Highlighted
Nov 05 2013
By: KingdomSlayah Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

Horrible Input Lag...

8 replies 1237 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

I haven't played Uncharted 3 in a while and went back to it couple days ago. All I can say is I'm still very disappointed. The multiplayer itself is fantastic. However, the lag is not. In fact, it's downright awful, one of the worse ever. I quit playing because of the lag and the lag IS STILL HERE. There shouldn't be this dying behind walls or getting melee'd then 5 seconds later, it responds. TLOU is much better with it but for PS4, whatever multiplayer is going to be fast paced like Uncharted MUST have better connections. Right now, it's STILL a joke in Uncharted 3... A bunch of South American parties doesn't help it either... Truly a shame considering how awesome the multiplayer is...

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 1 of 9 (1,237 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Horrible Input Lag...

Nov 5, 2013

I think it's worsened by the fact that the game is two years old, compared to TLOU's barely a year.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 9 (1,219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1129 posts

Nov 5, 2013

I experience more lag since the patch.

I can hardly escape death anymore. I can either shoot or throw back a grenade or punch or run away. Many of my opponents can shoot, throw grenades, melee, throw grenades back and run away all at once basically. Sometimes they throw my grenade back multiple seconds after it hit the ground, sometimes they melee me when I'm at the end of my roll. I've even been punched from a guy who was a floor above me. Really annoying.

I have to do my very best in every situation now while it seems that everyone else can just kill me with ease. It truly annoys me. Maybe I need to downgrade my connection so I can keep up with their magic Smiley Tongue (just kidding of course).

Message 3 of 9 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3340 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Yeah the lag is awful even in Public co-op. I was really hoping with DLC free & the Ping adjustments to matchmaking things would improve just a little. Ah well Naughty Dog please don't be so generous with lag compensation next time around -.-

Message 4 of 9 (1,198 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Nov 5, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

I haven't played Uncharted 3 in a while and went back to it couple days ago. All I can say is I'm still very disappointed. The multiplayer itself is fantastic. However, the lag is not. In fact, it's downright awful, one of the worse ever. I quit playing because of the lag and the lag IS STILL HERE. There shouldn't be this dying behind walls or getting melee'd then 5 seconds later, it responds. TLOU is much better with it but for PS4, whatever multiplayer is going to be fast paced like Uncharted MUST have better connections. Right now, it's STILL a joke in Uncharted 3... A bunch of South American parties doesn't help it either... Truly a shame considering how awesome the multiplayer is...

So naive yet so right...

Message 5 of 9 (1,189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Nov 5, 2013
@David - I agree. Part of me hopes they're just working the kinks out of the new, ping based connections.

Also @David - What the heck are you doing posting on here at 5am? -_-
Message 6 of 9 (1,187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3340 posts

Nov 5, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
@David - I agree. Part of me hopes they're just working the kinks out of the new, ping based connections.

Also @David - What the heck are you doing posting on here at 5am? -_-

Haha big brother Matt Smiley Tongue

My parents were leaving town so had to take them to the Airport. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Oh btw, didn't see your question in chat til u were offline. Explains why you got off so early. You could make a career out of driving people to the airport lol. You already have a ton of experience with it.
Message 8 of 9 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

I actually meant the netcode instead of input lag (don't know what I was thinking) but I really hope there's going to be dedicated servers. That would almost completely eliminate the issue.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 9 of 9 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes