Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: I can't get Chloe's M9? Treasure drop help?

Apr 20, 2013
By UC2 TDM I mean the version we have which is "not dead" and "better than HC".
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 37 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Apr 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
By UC2 TDM I mean the version we have which is "not dead" and "better than HC".

are you talking about classic mode? isn't the general consensus about classic that's it's better than HC?

Message 12 of 37 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 20, 2013
It's not. Oh look, apparently it's better than HC because I have boosters! It's not like boosters are also based on level and time inside the game! It's totally better than HC whose only level gaps are experience and guns!
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 37 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Let's not forget the best part! People don't want HC along with Classic because they just hate Classic like that! I read through Tap's 10-player all-Comp playlist, and what are the first things I see? "No HC." Why not? Because we generalized and we're pretty sure nobody like HC mode!

Then you guys complain about irrational decisions made by ND. What the hell do you call Classic killing HC instead of being with it? Perfectly rational? GREAT!

Message 14 of 37 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Classic is boring... I honestly feel like it's the most dead mode in the game. I even find games faster in Hunter!

Only beef I had with HC is finding treasures, other than that I liked the mode. People were looking for a TDM mode that "required skill". But from what I see, Hardcore delivered on that more than Classic.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 37 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Lol I didn't care about treasures in HC mode. I play it so much, character weapons unloked are basically just cooler gun skins for me (since HC has no gun mods).

I mean, I did get the fabled HC mode Talbot's FAL in a few days, but that was because Hc is all i play.
Message 16 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
569 posts

Apr 20, 2013

HC was removed in 1.15.... not 1.13

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 17 of 37 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I think I joined Uncharted in 1.13 or 1.14 and Hardcore was still there so they must have taken it out in 1.15 as (^) said. Back then, I sucked at competitive and only played co-op whereas now I can't even picture myself playing co-op for more than an hour. I regret not trying hardcore mode before they took it out but Classic just irritates me.

If I can remember from what I read in the description, there's no boosters or kickbacks and you had your own guns and less health. That was kind of like the Crushing TDM Lab a few months back but that had boosters and kickbacks. Also, after realising that I prefer the M9 over the AK (so no need to get Eddy's AK) and the FAL needed accuracy to shoot faster (no need to get Talbot's) I kind of just gave up on Classic. All the character FAL's are completely useless whereas the character GMAL's are not all that bad. I honestly didn't see any changes that accuracy does to the GMAL but I saw plenty when it was on the FAL.

Bang Bang!

Message 18 of 37 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013
HC had more health.
Message 19 of 37 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I'd honestly prefer that mode over Classic. If I was any good back then and I knew that competitive was good I would've played HC nonstop... I was so bad that I was trying to use a Dragon Sniper on City of Brass. *Hangs head in shame

Bang Bang!

Message 20 of 37 (180 Views)
0 Likes