Fender Bender
2590 posts

Re: How we could better cover so that is more important to multiplayer.

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

What would be different besides the fact that there would be no cars? In turn, what can you also do on your free time in the game? the story is linear, not non-linear like those other open-world games. Yes ND needs to step it up, but an open world is not the answer.

Can your imagination be anymore linear?

I said a 'Semi Open World' actually if you want me to be technical about this.

And the story can still be linear, they will simply give us more freedom to roam around & actually explore instead of having us walking down their path all game,  then once you get to certain locations or do a certain event they take away that freedom so they can progress the story.

I never said it should be a Sand box open world game nor would I want that.

Message 101 of 201 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2590 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

You do know an open world Uncharted would be nothing like GTA. The world wouldn't be totally sandbox open.

After TR, ND has no choice but to step up their game.

I liked the more open levels in Tomb Raider, but Tomb Raider was on 1 island, and Uncharted is more like a globe trotting adventure, so I don't think they can do it like Tomb Raider did, but if Naughty Dog just makes slightly larger levels I'm fine with it, I think Uncharted 2 had the best level design, Uncharted 3 was a little worse, so if they make it like Uncharted 2 it's ok :smileyhappy:

Yes TR was one a island but the levels were designed with linearity in mind but they also gave you a sense of freedom  even though alot of the levels aren't huge you still felt like you were in an open world. The entire map isn't just one big open world.

Message 102 of 201 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Hielke6991 wrote:
Will we also discuss the genre of GTA and Tomb Raider? I'm sure we can fill lots of pages with that aswell.

We will, shortly after we will discuss the genre of Need For Speed games as well as Fifa.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 103 of 201 (245 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7249 posts

Jan 24, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

What would be different besides the fact that there would be no cars? In turn, what can you also do on your free time in the game? the story is linear, not non-linear like those other open-world games. Yes ND needs to step it up, but an open world is not the answer.

And the story can still be linear, they will simply give us more freedom to roam around & actually explore instead of having us walking down their path all game,  then once you get to certain locations or do a certain event they take away that freedom so they can progress the story.

The environments are open enough. There's enough time to explore the surroundings and find treasures, which is good enough.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 104 of 201 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7249 posts

Jan 24, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

To tell you the truth, I don't care what they do.

As long as there is a lot of cover and a lot of shooting, like the other Uncharteds, I'll be happy.

EDIT: I want to 1 vs 1 you in PASBR

I don't really 1v1 but OK why not :smileyhappy:

Sleep Matt signature
Message 105 of 201 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2590 posts

Jan 24, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

The environments are open enough. There's enough time to explore the surroundings and find treasures, which is good enough.

The environments in Uncharted aren't open though.:smileyindifferent: 

Message 106 of 201 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7249 posts

Jan 24, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Open enough to explore for treausre. All that is needed.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 107 of 201 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Hielke6991 wrote:
Will we also discuss the genre of GTA and Tomb Raider? I'm sure we can fill lots of pages with that aswell.

GTA is a game for braindead people and Tomb Raider is an action/adventure :smileyhappy:

Message 108 of 201 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2590 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Open enough to explore for treausre. All that is needed.

The treasures are placed right before your eyes, there's no real sense of exploration. Anyways each to his own, my stance aint changing.

Message 109 of 201 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2590 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

GTA is a game for braindead people and Tomb Raider is an action/adventure :smileyhappy:

There's more action & adventuring in GTA than both TR & Uncharted :smileytongue:

Message 110 of 201 (204 Views)