Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Re: How does sniping work?

Jan 12, 2014
I think I might have to post some actual videos here to get an understanding of what's actually going on. Give me a bit, I'll see what I can do.
Message 11 of 18 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Jan 13, 2014

there is already videos on Uchartedtv (little youtube square in lobby) with Sniping tutorials and gameplay

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 12 of 18 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 15, 2014

I started maining the sniper a while ago. Hate the M9, everyone uses it. Sniping is all about positioning. If you don't have Scoped In gold you will not be able to take on someone 1 vs 1 in a gunfight. Fleetfoot combined with getting pain wobble is too hard to deal with. I suggest you do Block Mesh Lab 6 to level up Scoped In if you want to run around with a sniper. 

1, For a beginner's tip, you have to master the recoil on the Dragon. You have to fire shots with a very slight delay (less half a second between shots). The Dragon has good stopping power. If you hit someone once, you have a good chance at getting the final hit. 

2. It will always take 2 body shots (anywhere on the body) or 1 head shot to kill someone.

3. Use Draza's Dragon. 

4. Definitely get a decent grip on fighting in close combat (blindfire, whack'n'roll) so that when you're presented in a situation where you're surprised, you can react. 

Message 13 of 18 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 16, 2014
Ice has some good tips. I can't think of any myself though other than know your role. Most of the time, you're a support so you gotta support your teammates. I usually run around with my Para unless I need my sniper which is when I take it out. Call it a cheap method but you need a reliable tactic against the blindfiring M9s.

I'd give you more tips but you know when you know something that you've focused on for so long that you can't think about it because you just do it? It's kinda like that with me.

Bang Bang!

Message 14 of 18 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I think I might have to post some actual videos here to get an understanding of what's actually going on. Give me a bit, I'll see what I can do.

This sounds a bit strange.

For a while, in the months before TLoU came out, i started using the Sniper rifle in Plunder games as a way to keep things new and basically to Troll.

I found the quick shooting techniques worked perfectly well.   Provided the white dot was on a person's body, a quick L1-R1 hit them.   I also tried that Weapon Expert trick with the Raffica and Sniper rifle, and that worked perfectly for quick headshot kills.

The game is ridiculous in the speed with which the Sniper can be fired.  I think some of that is lag, though.  The same way someone can seem to burst fire some weapons, or shotgun fire an M9 or AK, two standard sniped shots can seem much faster when the game resolves the lag.  But there are people who simply rapid fire the thing... which basically, is not what a sniper rifle is for.

But I have no idea why your shots go off in strange directions.  Even with the camera in a completely different direction from motion, the sniper fired to the dot when quick scoping or no scoping it for me.  I simply have timing issues firing when the dot's moving over a face/body.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 15 of 18 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jan 17, 2014
I definitely know what he's saying. The issue kept happening to both of us while we were playing together. You'd start shooting smebody who had a T-bolt and he'd instantly kill you. There was one time where a guy with a T-bolt was jumping through the air and landed next to Goldhawk. The random started pulling out his T-bolt and killed Hawk before it was even off his back. After that we tested it to see if just hitting L1 and instantly pulling the trigger would send the bullet to where the dot was aiming, and it doesn't. They'll fly off in a random direction just like you were blindfiring. But, it always seems to be the same one-bar warriors who can fire a shot 5+ feet away from you and still kill you that end up pulling off these impossibly fast T-bolt kills.
Message 16 of 18 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 18, 2014
Sounds like lag to me. I use the T-Bolt as my kickback and it's pretty much the only PW I aim to pick up. From there, depending on the map, I typically just run around with it and quick scope til I run out of ammo. If I can get a 5NA with it I'll activate my next one lol.

But, my modem took a dump on me the other day. Now I have to wait for Time Warner to come out here eventually to diagnose the problem. I wish I could just buy a new modem but I can't til they come out here. So I'm stuck using my 4G LTE through my iPhone.

Now, the 4G is fast enough to play. It even keeps Uncharted TV playing smoothly too. Some games it plays perfect, other games I'm worthless and get constant white plug. I guess it just depends on the 4G traffic in my area at the time.

Ok and here's my point. Since I've had these lag problems, I've gone from a pretty good quick scoper, to rarely landing these shots. They just go right through my opponents.

So, I would be even more interested in knowing where you are located. And also, I would like to see you speedtest.net results posted on this thread. I think those could help solve the underlying issue.
Message 17 of 18 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
I definitely know what he's saying. The issue kept happening to both of us while we were playing together. You'd start shooting smebody who had a T-bolt and he'd instantly kill you. There was one time where a guy with a T-bolt was jumping through the air and landed next to Goldhawk. The random started pulling out his T-bolt and killed Hawk before it was even off his back. After that we tested it to see if just hitting L1 and instantly pulling the trigger would send the bullet to where the dot was aiming, and it doesn't. They'll fly off in a random direction just like you were blindfiring. But, it always seems to be the same one-bar warriors who can fire a shot 5+ feet away from you and still kill you that end up pulling off these impossibly fast T-bolt kills.

I think I get it now. 

I just find if you think about it, it'll end up doing that (firing in some far-out angle). If you do it naturally, it's nice and smooth Dunno why.

I've found if you do it ridiculously fast (tapping R1 almost the same time as L1), it becomes a directed/aimed blindfire shot. Maybe that was coincidence tbh, and it so happened the blindfire hit him, but I doubt it. 

e.g. look at the last kill - it counted as a blindfire kill (spray + pray medal), yet my char was lifting his gun, like half aimed.

Sorry if this didn't answer the question, not too clear on the problem .

Do you feel me?

Message 18 of 18 (163 Views)
0 Likes