Highlighted
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Re: How we could better cover so that is more important to multiplayer.

Jan 19, 2014

Blennerville wrote:
a small bit extra Stopping Power while in cover might be a good idea to slow down rushers.

While we are at it, why not give them automatic lock on & perfect BF accuracy when in cover? Cat Frustrated

Message 21 of 201 (445 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
a small bit extra Stopping Power while in cover might be a good idea to slow down rushers.

yes but it could also benefit camping ...

You do relise I hate high Stopping Power, especially in UC3 and I wanted practically no SP on the Gmal and FAL. The M9 has way too much SP for my liking. I dont agree with high SP being the solution to BF since high SP is a big problem in itself, so when I suggested a SLIGHT increase in SP while in cover I didnt make it lightly.

I hate high SP and I hate the way SP in general works in UC3 - it is way too high and takes effect even if you are running away instead of only when going towards a hail of bullets, other times it seems like SP doesnt work at all and has no effect on a Blindfire rushes - doesnt get slowed down 1%. - SP just never worked as it should in UC3.

In UC2 Stopping Power worked much better - it only took effect while running towards bullets and it always worked well to stop someone rushing you (when they were not bunny-hopping).

When i say a small bit extra Stopping Power from cover I mean a very small % increase to already very low default SP.

As for camping - if they are camping in cover I dont see how that is anything other than better than what we have now where they are cornershooting - take base to base sniping in FORT for example - people in cover are sitting ducks to dragon fire compared to those straffing from side to side.

and yes @ Wycliff, Blindfire should be more accurate while in cover (like it was in UC2), again thats coming from someone who hates BF with a passion.

Flanking options should be better though.

Message 22 of 201 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 19, 2014
i guess people dont want better cover ??
Message 23 of 201 (432 Views)
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Jan 19, 2014

We want better cover mechanics & fluidity getting in & out of cover.

Giving people extra stopping power while in cover will not help to make cover mechanics better. 

Also blindfire accuracy is quite good in UC3, you actually have better BF accuracy in cover than when you actually just run around holding R1.

Message 24 of 201 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I thought we wanted to encourage more use of COVER and to make COVER more useful and beneficial to the player, am i wrong ??
Message 25 of 201 (425 Views)
Fender Bender
3200 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

I don't know where you got that from but i'm pretty sure this & the other thread was about improving the mechanic & its executions when doing different tasks pertaining to cover.

Message 26 of 201 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

Im pritty sure "This thread is to discuss all things regarding cover"
and "How we could better cover so that is more important to multiplayer"

There isnt much point in making better cover mechanics when there is no motivation to use them - straffing and corner shooting is better than cover and blindfire rushers sprinting at cover are very effective.
Need i go on ??

Message 27 of 201 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Jan 19, 2014

"This thread is to discuss all things regarding cover from simple corner transitions to more complex things like wall bouncing and animation lag for entering and exiting cover and how climbing up a ledge while in cover can be made smoother." 

There we go better? I didn't have to pick apart the OP. 

People use cover alot in UC3 & i'm sure we would use it more if it didn't get us killed while trying to get in & out of cover alot of the time. So before you once again try to change the topic can we atleast properly discuss what this thread was meant to be about.

Because it will make no sense trying to give people more incentives to use cover when the base mechanic is clunky.

Message 28 of 201 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Why make cover more better if it's not a COVER based shooter, according to you guys, of course.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 29 of 201 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Overrated Redemption obviously copied Vanquish Smiley Tongue

Hater! Smiley Very Happy

RDR is amazing in so many places IMO... most specifically the fluidity and movement

young beard signature
Message 30 of 201 (377 Views)