Thanks to Goldhawk for the suggestion.
Last Update: Edited most of the guide and cleared up a few things I thought were ....er... unclear.
The Dragon is the only weapon in the game besides the T-bolt that may shoot a person's head in cover, this provides a huge tactical advantage because if you or your teammates trap someone in cover you can still pick them off. The Dragon kills in two body shots and one shot to the head. It has a rather quick kill time. In hardcore the Dragon still retains it's two shots to kill in the body and one in the head.
- May shoot exposed heads and limbs in cover
- Two shots to kill and 1 in the head for all modes
- Quick kill time
The Dragon is incredible weak in close quarters. It has a rather low ammo count and a fierce recoil.
- Weak in CQC
- Low ammo
- Strong Recoil
For your sidearm I suggest your favourite Para9 or Arm Micro for the close encounters.
The most popular slot 1 boosters are Cloaked and Scoped-In. Scoped-In helps a lot against G-malers and other annoyances as it negates pain wobble, while cloaked keeps you hidden and silent. Another good slot 1 booster is Weapons Expert, Max ammo + reload speed works like a charm and at level 2 you can switch instantly from your sidearm to the Dragon allowing quicker kills and better aiming at close range if you aim and fire a few shots with your pistol then switch to the Dragon for the takedown.
Most slot 2 boosters will work, but my favourite is ammo award. Ammo award gives you ammo for every 3 Dragon kills and you don't even have to taunt unlike daredevil. The more valuable slot 2 boosters include Monkey Man, Daredevil and Bargain. Monkey Man is very useful for Yemen as you'll be climbing to get to the good spots. Daredevil quickly stocks your Dragon with ammo but this may be hard as your sniping, if your running out of ammo with Daredevil try to get a sidearm kill then switch weapons so when you taunt the Dragon gets the ammo. Bargain helps you get more kickbacks.
The most beneficial Kickback is sniper (t-bolt) but most kickbacks will work just fine. I suggest Smokebomb, sniper or a grenade kickback.
Paid boosters are always welcome to your loadout, here is a list of each of their benefits to a sniper.
- Ping- Helps you spot anyone who's trying to sneak up on you.
- Bargain- Mo kickbacks,mo kills.
- Explosives Expert- An extra grenade isn't much of an advantage.
- Untraceable- A very useful booster. If you miss while sniping your target is unlikely to notice.
You do the best with the Dragon when your camping, even if your not fond of it, it's a sniper what are you going to do? Rush with it? So when using the Dragon find a place to set up shop, but survey your surroundings and don't stay there to long maybe three kills or couple of minutes. The Dragon has a wicked recoil that will take some time to master so try to aim for the head if they don't see you. If you miss or hit the body wait until the reticule is going back down then align it for another shot. Remember to switch to your sidearm when moving around. Don't be afraid to tinker with the aiming speed under options if it's moving to fast or to slow, I have mine at 60-65% full on the bar. Remember to be patient and to let your prey come to you.
As you get better you will get used to the recoil and kill times will surely drop. In other modes such as Team Objective try to position your self so you have a good view of a zone and protect your allies by picking off unseen enemies or enemies they otherwise couldn't shoot.
If your trying to snipe someone who is returning fire the best way might be to strafe, try to aim the X axis with strafing, while the Y axis is normal aiming.
The Dot Shot
When trapped under cover by a non sniper move the center dot onto them (preferable the face) and quickly aim and fire, your bullet should go exactly where the dot was.
If your trapped in cover by a sniper remember to move, as they can shoot your head and anything that is exposed. You can try the dot shot trick but you may just have to roll and jump sporadically to get out of there.
Museum, City of Brass, Fort, Train Wreck, London Underground, Airstrip and Yemen are all good maps for the dragon.
- Museum- The T-bolt spawns are good spot for a quick couple of kills but don't stay there for long as it's a common area. I recommend the smallest roof by the Villain's spawn.
- Fort- The two end zones are good spots to pick off enemies but watch out for the sides as opponents can climb up and over via the boxes.
- Train Wreck- Snipe on top of the trains by the spawns or the middle trains.
- Airstrip- The Turret that you can't reach at the start is a excellent spot to snipe. The T-bolt spawn and roof will also land you some kills. At the starting sequence the Dragon is a formidable weapon.
- London Underground-When you spawn go to the cover directly above you and try to pick off the enemies coming out of their train. On the actual map go left of the mag5/RPG spot above the Villains spawn and you'll find cover with a perfect view of the tunnel area with the bookshelves and the area with the turret.
- Yemen-The two towers and the t-bolt spawns plus the rooms to the sides, truly a sniper's paradise.
- City of Brass- I have not tried this map yet. Feel free to send suggestions.
Make sure to avoid close corridors maps like Desert Village and Chateau as automatics will tear you to shreds.
How to get scoped in by Slaynman http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4598377
I'd like to thank everyone who has provide me with valuable feedback and to those who have corrected any mistakes and/or blunders that I have made.
Expect a few videos showcasing a few sniping skills starring Derpgusta137 and I in the near future.
Thanks to everyone who helped me make this guide and a special thanks to Derpgusta137.
Good guide, bud. It could use some spacing and be a bit more organized. Capitilazation and such to make it a bit more easy on the eyes? Good work nonetheless.
• [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [54 Kudos][21 Possible Changes] •
• Crushing+ • No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena (my ideas to fix that) •
• A Co-Op Dream Map • Deadly Drive - Chapter 2.5 - Co-Op Adventure •
• Pinkerton's Mansion - Co-Op Arena Map • *-=JD--'s Ultimate Co-Op Guide=-* •
• Co-Op Mods for other Weapons • Co-Op Kickback Fixes - My ideas •
• "A Forced Collaboration" - Drake, Eddy, and Flynn •