Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2014
By: Nutrollio First Son 11 posts

I bought Maps an Modes DLC Bundle, but coop not working...

10 replies 288 views Edited Feb 14, 2014

I bought the Maps and Modes DLC bundle off the PS store, which contains Flash mappack 1-2, coop adventure-coop shade- and Drake map pack.. Downloaded and installed, but when I go to coop in multiplayer section in the main menu and click coop shade or adventure, it says it must be purchased and installed, why? TY

Message 1 of 11 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Re: I bought Maps an Modes DLC Bundle, but coop not working...

Feb 14, 2014
Every time a new person comes to this forum he should be forced to watch a popup about this for at least 1 minute.

Signature02.png

Message 2 of 11 (278 Views)
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Nutrollio wrote:

I bought the Maps and Modes DLC bundle off the PS store, which contains Flash mappack 1-2, coop adventure-coop shade- and Drake map pack.. Downloaded and installed, but when I go to coop in multiplayer section in the main menu and click coop shade or adventure, it says it must be purchased and installed, why? TY

Because you're most likely using the free to play version, to play co-op you must buy the co-op add-on, it's not just buying the DLC and it will work. To play co-op and the co-op DLC you must have the co-op add on.

You just got ripped off.

Message 3 of 11 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 18, 2014

I have to wonder how much damage ND has done to the IP (and potential fan base) with the F2P version.

It's a crying shame they made it so complicated.

Message 4 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 18, 2014

OP...if you're not in too deep, the better option would be to buy the GOTY edition online.

Message 5 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 18, 2014

@Hielke...

Agreed.

If the purpose of the F2P was to increase the player pool and get people to buy the full version (as opposed to a shameless money grab), then there should have been a "blurb" when downloading F2P...something like:

"We hope you enjoy our introductory competitive Free2Play version of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.  To experience advancing to the highest competitive ranks, multiplayer cooperative modes and our multi-award winning singleplayer campaign, we encourage you to purchase online the Game of the Year edition which includes many, many extras."

Message 6 of 11 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Not to defend Naughty Dog but they've been practically begging F2P players since last February to buy the GOTY version in the Message of the Day. A part of the blame is to be placed on people who cant take 5 minutes to read a simple pop up for a new game they're trying out. They even have a link to the the site for all the info you need about the F2P version right at the end of the Message of the Day.

Message 7 of 11 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

Heh I tried to help OP on another section of this site. I ignored the co-op thing thinking, if you'd have bought the DLC bundle you'd enable co-op automatically.

C'mon ND. what is that?

Are you serious that it doesn't enable co-op? Because if that's true then that is absolutely horrible. Every other F2P I've played once you buy a pack for a mode the mode comes with it.

Message 8 of 11 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2014

same issue here, and from what I see there are tens if not hundreds of people to which this has happened. This is my first post here since so far I haven't encountered anything similar in my experience with PS.

When a person comes here asking about this issue, it is most probably after they had bought all the DLCs they though would help them unlock co-op.

why would anyone consider that from the begining, like you would expect a game function not to work even when you do download every DLC possible.

and by the way, why would I now buy the GOTY edition? why an I paying the damned ps+ subscription for?

I am fine with the fact that a F2P + a PS+ version may not contain everything, but I bought:

"Competitive Multiplayer No Level limit"

"Multiplayer Split Screen"

"Co-Op Adventure Mode For map"

(I can't find any other DLC that woudl unlock co-op, neither in-game nor on the store)

Shouldn't that be enough to be able to enjoy the co-op feature? I spend over 15 pounds just on these, and now I have to buy a disc or the PSN GOTY on top? they could have issued a patch for this or they could have at least change the message you are getting in the game when you try to access co-op or they could at least mention that on the PSN pages of the game and it's DLC's.

Otherwise I am not sure what to do now. I am not ready to pay another 20 pounds for the GOTY or start looking for discs at 10 pounds. it's preposterous.

Does anyone have another answer or sollution for this (aside from buyng the game all over again)?

I already contacted sen support via email but got no answer so far.

PS: on their U3 F2P game page (which was mentioned above) ND say the following:

"Do I need to purchase the game disc to reach Level 16 or higher?
There are multiple purchase options to unlock access to Level 16 and higher. If you want to get a larger taste of the Competitive Multiplayer you can purchase the Level 25 upgrade to allow you to earn 10 more Levels. You can also purchase the ability to remove the Level restrictions completely. Here's a look at all the different cool modes you can unlock:

Split screen add-on, Raise level cap to 25, Co-op arena, Co-op Adventure etc

What content in not included in the UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play experience?
Upon installing the UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play experience you have to access to the Competitive Multiplayer modes. If you would like access to the Cooperative game types you can purchase the Cooperative content via the in game store."

as mentioned I could not find anything aside from what I already bought that would be in tune to what they state.
Message 9 of 11 (174 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

@radu...

You make very valid points and we, as the community, are sick every time a potential "recruit" gets burned.  I think we're painfully aware that our suggestion to buy the GOTY edition is useless to you (and all others that have come here after the fact...which make no mistake, is not knock against you) but it's become the standard reply in the hopes that some people check here first.

There's been much discussion on the forums about F2P and the way it was implemented.

I just hope that ND/Sony has learned something from this...if nothing else, keep it simple. Also, I sincerely hope that with the new online model for PS4 that the next Uncharted (as well as all games with multiplayer) that they do away with online passes.

In hindsight, I believe most ardent fans of the franchise would have been far happier if the full multiplayer had been given away free - it would have better served the stated purpose of F2P.  I think the singleplayer is currently available as a free download for PS+ subscribers - ND would do well to mitigate the harm done by the F2P implementation (as well as generate buzz and interest in the next game in the franchise) by simply making the full game available.

Message 10 of 11 (144 Views)
0 Likes