Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 26, 2013
I add peeps struggling with the game so I can party with them :smileyhappy:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 71 of 158 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

I have honor because I respect all of my prey. I dance over the corpse not as a taunt, but as a benediction. I bless the fallen warrior for bestowing upon me this generous gift of spare ammo, which will help sustain me during difficult times. I pray for his safe passage to the next life (usually within 10 seconds; 6 with BiTS Gold), where we may perhaps meet again.

I also use every part of the kill. I not only pick up spare ammo, but also spare weapons, grenades, and stat hats. In fact, within twenty or thirty seconds, it is as if the body has disappeared entirely.

It is in this way that I honor the multiplayer gods so that I may find good fortune. I believe I am on an honorable path, for each day as I connect and embark upon a new multiplayer journey, the gods themselves wish me "happy fortune hunting". 

You killed my father... while he was playing Uncharted. Prepare to die.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 72 of 158 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13441 posts

Apr 26, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Well I am the type of player who doesn't use cheap tactics sometimes I'm successful sometimes I'm not it depends on the party I'm in or if I'm by myself I usually get decent stats despite the odds so it can be done without use of cheap tactics people just want convenience and what's easier

LOL

Who are the idiots that decide what cheap tactics are?

The only one I know of is glitching. Everything else is fair game.

What's up with this kindergarten idea of honor in video games? 

It's so childish.

Almost everything in Uncharted 3 is cheap.

It's a game built for cheap players. All the players playing it are cheap.

Hey now come on here girl not every thing is cheap. ND takes offense to that!!!!!!!

The dlc aint cheap :smileyvery-happy:

:smileylol:

That is the only thing in the entire game that isn't cheap.

Message 73 of 158 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Well I am the type of player who doesn't use cheap tactics sometimes I'm successful sometimes I'm not it depends on the party I'm in or if I'm by myself I usually get decent stats despite the odds so it can be done without use of cheap tactics people just want convenience and what's easier

LOL

It's so childish.

It's unrealistic to to think every player should uphold a code of honor that some silly forum community came up with because they don't like being killed a certain way.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 74 of 158 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13441 posts

Apr 26, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

LOL

It's so childish.

It's unrealistic to to think every player should uphold a code of honor that some silly forum community came up with because they don't like being killed a certain way.

I honestly couldn't care less if I die in the game, I've come to the conclusion that a player is only as honorable as the game will allow them to be.

Uncharted 3 will not allow you to play with any dignity or honor.

When the game gives you instant kill kickbacks and score decreasing attempts for power plays... you know there is no honor. You can't take honor from winning after receiving a power play. Equally you can't take honor from pressing up and throwing a grenade in someones face.

You can't take honor from using almost the entire list of tools available to you it's not just those kickbacks, most of the others are cheap too, hell even Speedy G promotes running away or getting cheap stealth kills even though thats probably the least cheap kickback there.. bottom line is there is nothing honorable about this game.

Even without the kickbacks and powerplays people just hipfire at you while sprinting...The game is a complete joke and should be viewed as one. Maybe it can be fun sometimes, but the game is certainly not one to be taken seriously. Being good at it is just a matter of how low you are prepared to go.

Message 75 of 158 (192 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

LOL

It's so childish.

I honestly couldn't care less if I die in the game, I've come to the conclusion that a player is only as honorable as the game will allow them to be.

Uncharted 3 will not allow you to play with any dignity or honor.

When the game gives you instant kill kickbacks and score decreasing attempts for power plays... you know there is no honor. You can't take honor from winning after receiving a power play. Equally you can't take honor from pressing up and throwing a grenade in someones face.

You can't take honor from using almost the entire list of tools available to you it's not just those kickbacks, most of the others are cheap too, hell even Speedy G promotes running away or getting cheap stealth kills even though thats probably the least cheap kickback there.. bottom line is there is nothing honorable about this game.

Even without the kickbacks and powerplays people just hipfire at you while sprinting...The game is a complete joke and should be viewed as one. Maybe it can be fun sometimes, but the game is certainly not one to be taken seriously. Being good at it is just a matter of how low you are prepared to go.

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 76 of 158 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Some people take their confounded vidya games way to seriously, I tell you what!

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 77 of 158 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Apr 26, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

inigomontoya74 wrote:

I have honor because I respect all of my prey. I dance over the corpse not as a taunt, but as a benediction. I bless the fallen warrior for bestowing upon me this generous gift of spare ammo, which will help sustain me during difficult times. I pray for his safe passage to the next life (usually within 10 seconds; 6 with BiTS Gold), where we may perhaps meet again.

I also use every part of the kill. I not only pick up spare ammo, but also spare weapons, grenades, and stat hats. In fact, within twenty or thirty seconds, it is as if the body has disappeared entirely.

It is in this way that I honor the multiplayer gods so that I may find good fortune. I believe I am on an honorable path, for each day as I connect and embark upon a new multiplayer journey, the gods themselves wish me "happy fortune hunting". 

You killed my father... while he was playing Uncharted. Prepare to die.

That's my line. Create a "Count Rugen" alt and let's juan vs. juan to settle this thing.

Gentlemen's rules apply. Only honorable weapons/boosters/kickbacks permitted.

Message 78 of 158 (175 Views)
Sackboy
370 posts

Apr 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

**bleep** that OP kickback Juggernaut...

All it takes is a T-Bolt...

Message 79 of 158 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 26, 2013

If you're the kind of player that doesn't need cheap tactics to win, that "trys hard" to win and is a good sport when they lose, you have earned all my respect.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 80 of 158 (144 Views)
0 Likes