Jan 20 2014
By: Traygor First Son 21 posts

How do I buy unlimited level unlock for FTP?

25 replies 368 views Edited Jan 20, 2014
I must be missing this because I can't find it anywhere in the store?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: How do I buy unlimited level unlock for FTP?

Jan 20, 2014

I'm not sure exactly where you'd find it or what to search for but pretty much everyone on the forums is going to recommend against it.

If you like the game, do yourself a HUGE favour...pick up or download a copy of the GOTY edition.  If you buy more than a couple of those unlocks, you'll save yourself money and probably more importantly, LOADS of aggravation.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (358 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Be warned though, factor in the cost of an online pass.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 20, 2014
I used to own the goty edition, I have the online pass tied to my account, but I had to sell my system back then so I don't have the disc. I thought it would be easier to do this but I guess not.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 20, 2014

If you have the online pass already and it's only activated on one system (even though you no longer have that one), then I think getting a cheap GOTY edition is still the way to go.

FTP with your desired "upgrades" maycheaper if you don't want too much but based on some of the related threads on this topic, would probably prove to be a lot more frustrating.

I don't think ND intended too many people to leverage the FTP version heavily...it seems like the unlocks and whatnot were not implemented well.  I think FTP was intended only as a teaser to get people to buy the full game...in that they may have succeeded!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Jan 20, 2014

don't buy the upgrades... ever...

they are overpriced, just buy a new (or used) game of the year copy, it's cheaper and then you have access to everything, the online pass is still on your account, so you can simlpy reactivate it on your new ps3 (as long as you never have shared your account with someone else that is...)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (318 Views)
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Since the online pass is on your account already just buy a used Copy of the GOTY or vanilla game DLC Maps are free anyways, unless you want skins & co op add_ons go with used GOTY. $20 for a full MP unlock is a rip off. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

Jan 21, 2014
The used game was like $8 at gamestop today. That's how I'd go if yu don't need dlc or a season pass. I didn't see GoTY edition, but I wouldn't think it'd be too expensive if you really wanted it for maps.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13032 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Even though everyone has told you to get a used copy of the game. Which is what I'd recommend also...

I'll also give the bad news that unlimited level unlock isn't even available so you don't even have a choice. lol.

I was looking for it myself a few weeks back. It doesn't exist.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014
Dang, that's terrible! How could they just wave it in our faces and then get rid of it? i have a friend who plays with me and his discs go bad, so he wants to just upgrade digitally so that he can always access the MP, but I guess he won't be able to now! -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (244 Views)
0 Likes