Feb 21 2012
By: Asraik Survivor 2224 posts

Hypothetically: If you worked at Naughty Dog what would you do?

42 replies 253 views Edited Feb 21, 2012

Okay. so I sometimes wish I worked at Naughty Dog, which is probably never going to happen but let's get to the point.

If hypothetically, you did work at Naughty Dog, you were the guy in charge and decided what would be added to the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer, what would you add?

I would personally do this:

1 - Better Customization Options:

• Tons of colours availbile for each characters
  • Organization of skins into 1 Drake (with you being able to choose from all his shirts) and the same other similar characters (no long list)
  • The ability to customize Genghis Khan's Armour, Tetram's Gas Mask, and other non-customizable accessories
  • Being able to customize things like a characters belt, gloves, ect (the little things)
  • The abilty to use Chloe's shirt on Elena, ect (For all characters essentially, well some clothing would be gender specfic, no Chloe's Nepal Shirt on Draza )
  • Adding more hair/clothes for custom villains/heros (and being able to make a female customizable hero/villain)
  • Adding more accessories for characters
  • The ability to customize characters hair (Chloe with pink hair, Nate with blue, Lazarevic with no colour, ect)
  • The ability to remove accessories (like rings, watches and such.. so a 'nothing' slot I guess)
  • The basic ability to customize your custom characters bosy type/facial features (Doesn't have to be spectacular, eye colour, lip colour, shape of the face, ect)
  • The option to use all clothes availible for both custom heros/villain on each other (so all hero clothing is availible on the villains side/vice versa)

2 - Fix a number of issues:

• Party Splitting issues
  • Not being able to join certain people who are in lobby (unable to join message)
  • Giving Lazarvic's Henchman their original voices back (Lovac, Dragan, ect)
  • Fixing Cloaked - Gold to like it should
  • Getting kicked from the game or being left in the lobby
  • Giving the new DLC (Rogues Pack) henchman voices instead of the ones custom villains use (not really a huge deal)
  • Fixing glitches like when no one can pick anything up from a Three Medal Treasure Chest
  • Any other issue that I didn't mention that's glitched/bugged
  • Host migration/Late Join in certain modes (example: Hunter Arena)
  • Make it so you can play as your selected villain on Hunter Arena/Co-op Arena

3 - Adding New Features:

• Adding back Elimination
  • Balancing Hunter Arena (Make the AI like that on crushing, include chokers, PAK-180 guys, but make only 2 villains and 3/4 heros. I think it'd make it better)
  • Adding back missing skins (Heist Flynn, Rika, Pinkerton, Heist Chloe, Wetsuit Elena, ect)
  • Adding new boosters (Mainly for Booster Slot 2, I don't know what types though)
  • Adding more legacies/make it harder to level up so easily
  • Add new DLC (Fire Djinn's and similar ones)
  • Keep patching so they never stop until Uncharted 4 comes out (not going to happen but I can dream)
  • Adding more Emblem Pieces, and being able to move them around (left, right, ect instead of just scaling and rotating)
  • Adding the ability to play music in game (only so your party can hear or something, so no one has to be 'tortured by subjected to your music')

4 - Communicate More with the Uncharted Community

• Tell the community what Naughty Dog is doing/planning without the endless asking by the community.

I may add more later, so what would you do if you worked at Naughty Dog to make Uncharted 3 better?

(Try to keep this positive, with no nerfing of blah blah blah or complaining.)

Message 1 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Re: Hypothetically: If you worked at Naughty Dog what would you do?

Feb 21, 2012

I'd stop duplicating issue threads.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Feb 21, 2012

scootgar wrote:

I'd stop duplicating issue threads.

Is there a thread of this/like this one?

Message 3 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Oh, Scootgar, let Miles run his thread, there are limitations as you know, but if it were possible I would of course agree with you and who wouldn't really?

Message 4 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Feb 21, 2012

If I worked at ND, I would be there all night and day, working as hard as I can to please every single person I know. Making sure there are no bugs, offering advice to anyone who needs it, and working as hard as possible to achieve maximum satisfaction.

I would then go back to my janitor's closet.

I Only Post Everything
933 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I would intentionally muck up live updates to change all kickback medal requirements to 1, or set G-MAL to take 12 bursts to kill, or make the M9 and AK recoil values switch.

Why?

Because it'd be really funny.

An Uncharted 3 Commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn8iewHocDA

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - MonsieurDiables
Message 6 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Slaynman wrote:

If I worked at ND, I would be there all night and day, working as hard as I can to please every single person I know. Making sure there are no bugs, offering advice to anyone who needs it, and working as hard as possible to achieve maximum satisfaction.

I would then go back to my janitor's closet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanna level up scoped-in? http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4598377?start=0&tstart=0

Wanna learn Hakan in Street Fighter 4? http://descrubify.forumotion.net/t543-so-you-want-to-learn-hakan

Wanna ask a question? Well you don't need to cause this is here http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-1084

Wanna complain to me? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9ufwyrlkI1qbrm0io1_500.jpg

So please like 0.1% of the community?The janitor's closet will have to wait.

Message 7 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Feb 21, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanna level up scoped-in? http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4598377?start=0&tstart=0

Wanna learn Hakan in Street Fighter 4? http://descrubify.forumotion.net/t543-so-you-want-to-learn-hakan

Wanna ask a question? Well you don't need to cause this is here http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-1084

Wanna complain to me? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9ufwyrlkI1qbrm0io1_500.jpg

So please like 0.1% of the community?The janitor's closet will have to wait.

It was a joke, as in I'm the janitor and not actually working on Uc3. . .

Sackboy
577 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I would probably just do the bare minimum amount of work, and give half assed answers to the community. What can I say, I guess I just go with the flow.

Message 9 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Feb 21, 2012

AbNoRmaL__aGenT wrote:

I would probably just do the bare minimum amount of work, and give half assed answers to the community. What can I say, I guess I just go with the flow.

Zing.

Anyway if I worked for ND. I probably wouldn't make a difference. I would be the one tryhard in the office striving for a balanced and competitive game and I will be filled in a room for of casual scrubs who have no idea what their doing basically.

Message 10 of 43 (253 Views)
0 Likes