Mar 11 2012
By: Toxic156 Fender Bender 4145 posts

How Benevolent Are You to Your Buddy?

12 replies 103 views Edited Mar 11, 2012

*My apologizes if a similar thread has already been made. The search bar wasn't too helpful...*

Seeing that it's been a healthy couple of months since Uncharted 3's release date, I was curious as to know what people thought of the buddy system, and also how much of a true "Buddy" they are. While the system does wonders now, the issue of Lone Wolves should eventually be adressed. They cannot spawn on anyone on their team, and if you have Buddy boosters you may as well have nothing equipped. Nonetheless, the other 4 players on the team can at least enjoy the temporary friendship.

Here's what I deem to be the traits of a good buddy:

- Goes for High-Fives (unless enemies are nearby)

- Picks up your treasure

- Drops the idol/leaves the Hill (in TO; both temporary) to let you spawn on them

I'd like to think of myself as the best buddy available for my comrade, but sometimes I don't go for High-Fives or leave the Hill. I do always try to go for treasures though- just on the principle that I'd want someone to do that for me. Well, if I wasn't leveling up Treasure Hunter, that is. On the flip side, it's irritating as hell when my buddy doesn't slap me some skin when there's no enemies around at all. There's no reason as to why not, but they apparently don't want a medal or $150.

So, what kind of Buddy are you? The type to run across the map into enemy territory for his/her treasure? The one who is always ready to taunt enemies' corpses? Or are you the fifth person on the team, with no one to ease your qualms?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 1 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Re: How Benevolent Are You to Your Buddy?

Mar 11, 2012

I grab Treasures for my buddy all the time.

I know a lot of people are likely in Plunder to get the treasures it offers, and no other reason.  So, I'll help'em if the game's not critically deadlocked. 

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I always act like a goof ball when i have wetsuit drake and the team is dominating the match . i go up and  taunt and high five in everyone just to be stupid, it makes it more funny when i just stand there in the high five pose and teammates just run past me and leave me hanging . but yea i always go for my buddys treasure cause those become a pain to get in a heated battle. i never really high five after a kill though, thats how you get killed

Message 3 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Anyone who bothers to High-5 me is A OK with me, Great buddy, but anyone who happens to be on top of a treasure I have not picked up and they just ignore it or I try to High 5 while they are next to me and just ignore me and continue to sprint away...well that's a diff story...Let's just say I won't return any favors.

Message 4 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I always go after treasures for my buddy, and if there are no enemies around and we're right next to a High Five ring, I'll hold down on the D-pad until I get high-fived or the dead body disappears. I only drop the idol/step out of the hill if my buddy has a mic and reminds me that he can't spawn on me until I do so.

I think the only thing keeping me from being a "true buddy" is that I never use buddy boosters unless it's the three-booster easter egg.

Message 5 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I know how hard it is to get treasures by myself. So, I lend a hand and run in and grab thos treasures for my buddy! I gives me, like $200, and a third of the way for an acqusition medal, and the satisfaction of helping my buddy out in his/her time of need!

Message 6 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I go to the ends of the Earth for my buddy. I pick up treasures, I defend them, I let them have the weapons they want, I spawn into combat to help them because this game is just so fair and not broken, and so on.

So, having said all this, you know when your buddy high fives someone else and you see "Forever Alonewolf" pop up? Yeah, that always makes me want to grenade myself.

Message 7 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Mar 11, 2012

When I have a buddy, which is rare, because partnering seems to hate me, I always try to help them out. Cover fire, pick up treasures, etc.

Message 8 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8915 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I play alone a lot and I only use my "buddy" for safer spawns. I can pick their treasures if I happen to be near 'em and it's safe.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 9 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I don't pick up my buddy's treasures in case they are trying to level up Treausre Hunter.

Message 10 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes