter, all that matters is that it does not belong in a shooter as a primary tactic intended or not. I honestly can't believe I'm discussing this as an intended tactic to be used.. LOL.. utterly clueless....

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 158 (113 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6765 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

a glitch is a malfunction in something, something happens that wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

airwalk = glitch, ND didn't mean for this to happen and have fixed it(supposedly) a while ago

Whack n' Roll=/=glitch, ND intended for this to be in the game and it has been in the game since day 1. It hasn't been "fixed" since then because it isn't a glitch.

The talk about it being a glitch came entirely from the players...

The players are right.

They would patch it if they could patch it. They clearly have no idea how to. To even think something like that would be intended is just silly. If it is, then quite possibly ND are the worst MP developers in the world. But I highly doubt something that stupid would be intended.

There is just no way ND are that silly. But imagine if they did patch it, They mess with roll? Delay time? They mess with melee? It's already broken enough.

Patching it would cause way more harm than good once the finished product was out the door. So ND are actually being sensible and just playing along with it rather than coming out and saying, it's a glitch, we can do nothing about it.

Airwalk and whack and roll are totally different, as are the geometric glitches, you can patch airwalking movement and map areas without breaking the game, if whack and roll was patched it would interfere with other areas.

Roll is already broken enough on it's own  The only part of whack and roll which was intended was the roll cancelling the other players melee. The whack part and breaking that animation is certainly unintended. I'd be severely concerned about any ND product if it was intended, luckily I don't believe it was, I don't believe ND are bad developers deep down, I do believe they are learning as they go along, but if it was intended they are really bad developers and I'd have to accept being wrong for having some faith in them.

and for Frenzy's post, that video was not created by ND it was created by B2K, ND just pushed it onto UCTV, Once again, best way to hide an issue? Play along or completely ignore it.

They also choose to ignore that G-MAL glitch, the zombie body glitch and other glitches. Doesn't mean they aren't glitches. I don't want them patched, just saying, ignorance or allowing something to continue does not mean it should stay in the game. Even though those things hardly really harm anyone.

If ND intended it, they would have actually given it away as a tip themselves, upon launch like they do with grenade arc'ing and all that other techy stuff that newbies don't use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E

Hm.. i must have missed that one. Kinda glad I did and kinda not since not paying attention to it proved me wrong on my theory though.

I don't understand why a developer would authorize a glitch in the animations. In that case since they say it's okay no wonder people think it's fair game to hide in walls and under maps... Thats the impression I get from it anyway.

Well If I see it in any other games they make, any other animation glitches. I'm going into walls and killing everyone. Authorizing one glitch makes the others fair game imo.

I'll repeat this over and over until people get it. A glitch does not have to be something the developer didn't intend. I've seen plenty of games where developers leave in glitches for people to mess with, they know they are there a few even admitted they were intended to allow people to explore the games some more.

A glitch people can exploit is something that shouldn't be there. With lag and such whack and roll is a serious issue.

If it was fully intended to be utilized this way, then whoever decided on that idea needs to be fired. Not only fired, but a constant strike against them, that particular person needs to be as far away from game design as possible.

By watching that video though and the dishonorable gameplay going on. Kinda answers this thread on it's own, thankfully that whack and roll stuff took me away from the game. Along with that horrible recoil. I just can't be bothered to battle the game mechanics rather than other people.

As much as I shouldn't care. I don't want this crap in future games, ANY game. In a shooter you should aim, Simple.. thats the concept. It's not Tekken. So as much as this would seem as either a cop out, (we cant fix this glitch, lets champion it), or intended (we haven't got a clue what a shooter is supposed to be, we are bad developers).

It doesn't even matter, all that matters is that it does not belong in a shooter as a primary tactic intended or not. I honestly can't believe I'm discussing this as an intended tactic to be used.. LOL.. utterly clueless....

:smileyvery-happy:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 158 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5364 posts

Apr 29, 2013

so bottom line... whack n' roll was intended, therefore not a glitch.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 158 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9823 posts

Apr 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

so bottom line... whack n' roll was intended, therefore not a glitch.

HC mode. Intended thing, got removed. Explain.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 158 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Apr 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ You realize you might as well remove party mode for COMP, correct? Nobody sane would go solo against parties.

You mean parties would have to fight against parties?  How terrible they might have to play a balanced match.  This game is designed for cowards.

In CoD you get parties play against eachother without issue.  Uncharted party players are mostly cowards sadly and will back out of party vs party matches.

Besides solos play in CoD party modes all the time and CoD has a no party mode if they wanted.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 158 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9823 posts

Apr 29, 2013
^ That is so awesome. I didn't realize UC3 also has a ton of players like CoD.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 158 (73 Views)