Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
370 posts

Re: How to aim and use the KAL-7 like a pro!

Apr 24, 2013

I heard the Kal-7 was actually quite manageable with a certain stat hat which decreases rate of fire on any equiped gun.

But when you aim the kal-7 now you get these nice headshots all the time (certainly with 25% headshot damage)..

Stat hats are lame though.

Message 21 of 30 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5880 posts

Apr 24, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Sorry man but most people are just too lazy/nooby?/ scrubby, to even try to aim the KAL-7. Many posts here pretty much prove my point. This game would be 10x better if that gun didn't exist period. Too bad players with even a little dignity have to put up with this crap till Uncharted 4.

Well if the gun didn't exist, then how would the game be? Not much diffirent probably, since it is barely used.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 22 of 30 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13439 posts

Apr 24, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Sorry man but most people are just too lazy/nooby?/ scrubby, to even try to aim the KAL-7. Many posts here pretty much prove my point. This game would be 10x better if that gun didn't exist period. Too bad players with even a little dignity have to put up with this crap till Uncharted 4.

You can't blame the players.

ND put the gun in the game and made it difficult to use, you can't expect people to learn how to aim, when aiming itself suggests that it's something that is meant to be straight forward.

The weapon breaks the golden rule of playability. So obviously not many are going to use it by aiming. Actually quite a few weapons break that golden rule, hence why hipfire is a serious problem. most the guns are designed in such a way that not aiming is more effective.

Message 23 of 30 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5880 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

You can't blame the players.

ND put the gun in the game and made it difficult to use, you can't expect people to learn how to aim, when aiming itself suggests that it's something that is meant to be straight forward.

The weapon breaks the golden rule of playability. So obviously not many are going to use it by aiming. Actually quite a few weapons break that golden rule, hence why hipfire is a serious problem. most the guns are designed in such a way that not aiming is more effective.

well technically:

Aiming > blindfire

Fal

Dragon

G-mal

AK

Tau

Raffica

Hammer

Mag

T-bolt

blindfire > Aiming

Kal

M9

pistole

sas

sawn-off

RPG

para

micro

PAK-80

It is theoretically even, and I know some of these guns are interchangeable and can be used the other way but the aiming/blindfire for certain weapons is overall better when you consider damage, TTK, average ammo used, distance, RoF etc.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 24 of 30 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13439 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I dunno. I always get a 50/50 chance of surviving a hipfire battle. me aiming vs a hipfire user usually results in death. for me.

Even though I connect with almost all of my shots, even a melee by the time that person gets there.

Message 25 of 30 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Mag5 people also blindfire with it hit you once and then punch your dead

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 26 of 30 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7094 posts

Apr 29, 2013

what is all of this ridiculousness? i aim the kal at medium range and i get kills on average every 4 of 10 times ask Psyschock

Sleep Matt signature
Message 27 of 30 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7094 posts

Apr 29, 2013

hes my witness

Sleep Matt signature
Message 28 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I dunno. I always get a 50/50 chance of surviving a hipfire battle. me aiming vs a hipfire user usually results in death. for me.

Even though I connect with almost all of my shots, even a melee by the time that person gets there.

Why don't you try this 

Blind fire but run away while blindfiring, when you reach to a good distance, start aiming and strafe backwards. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 29 of 30 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

is there a accuracy mod for the kal7? dang now ill have to look

if there is(not sure) you could let us know of any diference you feel

Sorry for not responding earlier, didn't know that this thread would get much attention :smileytongue:

Anyhizzle, there isn't an Accuracy mod (But there's a blindfire accuracy mod. **bleep**) but there is a Scope Zoom mod, which I always use. Without using it, I find aiming the almighty Kal-7 a bit hard.

Anyhow, yeah, I find it considerably better to aim using the Scope Zoom mod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 30 of 30 (111 Views)
0 Likes