Treasure Hunter
6401 posts

Re: How is the multiplayer going... ;-)

May 27, 2013

I've seen people call just about anything a tryhard loadout these days. I too have a view on what a tryhard is, but I've seen people called a tryhard for using any of the following things:

M9

M9 w/ RoF

Fleet Foot

Quick boom

Revenge

KAL-7

any form of blindfire

G-mal w/ Accuracy

para 9

Arm micro w/ RoF

T-bolt...well any PW really

camping

being in a party

Dragon sniper

meleeing(even w/o rolling)

weapon expert

Cloaked

paid boosters

a stat hat

black clothing

skeletons, Flynn, Marlowe, Elena, Chloe

etc.

I've seen people called a tryhard for using any of the above things. I agree with very few fitting in the tryhard category, but the term has been thrown around so much that you could use anything nowadays and be labeled a tryhard simply by doing good with it.

(As for the question for what else to use besides Fleet Foot, there are plenty of other good 1st slot boosters, I see fleet foot as a crutch to get the hang of aiming, and once you get good at strafing and whatnot, you can use another slot 1 booster that benefits you much more than fleet foot.)

photo Sniper.png
Message 21 of 45 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11242 posts

May 27, 2013
It's definantely better than when it released in 2011, and the f2p noobs make the game way more fun too. Just get some friends. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 45 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

May 27, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Since when is Fleet Foot a try hard booster? What else are you supposed to use?

god **bleep** all these people addicted to fleet foot, thinking it's the only 1st slot booster, just like people and their QB -_-

Message 23 of 45 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 27, 2013

It's still completely broken; either by design or by technical flaws. The lag compensation is the worst I have ever seen. It just does not make any fricking sense... Yesterday I threw a grenade at full health and blew myself up when the grenade wasn't even near me. What's worse is that there was an enemy between me and the grenade and he didn't die. What the heck is going on when something like that can happen?

I'm convinced that there's just something wrong with how the game handles hit detection and damage calculations. In co-op for example, I can kill a kickback boss with four Hammer shots or a normal armored guy in two, but only when I host. When I don't host I need to shoot them a little with my pistol as well. If the same broken damage calculations are done in the competitive modes then I understand why some people can run right through my grenades most of the time.

Message 24 of 45 (295 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 27, 2013
QuickBoom and Micro RoF aren't too big. I see 2-3 quickbooms a week and Micro RoF is ALMOST non-existent. Everyone uses Para.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 25 of 45 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

May 27, 2013

To be honest, I prefer players that use Fleet Foot since they are using a booster which needs them to AIM.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 26 of 45 (260 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 27, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

We should really set a definite meaning to what a "Tryhard" is. I'm really confused by the number of meanings that "tryhard" has.

"Tryhard" refers to anyone who is doing better than you. Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 27 of 45 (249 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

May 27, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

We should really set a definite meaning to what a "Tryhard" is. I'm really confused by the number of meanings that "tryhard" has.

"Tryhard" in this game is anyone that is 5th legacy 75, has good stats, plays with friends, uses a turbo controller, uses stat hats, uses a certain piece of clothing, uses an M9, uses Fleet Foot, uses the para-9, uses a T-Bolt.

The list goes on.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 28 of 45 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

May 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

"Tryhard" in this game is anyone that is 5th legacy 75, has good stats, plays with friends, uses a turbo controller, uses stat hats, uses a certain piece of clothing, uses an M9, uses Fleet Foot, uses the para-9, uses a T-Bolt.

The list goes on.

ND should nerf every gun to oblivion. Then we'd have to throw potatoes at one another, and nobody would be considered a tryhard. Well, unless one particular guy had extraordinarily good potato-throwing skills.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 29 of 45 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3798 posts

May 27, 2013
I prefer no-lifers to tryhard.
Message 30 of 45 (217 Views)
0 Likes