Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 09 2013
By: PlankAE First Son 8 posts

Hot Potato?

5 replies 213 views Edited Jun 9, 2013

So I've been trying to get all my Co-Op Boosters to gold, and I've been succesful except for this last booster, Kickback Endurance - Co-op. It requires the medal "Hot Potato", and I'm given to understand that it's completely luckbased for getting it, but I've just done 10 Co-Op Arena matches in a row, and I didn't get a single Hot Potato Medal.

So I was wondering if there is an easy / easier way to get the Hot Potato Medals? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Hot Potato?

Jun 9, 2013
Do co-op arena on easy or normal with a friend. Do a custom game so some random person doesn't interfere with what you're doing.

Make sure you constantly hide in cover. This way, NPC's will often throw grenades at you to try to flush you out. Once you see an enemy getting ready to throw a grenade, quickly shoot him a couple times so he drops it and it blows him up.

I suggest doing this with a friend because that way they can hang off to the side and just make sure you don't get overwhelmed, since it would be best to just hide from the enemies rather than killing them and trying to get them to toss grenades.

This is also why I suggested doing it on easy. Since you're not going to be very aggressive.

I haven't leveled this up personally. I have only a handful of co-op boosters gold, just the ones I use. But this is probably the best way to get those certain medals.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (200 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I get these all the time on Crushing. Kickback bosses in particular seem to be a good source for this medal.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Jun 9, 2013

You can technically do this on your own with 2 controllers. Co-op adventure London Underground. The first few guys will throw grenades at you, so shoot them and you can get 1-2 medals each time, and once they stop and/or die, kill yourself and do it again. You can probably get bronze-gold in a couple games.

As for doing it in actual modes, just hide in cover, and when you hear them say like 'flush em out!" they are about to throw a grenade, shoot the guy that reaches for it, pulls the pin and throws it, you don't have to kill them, just shoot them once or twice. It doesn't have to kill them either, once they drop the grenade it counts. This can also be done with kickback bosses but is a tad harder to do so.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I was helping a friend level up Kickback Endurance and what we did was go into Fort (co-op adventure) and hide in the truck at the very beginning. Just wait until an enemy gives a sign that he's about to throw a grenade and shoot him before he can. I find this a very easy method for leveling up Kickback Endurance.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Thank you a lot! This is a really effective way, and I already got 4 Hot Potato medals within 3 minutes! I'm very grateful. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (165 Views)