Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: How is the multiplayer going... ;-)

May 28, 2013
See, the game's fine (excluding obvious problems ND won't fix that doesn't pertain to balance eg leaderboard, cinema, coop, etc.)

What makes this game not so great on top of the tomfoolery ND has been doing is that most players (myself included) classify everyone either under tryhard or noob (where OBVIOUSLY the player classifying is totally not either).

Seriously, if you combine everyone's standards, everyone is both a tryhard and a moron.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 31 of 45 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

May 28, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

We should really set a definite meaning to what a "Tryhard" is. I'm really confused by the number of meanings that "tryhard" has.

"Tryhard" refers to anyone who is doing better than you. Smiley Tongue

"Tryhard" in this game is anyone that is 5th legacy 75, has good stats, plays with friends, uses a turbo controller, uses stat hats, uses a certain piece of clothing, uses an M9, uses Fleet Foot, uses the para-9, uses a T-Bolt.

The list goes on.

ND should nerf every gun to oblivion. Then we'd have to throw potatoes at one another, and nobody would be considered a tryhard. Well, unless one particular guy had extraordinarily good potato-throwing skills.

Or they could be like Valve and break every gun so all of them are technically balanced. :-D

anyway

I guess everyone is really a tryhard. Although I think that a tryhard is a person who takes the game to a whole new level by only trying to win, whether it's fun or not.

anyway back on topic (@OP)

The multiplayer is actually doing well. A decently active community even after two years. I find that impressive. Also, if you're looking for a challenge, try only aiming the KAL-7 or using only the Dragon Sniper.

Also try your hand at qwikscoping with the T-Bolt Sniper. Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 32 of 45 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

May 28, 2013

Ghost_12985 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

We should really set a definite meaning to what a "Tryhard" is. I'm really confused by the number of meanings that "tryhard" has.

"Tryhard" refers to anyone who is doing better than you. Smiley Tongue

"Tryhard" in this game is anyone that is 5th legacy 75, has good stats, plays with friends, uses a turbo controller, uses stat hats, uses a certain piece of clothing, uses an M9, uses Fleet Foot, uses the para-9, uses a T-Bolt.

The list goes on.

ND should nerf every gun to oblivion. Then we'd have to throw potatoes at one another, and nobody would be considered a tryhard. Well, unless one particular guy had extraordinarily good potato-throwing skills.

Or they could be like Valve and break every gun so all of them are technically balanced. :-D

anyway

I guess everyone is really a tryhard. Although I think that a tryhard is a person who takes the game to a whole new level by only trying to win, whether it's fun or not.

anyway back on topic (@OP)

The multiplayer is actually doing well. A decently active community even after two years. I find that impressive. Also, if you're looking for a challenge, try only aiming the KAL-7 or using only the Dragon Sniper.

Also try your hand at qwikscoping with the T-Bolt Sniper. Smiley Happy

Thats what the orignal term of a tryhard is. Someone who tries their hardest to obtain a win using whatever they have to achieve that, even if they are frowned upon in the community. It seems though in the Uncharted community a tryhard is anyone that is somewhat decent.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 33 of 45 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
My thoughts exactly. Generally speaking, everyone in the forums, FB groups and the game itself are tryhards, even if they just joined, according to the combined definition of "tryhard".

Same goes for "noob".
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 34 of 45 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 28, 2013

I´ve never understood tryhards.I don´t know why they try so much in a such little thing.I personally don´t care for stats,i wouldn´t care if i were the first on leaderboards too.What am i going to win if i were the first on leaderboards?I think people should play just for fun and TBH this game has a lot of fun to offer.One of the best MPs and people just wanna win and not enjoy the game?Tryhards are fools IMO

Message 35 of 45 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

May 28, 2013
I also returned to the multiplayer recently. I only play Classic and I'm loving it. UC3 Classic is by far the best UC MP experience IMO. I hope Classic is default in UC4.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 36 of 45 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
I don't know. I prefer good old fashioned gun-fighting. No boosty crap. I like Classic, but there's boosters.

I hope UC4 has the "no **bleep**" game mode.
Message 37 of 45 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

Players call you 'tryhard' if your playing better then them, take it as a compliment. Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 38 of 45 (237 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

Shamuz wrote:

Players call you 'tryhard' if your playing better then them, take it as a compliment. Smiley Tongue

The problem is that too many players use the word "thryhard" too often for no real reason.

You can easily tell the difference between a player who is simply good / better than you and a real tryhard in a match.

Message 39 of 45 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
Then Shamuz has it right then. We can't distinguish tryhards. Our only actual definition is "that guy who **bleep** me off".
Message 40 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes