Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 23 2013
By: Ghost_12985 Hekseville Citizen 395 posts

How to aim and use the KAL-7 like a pro!

[ Edited ]
29 replies 488 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

Hai everyone!

I'm still fairly new to these forums, so... so why is that even that important.

ANYWHO

I've noticed that lots of people say how it's near impossibru to aim the KAL-7 (when in fact they should be saying how hard it is to aim a Dragon Sniper at a moving target .-.). It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've actually been using the KAL since an Uncharted Thoughts video I saw.

I've been successful ever since. :smileyvery-happy:

So, for all of yous who want to be GDLK and aim dat kally 7, here's a protip:

Just slightly, slightly, tip the right stick downwards. It will take some time for you to get used to it. You'll be aiming like a pro in no time. :smileyhappy:

Loadout tips:

Using the KAL-7 effectively is hard enough, but then making a good loadout?! OMG OMG OMG IMPOSSIBRU-not.

So, here's basically how my loadout goes:

KAL-7 (DURR) [Mods: Scope Zoom]

Tau Sniper (used for distance, since you have to be crazy to actually think you'll kill someone with a KAL-7 from afar) [Mods: Call Out]

Explosive Expert (used for CQC and unadvantageous fights. Go Tap-A-Nade!)

Daredevil (used for moar ammo, althought Ammo Award could be used)

Cluster Bomb (moar grenades, although I find Cluster Bomb to be a bit weak. Might be changing to Mega Bomb)

So, yeah. Thought I'd make a small contribution to the community. :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: Using and aiming the KAL-7 like a pro!

Apr 23, 2013

You've never met TeabagMcFrag, have you? lol :smileytongue:

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (487 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 23, 2013
@LifeLongFrenzy
whodat?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 23, 2013

He gets The Long Rangers with the Kal-7.

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Not even kidding.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 23, 2013
.-.

Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I have a friend called Darkvoid, he uses the Kal-7 and Tau and aims both...somehow does better than me. :smileyindifferent:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (342 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18267 posts

Apr 23, 2013
I also enjoy aiming the Kal-7 when I feel like it. My Kal-7 loadout involve the Rate of Fire mod, so I'm putting an extra burden on my aiming. Still, if you can get the recoil down in some way, getting an aiming kill with a Kal-7 RoF can be very enjoyable. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5698 posts

Re: How to aim and use the KAL-7 like a pro!

Apr 23, 2013

Not sure why you would need explosive expert for CQC fights, since thats where the KAL dominates the most... Despite it really debilitating you, I would say a stat hat that reduces RoF could help greatly when aiming, and daredevil will be the better alternative for a 2nd booster to get ammo for it as well as the tau since both of them have ammo problems.

I would find Cutter's kal being better for aiming if you want. As for a first slot booster, FF may be ideal to help control your aim. as for a kickback, militia man is pretty good too, thanks to its high RoF tho, you may burn the entire clip during the duration, but it makes it super effective.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Re: How to aim and use the KAL-7 like a pro!

Apr 23, 2013

Ghost_12985 wrote:

Hai everyone!

I'm still fairly new to these forums, so... so why is that even that important.

ANYWHO

I've noticed that lots of people say how it's near impossibru to aim the KAL-7 (when in fact they should be saying how hard it is to aim a Dragon Sniper at a moving target .-.). It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've actually been using the KAL since an Uncharted Thoughts video I saw.

I've been successful ever since. :smileyvery-happy:

So, for all of yous who want to be GDLK and aim dat kally 7, here's a protip:

Just slightly, slightly, tip the right stick downwards. It will take some time for you to get used to it. You'll be aiming like a pro in no time. :smileyhappy:

Loadout tips:

Using the KAL-7 effectively is hard enough, but then making a good loadout?! OMG OMG OMG IMPOSSIBRU-not.

So, here's basically how my loadout goes:

KAL-7 (DURR)

Tau Sniper (used for distance, since you have to be crazy to actually think you'll kill someone with a KAL-7 from afar)

Explosive Expert (used for CQC and unadvantageous fights. Go Tap-A-Nade!)

Daredevil (used for moar ammo, althought Ammo Award could be used)

Cluster Bomb (moar grenades, although I find Cluster Bomb to be a bit weak. Might be changing to Mega Bomb)

So, yeah. Thought I'd make a small contribution to the community. :smileyhappy:

Kal-7 and the Tau with Weapon expert level 3. Blindfire accuracy and rate of fire mods on the Kal-7 and Rate of Fire and reload speed on the Tau. To counter the low Ammo I go Ammo award because it gives me Tau ammo too. As for kickback go Militia man, as you can fire for days. I have an amazing connect four somewhere in one of my threads that used this loadout. Also aiming the Kal doesn't make you a pro. It makes you look like a moron. I aim occasionally when it's needed but to aim exclusively is just dumb. It's my wildcard gun and probably the most fun thing in the world.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (301 Views)
0 Likes