Wastelander
699 posts

Re: How to aim and use the KAL-7 like a pro!

Apr 23, 2013

aim a Kal7  LOFL

i kid.... its nice too c people can handle it enough to aim such a beauty.....

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 11 of 30 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20407 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

aim a Kal7  LOFL

Believe it or not, but I've gotten a good amount of headshot kills with the Kal-7 because I aimed it. The crazy recoil brought it up to the head and I was somehow able to get it to stay there and hit them in the head once or twice for them to die. Smiley Very Happy

It's possible, but not very common. Extremely satisfying if you pull it off, though. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 30 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7083 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

aim a Kal7  LOFL

Believe it or not, but I've gotten a good amount of headshot kills with the Kal-7 because I aimed it. The crazy recoil brought it up to the head and I was somehow able to get it to stay there and hit them in the head once or twice for them to die. Smiley Very Happy

It's possible, but not very common. Extremely satisfying if you pull it off, though. Smiley Wink

that satisfying feeling of hearing rapid sounding *tinks* by firing a kal into someones head.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 30 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Apr 23, 2013

There is no point in aiming the Kal 7 at least without the ROF mod. The kill time is one the slowest due to the fact it takes 10 bullets to kill (~.93 seconds to kill vs ~.6 Fal, ~.73-.8 AK&M9) If you attach ROF it goes down to almost the .6 second range and also for some reason the KAL is easier to control with ROF.

>
Message 14 of 30 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

I don't use RoF :o

Apr 23, 2013

I see people saying that I should use the RoF mod.

Well, here's an interesting fact: I don't use the RoF mod. #truestory

I actually use the scope zoom. Just makes me feel awesome knowing I have a better chance killing someone at close range.

(I'll add my mods to the OP too)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 15 of 30 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Ghost_12985 wrote:

Hai everyone!

I'm still fairly new to these forums, so... so why is that even that important.

ANYWHO

I've noticed that lots of people say how it's near impossibru to aim the KAL-7 (when in fact they should be saying how hard it is to aim a Dragon Sniper at a moving target .-.). It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've actually been using the KAL since an Uncharted Thoughts video I saw.

I've been successful ever since. Smiley Very Happy

So, for all of yous who want to be GDLK and aim dat kally 7, here's a protip:

Just slightly, slightly, tip the right stick downwards. It will take some time for you to get used to it. You'll be aiming like a pro in no time. Smiley Happy

Loadout tips:

Using the KAL-7 effectively is hard enough, but then making a good loadout?! OMG OMG OMG IMPOSSIBRU-not.

So, here's basically how my loadout goes:

KAL-7 (DURR) [Mods: Scope Zoom]

Tau Sniper (used for distance, since you have to be crazy to actually think you'll kill someone with a KAL-7 from afar) [Mods: Call Out]

Explosive Expert (used for CQC and unadvantageous fights. Go Tap-A-Nade!)

Daredevil (used for moar ammo, althought Ammo Award could be used)

Cluster Bomb (moar grenades, although I find Cluster Bomb to be a bit weak. Might be changing to Mega Bomb)

So, yeah. Thought I'd make a small contribution to the community. Smiley Happy

The Dragon is easy.. The trick is to not follow the target, place the dot infront of the targets running direction and wait.

Hell.. If you are good enough you don't even have to do that, you can just place dot, quickly scope, free kill.

Still, I'll continue hipfiring the KAL 7.. I don't like fighting with the gameplay mechanics. I'm there to play, not to endure a wrestling match with a control pad.

Message 16 of 30 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Ghost_12985 wrote:

Hai everyone!

I'm still fairly new to these forums, so... so why is that even that important.

ANYWHO

I've noticed that lots of people say how it's near impossibru to aim the KAL-7 (when in fact they should be saying how hard it is to aim a Dragon Sniper at a moving target .-.). It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've actually been using the KAL since an Uncharted Thoughts video I saw.

I've been successful ever since. Smiley Very Happy

So, for all of yous who want to be GDLK and aim dat kally 7, here's a protip:

Just slightly, slightly, tip the right stick downwards. It will take some time for you to get used to it. You'll be aiming like a pro in no time. Smiley Happy

Loadout tips:

Using the KAL-7 effectively is hard enough, but then making a good loadout?! OMG OMG OMG IMPOSSIBRU-not.

So, here's basically how my loadout goes:

KAL-7 (DURR) [Mods: Scope Zoom]

Tau Sniper (used for distance, since you have to be crazy to actually think you'll kill someone with a KAL-7 from afar) [Mods: Call Out]

Explosive Expert (used for CQC and unadvantageous fights. Go Tap-A-Nade!)

Daredevil (used for moar ammo, althought Ammo Award could be used)

Cluster Bomb (moar grenades, although I find Cluster Bomb to be a bit weak. Might be changing to Mega Bomb)

So, yeah. Thought I'd make a small contribution to the community. Smiley Happy

The Dragon is easy.. The trick is to not follow the target, place the dot infront of the targets running direction and wait.

Hell.. If you are good enough you don't even have to do that, you can just place dot, quickly scope, free kill.

Still, I'll continue hipfiring the KAL 7.. I don't like fighting with the gameplay mechanics. I'm there to play, not to endure a wrestling match with a control pad.

I don't know. Aiming the KAL seems ridiculously effective for a gun whose blindfire effectiveness is jacked up.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 17 of 30 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I got a Long Ranger with a KAL once but that was one time I wanna get more used to it
Sleep Matt signature
Message 18 of 30 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 24, 2013

is there a accuracy mod for the kal7? dang now ill have to look

if there is(not sure) you could let us know of any diference you feel

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 19 of 30 (260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Sorry man but most people are just too lazy/nooby?/ scrubby, to even try to aim the KAL-7. Many posts here pretty much prove my point. This game would be 10x better if that gun didn't exist period. Too bad players with even a little dignity have to put up with this crap till Uncharted 4.
Message 20 of 30 (254 Views)
0 Likes