Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: How old are you UC3 players

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
1) It's just that I don't like the way the community looks down on people that prefer a certain style of play.

2) Sure, the summer beta was great and everything, but we only played it for 2 weeks. How is that enough time to justify calling the beta perfect? Everything looks better in hindsight.

3) People also forgot that the summer beta had effective blindfire tactics that people would base their playstyle on. I had a friend who would ambush people with the AK ROF and Micro, exclusively using blindfire.

4) He was also the first to tell me about Whack n Roll, which existed in the summer beta.
5) Sure, stopping power was more present, but it didn't help you if you were ambushed.
6) If the summer beta existed for at least 3 months, it wouldn't be held in the same regard as it does today.

1) You mean like Steven looks down on people who prefer a G-MAL with stronger SP? Smiley Indifferent

2) I know of people who played for 12 hours per day back then. That's over 160 hours of playtime. So yeah, it's enough time to call it the pinnacle of the Uncharted MP.

3) Then how come I was rarely killed by blindfire scrubs back then? Hell, I didn't even complain about the Micro.

4) You should have been less selfish and reported it on the forums, so that ND would patch it. Animation glitches (like the smoke bomb stun evasion in TLOU MP) are NOT acceptable.

5) I repeat my question: how come I was rarely killed by blindfire scrubs back then???

Accuracy G-MAL + Heavy Bullets stopped everyone right in their tracks, just as it should be.

Not to mention the beauty of leg hitboxes, which promoted good accuracy & aiming...

6) Speak for yourself. I'd love to play a 3-4 month Uncharted MP beta.

ND is stupid for missing such a huge opportunity. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson for UC4.

Honestly, I will forgive ND if they confess the fact that they messed up the G-MAL, just like they messed up the health model in UC2 MP. Let's wait for some UC4 MP interviews.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 161 of 255 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9740 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
1) It's just that I don't like the way the community looks down on people that prefer a certain style of play.

2) Sure, the summer beta was great and everything, but we only played it for 2 weeks. How is that enough time to justify calling the beta perfect? Everything looks better in hindsight.

3) People also forgot that the summer beta had effective blindfire tactics that people would base their playstyle on. I had a friend who would ambush people with the AK ROF and Micro, exclusively using blindfire.

4) He was also the first to tell me about Whack n Roll, which existed in the summer beta.
5) Sure, stopping power was more present, but it didn't help you if you were ambushed.
6) If the summer beta existed for at least 3 months, it wouldn't be held in the same regard as it does today.

1) You mean like Steven looks down on people who prefer a G-MAL with stronger SP? Smiley Indifferent

2) I know of people who played for 12 hours per day back then. That's over 160 hours of playtime. So yeah, it's enough time to call it the pinnacle of the Uncharted MP.

3) Then how come I was rarely killed by blindfire scrubs back then? Hell, I didn't even complain about the Micro.

4) You should have been less selfish and reported it on the forums, so that ND would patch it. Animation glitches (like the smoke bomb stun evasion in TLOU MP) are NOT acceptable.

5) I repeat my question: how come I was rarely killed by blindfire scrubs back then???

Accuracy G-MAL + Heavy Bullets stopped everyone right in their tracks, just as it should be.

Not to mention the beauty of leg hitboxes, which promoted good accuracy & aiming...

6) Speak for yourself. I'd love to play a 3-4 month Uncharted MP beta.

ND is stupid for missing such a huge opportunity. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson for UC4.

Honestly, I will forgive ND if they confess the fact that they messed up the G-MAL, just like they messed up the health model in UC2 MP. Let's wait for some UC4 MP interviews.

1. I have never defended him and I honestly don't know what he's saying 90% of the time. I don't support what he's doing either.

2. 12 hours a day? You sure? Sounds a bit unhealthy. Nevertheless, it's still not enough time given to others to experiment with other playstyles and weapons and such.

