Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2014
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9690 posts

How does sniping work?

17 replies 463 views Edited Jan 11, 2014

I've went and tested it out iwth my cousin in a custom match and I don't really understand how it works.  

All the time I see enemies and even sometimes people on my team fire the dragon like it's an FAL with pinpoint accuracy or whip shot the t-bolt in absurd situations.

However, when I went and tested this out in a custom game when I try to quick shot the t-bolt, my bullets fire off in a random direction and absolutely cannot hit anything.  Even blind firing at close range doesn't work for me.  With the dragon my reticle just bounces everywhere and can't hit anything.

is there a certain button combination I'm just not aware of?  

Message 1 of 18 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2275 posts

Re: How does sniping work?

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I've went and tested it out iwth my cousin in a custom match and I don't really understand how it works.  

All the time I see enemies and even sometimes people on my team fire the dragon like it's an FAL with pinpoint accuracy or whip shot the t-bolt in absurd situations.

However, when I went and tested this out in a custom game when I try to quick shot the t-bolt, my bullets fire off in a random direction and absolutely cannot hit anything.  Even blind firing at close range doesn't work for me.  With the dragon my reticle just bounces everywhere and can't hit anything.

i'm pretty sure it's just experience with the weapon / technique; something that won't come to you right away ... as far as i know there is no blindfire technique like there is in COD, so the player might just be waiting for that exact spot after hitting L1 when it becomes accurate to shoot it ... some players look like they are doing something faster / in less time than what they really are

Message 2 of 18 (453 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9690 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

i'm pretty sure it's just experience with the weapon / technique; something that won't come to you right away ... as far as i know there is no blindfire technique like there is in COD, so the player might just be waiting for that exact spot after hitting L1 when it becomes accurate to shoot it ... some players look like they are doing something faster / in less time than what they really are

yeah because I'm pretty new to the uncharted experience, and am not very good.... 

I've tested this multiple times and there's just no way that either of these things can be accomplished, especially the t-bolt quick shot.  There's no skill to curving the bullet to where you want it to go.  Every instance where I wasn't holding the L1 button for multiple seconds the shot would just go in a random direction.  There's no way you could aim in such an odd direction that you could whip shot at the ground and a bullet would magically hit me.  

There has to be something, and I'm obviously not getting it.  I've even seen people who can barely aim a gun in a gunfight pick up the t-bolt and just whip shot all day. 

Message 3 of 18 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Here's what I know about aiming in this game with regards to sniper weapons:

• They blindfire when aimed until the reticle fully forms.  Weapon Expert's quickswap ability and aiming while reloading are the most popular workarounds for the Dragon and T-Bolt respectively, as they allow the reticle to form completely first, then let you fire.
  • Their reticles are static (except the Tau's parentheses).  Since your scope moves faster than your barrel when using the camera stick, scoring hits while moving can be rather tricky, but for people who always fire a little too far ahead of a moving target, this can become a major boon.  Other weapons have dynamic reticles that clue you in to where the weapon is actually going to fire when this phenomenon is in effect.  Strafing has a completely negligible effect in this vein and can serve as a great alternative, but mixing the two can exasperate the original problem.  Another means of resolving this, though it may prove tricky, is to let the camera stick fall back to netural first, then fire.  Once it hits neutral, your reticle should resume being truthful.
  • Like the Para 9, the Dragon offsets your original reticle position by a fraction of the initial bounce after firing, and only vertically.  Most of the bounce exists solely to make getting back on target quickly very difficult.  Unlike other weapons (i.e. the FAL and Tau), it's impossible to shoot during the bounce.
  • The T-Bolt's recoil operates exactly like the Dragon's, sans the mind-boggling bounce, but there's little reason to care about this outside of Co-op.
  • The Tau recovers from recoil slowly, and utilizes a strange triangular "spread cone" of sorts it can't leave on its own (imagine if the FAL had an upper limit to its recoil that it would never bounce past no matter how quickly you fired it).  The initial rate of fire buff gave it the ability to fire again during recovery, drastically changing what its capable of.

As for sniper blindfire, it's so wild on the Dragon and T-Bolt that the only way to tame it is to use the rifle like a bayonet.  This is a bit more difficult than it may sound: when blindfiring any weapon, it takes half a second for your character to get their weapon into position and fire, and the tip of the barrel will go through your opponent if you get too close, guaranteeing a miss.  It's a difficult timing excerise, but certainly not impossible.  The Tau is more or less the answer to "what if the FAL were blindfired like a handgun?" in my experience.

Message 4 of 18 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13503 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

Here is all I can actually tell you.

Theres a little dot in the middle of your screen, if you position that over the player and quickly aim and fire you will get the kill, bit harder with the Dragon since you either require a headshot or two of those shots. Then again with time a headshot isn't too difficult either. I've had my days where I can do it, equally I have a lot of days where I can't even hit the player at all.

Just depends how quick my reactions are on that day.

Hipfire really doesn't work for it, it goes anywhere within a random circle.

Message 5 of 18 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10104 posts

Jan 12, 2014

Aim with the dot on the middle of the screen.

Everything else, you'll learn as you go by, homes.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 6 of 18 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Jan 12, 2014
The blindfire thing is just luck. Hopefully... right?
Message 7 of 18 (339 Views)
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

1/2 the work is done by you seeng an enemy in distance

1/2 the work is you trying to make the game get the kill for you by straffing and shooting just when the enemy was passed in front by you aim dot

not that hard even i take out a rifle on LABMAP7 when im bored

Just Aim the dot to their side straffe shoot when you can time the dot will be passing their body and the game will kill him for you

or stay in AIM stance and keep the dot on them whilst never stoping to straffe anywhere

still will slow them down a bit and assure you a kill if you got the dot lined in his lower torso in time for two quick shoots

fleet foot and scoped in help differently so keep out 2 loadout with the rifle to see which one fits you best

and always vote for LabMAp7 is great for testing the aim mechs
 as well as a costume game with you cousin, keep on snipin each other until you can get the feel of the game making thousands of calculations while you move ur dot around targets

feel it

as for BLINDFIRING a sniper, ClipSize

The first shoot shall reveal the BF reticule (       )  make sure their body torso is in between these (    ) blindfire reticule

try to keep your avatar move staigth foward behind the target(moving to sides/zigzag reduces the blindfire accuracy outcome

then try to get in the shots whilst keeping your running straigth behind the target as well as the (      ) blindfire reticule

keep in mind that after the latest patch all BF reticules (    ) have a strange angle after effect so keep an eye out for the hitting bullets marks (x   ) that appear inside the BF reticule (  x  ) when bullets got in for they reveal the directing you should try to move you blindfire reticule for more shots to get in the enemy.

But cmon you get more Bf accuracy out of the Ak and tau, sniper is for snipin.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 8 of 18 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 12, 2014
It's called the L1 button. Aka, the long lost treasure that Drake should find in Uncharted 4, lol.
Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 18 (330 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9690 posts

Jan 12, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
It's called the L1 button. Aka, the long lost treasure that Drake should find in Uncharted 4, lol.

not quite what I was talking about but I think we've found our plot for Uncharted 4 ladies and gentlemen.  

Message 10 of 18 (303 Views)