Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 13 2012
By: Chrisrocks12345 Hekseville Citizen 284 posts

How to make teams better

[ Edited ]
15 replies 176 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

Whenever i play, i'm always teamed up with splitscreeners. If the other person has his own account this wouldn't come into affect. So if i have a splitscreen buddy it would come up as Chrisrocks12345(1). That player would have EVERYTHING i have including my level. with the new patch the matchmaking system teams people up more fairly. My buddy could be legacy 5 lvl 75, the game thinks he is the top rank, even though he hasn't played before. Now my team will have poor players because the game thinks we have two top rank players. My suggestion is, have that player be marked as level one. If after one game they do incredibly well (because they have played before). Mark them out of 6 depending on how good they did, and change their level every game. For example if my buddy got a 4 out of 6 he should be marked 3rd legacy level 1. if he got 6 out of 6 he would be legacy 5. This would make matchmaking better. What do you guys think?

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post :smileywink:
Message 1 of 16 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6088 posts

Re: How to make matchmaking better

Nov 13, 2012

Whenever I see splitscreeners I picture it as the first person being sorta decent or good depending on his level, and I picture the 2nd as like a little brother or cousin who knows nothing about the game. I think this because the 2nd one usually does BAAAAAAAAAD and I mean like 1-18 bad.

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 16 (169 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Nov 13, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

Whenever I see splitscreeners I picture it as the first person being sorta decent or good depending on his level, and I picture the 2nd as like a little brother or cousin who knows nothing about the game. I think this because the 2nd one usually does BAAAAAAAAAD and I mean like 1-18 bad.

ya so the second player should be marked as level one

Message 3 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I like the idea of setting the guest account to level one to balance teams as long as they make it so you can't set the splitscreen account as the host to take advantage of level based matchmaking. It's annoying when split screeners throw off the balance of a team, good idea. I don't see a need for the second part about ranking the guest account based on their scores, and I highly doubt it will happen.

Message 4 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

I like the idea of setting the guest account to level one to balance teams as long as they make it so you can't set the splitscreen account as the host to take advantage of level based matchmaking. It's annoying when split screeners throw off the balance of a team, good idea. I don't see a need for the second part about ranking the guest account based on their scores, and I highly doubt it will happen.

if you dont rank, the lvl one players could actually very skilled players over at a friends house.

Message 5 of 16 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7198 posts

Nov 13, 2012

there is no way to make matchmaking better just deal with it jesus it's just as game anyway

Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 16 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10141 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Chrisrocks12345 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

if you dont rank, the lvl one players could actually very skilled players over at a friends house.

If you do rank, you end up with one decent guy and one moron who should play SP first.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 16 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9793 posts

Nov 13, 2012
How about we stop searching for players with the highest ping. So sick of dying to garbage, and needing a **bleep** nuke to kill one enemy.
Message 8 of 16 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Chrisrocks12345 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Any highly skilled player most likely has an account that he can sign in with, and it uses that level for team balancing.

Message 9 of 16 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
How about we stop searching for players with the highest ping. So sick of dying to garbage, and needing a **bleep** nuke to kill one enemy.

I agree, but I believe this post is actually talking about team balancing even though he called it matchmaking. Common mistake.

Message 10 of 16 (117 Views)