3. I was always killed by blindfire. I remember it like this: If it was a person aiming that killed me, it was with a G-MAL. If it was a person blindfiring, it was an AK with ROF. For me, at least, 60% of my deaths were from blindfire from the micro and the AK ROF. The pace was always slower because of sprint speed. But then again, different people have different experiences.

4. I was never a part of the forums at the time, only since about a week or two after the beta ended. I would have told people about it after it ended, but I thought, at the time, it was useless to mention. Never would I thought it would have been hated so much lol.

5. Yeah, it was great having seperate hitboxes and more stopping power. See number 3.

6. Compared to the fun we are having now, sure. But that doesn't mean the beta will be the best thing in the world for very long, especially with the lack of content. People will moan about that in no time, eg; TLOU

Yes, I am as well excited for UC4 MP. With TLOU MP, it looks like they are going in a better direction and learning from their mistakes. All we can do now is wait.

PS: I'm totally sorry for continuing to derailing the thread

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 162 of 255 (301 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 28, 2013
Lol when I posted that picture, I said, "Meanwhile at ND.."

So yea, you did load it into paint and add it into the actual picture, which I was too lazy to do.

I don't have a problem with people being forced into BF'ing while in CQC. It's understandable. But when people use it as their main tactic, it's because they aren't any good. There's nothing rewarding about running around only BF killing people. Zero gratification. Which is bc it doesn't take effort. And if someone uses the KAL, that's really all it's good at.

Like I said, when I was brand new to this games MP, I used it a few times and all of the sudden I could go even or even positive. But even then, I felt dirty using it.

And I don't personally have issues with KAL users, they're easy to kill. It's very rare they get to me first once I know they're in the game. But if they really want to hide in a corner, it's only a matter of time until you run past them.
Message 163 of 255 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 28, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

And I made up the text in the picture.

gdsfgfgf.jpg

Message 164 of 255 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 28, 2013

I disabled forum sigs long time ago (some forumers used pretty annoying ones).

So, what the hell are you talking about?!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 165 of 255 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
559 posts

Aug 28, 2013
Blindfire a successful tactic? XDDD
U obviously have no idea what you're talkng about. Its not a playstyle, its not a balanced part of this game, its pure trash gameplay. All u guys are doing is exploiting an autoaiming mechanic!!!! Quit trying to be all high and mighty trying to justify such a huge game umbalancing exploit. Newbies aim more, most of my deaths are from blindfire(stupid aim assist and blindfire autoLOCKon ensure u always have the advantage) not from power weapons, and u guys don't do anything but hold R1 while knowing every shot will land for u....

Ppl do blindfire from far away and just zigzag their way to u for an easy kill. Steven hates anything to do with aiming cuz he cant do it. He has no skill, its an autoaiming mechanic doing everything for him.

Its trash like blindfire that always kept U3 from its great potential. Theres a reason everyone is against it -_- its a cheap auto aiming exploit. Then u guys come here and argue thats its a skill? U don't do anything to deserve those kills. I've blindfired b4, their extemely easy kills that are given to u.
Message 166 of 255 (263 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 28, 2013

I think we should start a petition on getting Cockburn fired.. 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 167 of 255 (257 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 28, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

I think we should start a petition on getting Cockburn fired.. 

Sony loves him for catering to players who cannot aim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E

Message 168 of 255 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

lol now I've reached my breaking point with that selfish insensetive **bleep**. He seriously made a video promoting what is EXACTLY wrong with the game? He's killing the freaking game.. hell he already killed it. There's still hope if he gets off his high horse and starts fixing the game.. but apparently that's the way he likes it. It doesn't matter if WE, the BLOODY CONSUMERS, actually like it. Dear god.. PLEASE, Naughty Dog, FIRE HIM.
Might as well make a multiplayer game and keep it to yourself then.. don't bother selling it to millions of people.. 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 169 of 255 (248 Views)
Naughty Paw
9740 posts

Aug 29, 2013
^He's busy refining the blindfire mechanic in UC4. That's why he isn't in TLOU credits Smiley Wink

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 170 of 255 (219 Views)
0 Likes