Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: I can't get Chloe's M9? Treasure drop help?

Apr 22, 2013
There's nothing wrong with a sniper on City of Brass.

You just have to be good with a sniper in general first. Smiley Wink
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 37 (1,850 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 22, 2013

You have to be able to quickscope Smiley Tongue

You know the sides of the maps where you can climb up to the little areas where the Mag and Sas is? There's that wall which you can climb up next to the stairs leading up to the power weapon foyer? I used to stay at the top of that wall and just snipe people jumping from the structure connected both of the towers in the middle. That thing which you can walk on... bleurgh. I have to get better with the sniper before I even consider letting myself use it on some other maps.

Bang Bang!

Message 22 of 37 (1,848 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013
The only thing I got going for me is that I double-tap with a sniper. Smiley Happy

Otherwise I'm just some other guy. Smiley Sad
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 37 (1,839 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Does double-tapping help with the recoil? Like, is it easier to handle?

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 24 of 37 (1,525 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Does double-tapping help with the recoil? Like, is it easier to handle?

If you aim for the legs first. The double tap would PROBABLY hit their legs + definite body hit.

I mean, double-tap as fast as you fire your Para.

Message 25 of 37 (1,203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Hello,

As a follow up to my earlier post, the “take a break” method for getting rare treasure drops did not work for me.  I did not play Arena for 4 or 5 days.  In fairness, I need only one more drop in coop so maybe it’s too much to expect for a single treasure or the break I took wasn’t long enough.  I didn’t get a chance to play Hunter Arena at all this past weekend so that may be my last resort.

Failing that, I guess I’ll once again resign myself to never getting that last treasure.  The last time I truly gave up…is when I picked up my last new coop treasures (I think it was 3 or 4 that time).  Maybe there’s some kind of advanced algorithm in ND’s code that detects when you’ve truly lost hope and only then does it dangle a carrot in front of you to keep you playing! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 37 (939 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Hello,

As a follow up to my earlier post, the “take a break” method for getting rare treasure drops did not work for me.  I did not play Arena for 4 or 5 days.  In fairness, I need only one more drop in coop so maybe it’s too much to expect for a single treasure or the break I took wasn’t long enough.  I didn’t get a chance to play Hunter Arena at all this past weekend so that may be my last resort.

Failing that, I guess I’ll once again resign myself to never getting that last treasure.  The last time I truly gave up…is when I picked up my last new coop treasures (I think it was 3 or 4 that time).  Maybe there’s some kind of advanced algorithm in ND’s code that detects when you’ve truly lost hope and only then does it dangle a carrot in front of you to keep you playing! Smiley Happy

Don't worry, at least you only need one last co-op treasure.

Me? I have all easy Co-op Adv treasures, yes. Everything else? =Count(TreasureSet)-1/Count(TreasureSet).

Message 27 of 37 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Well, I finally got this *|¥¢# this weekend after only two FFA games, so that only took 18 months.... of course, I got Elena's GMAL on day one...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 28 of 37 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Yeah I hate how this gun is so hard to get that all of the other guns. It seems ND is mocking me
Message 29 of 37 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

I remember killing the final guy on highrise across the map and getting a treasure to drop. I hauled over to his dead body frantically while in the black screen spamming triangle and got the final treasure. Smiley LOLOn topic tho just keep using treasure hunter you'll get it. If only you could use tickets in ffa to increase the drop rate..

Photobucket
Message 30 of 37 (166 Views)
0 Likes