Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 08 2013
By: xINESCAPABLEx Uncharted Territory 1541 posts

How to improve your skills - G-MAL Edition

[ Edited ]
25 replies 297 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Since there was a lot of positive feedback from the T-Bolt Edition I'll give a G-MAL Edition a go and see how it works out. 

Airport - No Intro - Accuracy and Timing 

Head on over to the wooden building near the villain spawn on the rooftop, where the RPG spawns once the building is blown up. Once you climb up on to the roof directly from the villain spawn, you'll be running up hill and will eventually come to the wall of the next building, having the MAG-5 (Three Team Deathmatch) spawn and wooden building to your right and a ledge to the left. Head on over to the left and position yourself so then you can see inside the doorway of the wooden structure.

Have your friend/s head on over inside the building and wait inside the building. They should be waiting behind the gap of the building which you can jump over to run towards the villain spawn. If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about then you may as well skip to the next exercise.

Once your friend/s is/are waiting by that gap in the building, shoot your pistol then swap on over to the G-MAL. Your friend's job is to jump through the gap, run along the building, past the cinderblocks, jump on to that freight crate (I forget the actual name for it) and then if you're not dead by then, climb back up and go back to the building.

Your job is to kill them with the G-MAL, scope or no scope, before they land on the freight crate. This helps train your accuracy and timing. Once you run out of bullets then swap over. (If you use Flynn's G-MAL like me, only shoot until you have 60 bullets since it'll be the equivalent of the other G-MAL's bullets) 

Museum - Accuracy and Control from a Distance

If you have ever used the G-MAL, you should know that sometimes you have to get a kill with it from all the way across the map. For some people it's difficult, like for myself I couldn't do it on my life until about three months ago when I was doing this exercise non-stop. I'm sure everyone knows the two buildings with the T-Bolts in them, go to the one which is on the balcony and not in the tower and jump up to the roof behind that. You know the one where the idol always spawns in Plunder giving the villains a big advantage and the one which people always camp at with their T-Bolt? Yeah that one.

I would go up there and get a friend to run across the wooden planks which is the roof of the building with the tower on top of it on the other side of the map and he would run across the wooden planks, jump to the next building, sprint across there and then go past the M32 area towards that really high spot in the map where a lot of people camp and snipe. Then once he had healed he would do that exact same run but backwards. This really helped me a lot. If you also don't get this exercise and there's other people who don't as well I'll have to re-word it.

Desert Village - Close Quarters Combat

Mind the weird font changes everywhere, my computer isn't always that reliable and I'm using a keyboard made for Microsoft on an Apple Mac so there's already screw ups there.

Anyway, eventually you'll come across an enemy right in front of you and you might not have time to swap to your pistol. While blindfiring isn't too bad with the G-MAL, it's also not that reliable. This is why this exercise is pretty important. Whether you use the scope or not is your choice, while I can use both it doesn't really matter how you do it. It's basically your choice where you want to be in this exercise. I prefer to jump into the well where the M32 spawns in Co-Op or I like to go the higher part of the level, go to the area where the shotgun spawns and run towards the villain spawn. You know that little spawn point where everyone camps and where it's really easy to get a comet drop in? That place. Go there.

Have your friend run around the area which you're in and you have to try to kill them. Even I'll admit, I was goddamn lazy with this exercise and there's probably a million ways that people can make it better but I'm honestly not too sure of any innovations. If you have any then please suggest it.

Tomorrow or whenever I feel like it I'll write up the assault rifle one. If I feel like I can separate them both I'll do one for the M9 and another separate one for the AK but don't get your hopes up. Speaking of hopes, I hope this helps. Good luck! :smileyhappy: <3

Bang Bang!

Message 1 of 26 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Re: How to improve your skills - G-MAL Edition

Jun 8, 2013
Gmal is awesome. The best place to practice is syria imo :smileytongue:

That place forces u to aim well because of all the things to hide behind, variable distances and elevation, and multiple lines of sight.

If u get the hang of it, u can hand out many headshots and deaths quickly. If u ever notice that sometimes your reticle locks on exactly on a certain point while u move, then thats the effect u want with this gun. It makes longer distance kills easier.

Shoot your first burst while simultaneously strafing to the right or left. On the second one same thing, but strafe back in the opposite direction. U'll see its much much easier to stay on target and can land far more bullets quicker. Extremely useful for headshots or distant targets :smileytongue: bloop

When needing to aiming at someone else immediately after that kill, stop moving and aim at the next person or let go of L1 to zoom out and move your aim dot to the next person and zoom back in like a quickscope to avoid the awful sticky aim assist :smileytongue:

Its extremely helpful if u see an enemy running by you. Quickly aim in on him and simultaneously shoot and quickly strafe in the direction hes running in for insane accuracy on the first burst. If he has lowlife....booom u just stole a kill or finished him off quickly XD
Message 2 of 26 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Btw hai Lily
XD
Message 3 of 26 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I just saw a level 37 no legacy no paw (my bud in that match) pwn with the GMAL. Man, I feel like using the GMAL, but at this rate all my loadouts will be WE and MM.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 26 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I love the G-Mal on the London Underground intro especially with cloaked imo it's the safest way to play it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 26 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4507 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Forget everything in the OP. All you have to do to improve with the gmal is equip Accuracy and either scoped in or fleet foot. Don't forget your Cloaked stat hat!
Message 6 of 26 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Jun 8, 2013
What if I wanted to use another gun mod?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 26 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4507 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Why use anything else? Call out is useless since anyone worth using it against uses Cloaked Stat Hat. Reload speed is kinda pointless on a ranged gun with a good clip. Blindfire accuracy is pointless. Max ammo is meh. Clip Size is meh.
Message 8 of 26 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 8, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Why use anything else? Call out is useless since anyone worth using it against uses Cloaked Stat Hat. Reload speed is kinda pointless on a ranged gun with a good clip. Blindfire accuracy is pointless. Max ammo is meh. Clip Size is meh.

I find that if I use Scoped In then I can live without the Accuracy mod. I have to either have Reload Speed or Clip Size but not both for any gun. As for Cloaked Stat Hat, I don't really care. I just bought the hat that looked good :smileyvery-happy:

Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 26 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Talbot's nose ring is amazing it's so noticeable I purely bought it for the aesthetic looks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 10 of 26 (219 Views)