May 04 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 2840 posts

I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

23 replies 216 views Edited May 4, 2013

Hey Naughty Dog,

I usually play in a party, so I hardly experience joining a match, but when I play alone, I more often join a match then that I just start a match from the beginning, today I joined a match 5 times in a row, and I lost all matches, because the team I joined had way less kills than the winning team, last matched when I joined the winning team had 17 of the 20 kills (three team deathmatch) and my team had 0 kills, no matter how good you are, you never win, and then afterwards I stay so that I can play next match from the beginning, but then all the players go away instantly, which happens most of the time somehow...

things that are wrong:

- you have in each mode a cap to which players can join, it's 40 in deathmatch, 4 captures in plunder, 2 rounds won in elimination and so on, but the problem is, is that once I am finally joined, the winning team had already 45 kills, or almost captured that last treasure, or the 2nd round is already a losing battle in elimination and I can't join in yet and so on, so I think the cap to which someone can join must be a lot lower...

- the game only looks at how many kills the winning team has left, not how many the losing team has, sure that in team deathmatch if the winning team has 30 kills I can join, but if the losing team has only 5 kills, I can't make my team win...

- there is no penalty for quitting, so people quit way more than they did in Uncharted 2, this results in more people needed to join, so I get to join more often than finding a match that I can participate in from the beginning, the cash penalty must come back, the 90 second wait penalty must come back and you should get a few deaths (1 death each match if you have are under level 15, 3 deaths each match if you are between level 15 and 50, 3 deaths each match between level 50 and 74 and 7 deaths each match at level 75+) by every quit (to prevent ragequitters from quitting matches for their holy kill death ratio...)

- the issue that all players are instantly gone after the match must be fixed...

and if previous things do not happen, please do the following:

- make a toggle for the options, just like there is a toggle for Uncharted TV on or off, I just never want to join matches, it's unfair, it's broken and it's annoying...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (216 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9831 posts

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 4, 2013
Wait, so... You mean late-join, right? I mean, you can't hate joining a match in general. The whole multiplayer aspect is focused on joining matches because that's how a multiplayer game works.

But I agree. Seriously, the score is 30-47. That's NOT late-joinable, come on.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 4, 2013
you mean that after 2 whole years, you still dont know the trick to NEVER join a match?

comon man.. :smileysad:

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (196 Views)
Wastelander
581 posts

May 4, 2013

There are 4 different tricks how to NEVER join any matches.

It's your fault if you don't know them.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 4, 2013
yes, there are more than one lol
and there is a trick too, to leave a match without loosing (before the vote starts of course)

but your ideas of a come back of tine penalities and add death penalities are really great

dunno why ND didn't think about it

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
581 posts

May 4, 2013

bunshing wrote:

and there is a trick too, to leave a match without loosing (before the vote starts of course)

It's not working allways - then you get a loss if you do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2840 posts

May 4, 2013

I only know the tournament ticket trick, but that won't work in plunder, and I don't call signing out before I joined the match starts a trick, it's a waste of time...

besides, I shouldn't be the one who should use tricks, it should just work normally, and you guys blame me if I don't know how to avoid joining a game? that this game does not work properly is certainly not my fault... it's like saying for instance a road is under construction, and I complain about it that I have to drive around, and then you guys come in saying: duh loser, just drive through the construction site and stop complaining... no that makes no sense...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5392 posts

May 4, 2013

I just use the simple trick, where if you're on your customization panel, if it automatically switches to the other panel with paid boosters on it, you're about to join a match in progress. Then you quickly back out and try again.

I haven't joined a late game in basically a year thanks to this.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 4, 2013

9/10 matches I play are late joins. You can sign out of PSN after seeing the teams without getting a loss by the way but I don't even bother since I'm only playing on alternate accounts nowadays (this one included). The most annoying thing about late joins is that the match won't get recorded in the cinema so if you do something awesome or funny you won't be able to see it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2840 posts

May 4, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I just use the simple trick, where if you're on your customization panel, if it automatically switches to the other panel with paid boosters on it, you're about to join a match in progress. Then you quickly back out and try again.

I haven't joined a late game in basically a year thanks to this.

that's helpful indeed, will keep that in mind, thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (164 Views)
0 Likes