Sackboy
512 posts

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 4, 2013
The one I use is when it is finding a game I press square to bring up my Profile and if it backs out automatically, that means you are about to join a game in progress and you can back out and go back in, that's what I do.
Message 11 of 40 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

May 4, 2013

You didn't finish thinking in this thread.

TO and Plunder - if people don't join (they won't anyway if there's a toggle. who likes to join a game you're about to lose?) you can just give up.

And the only people who would join would be uber-noobs not knowing about the toggle.

So NO THANK YOU.

Message 12 of 40 (539 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

May 4, 2013

Not to mention any toggle affecting matchmaking will most likely hurt it no matter hod good an idea it is. With 10 modes as well as a DLC toggle ultimately splitting the playerbase in 2 across 10 different modes, anything more will make certain modes more dead.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 40 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

May 4, 2013

There is nothing wrong with the way late-joins work in Uncharted 2. (but the penalty system is different there, leveling too, the whole attitude of the community there is different.)

Yeah, that's right, there is no late join.

And nobody want's to late join in an already lost match, that's why I see 20 latejoiners every match in the enemy team...

Not even having said that there is a difference in being able to prevent a late join and in having the game do it for you.

Late-joins are a drag, I know enough ways to avoid them, but it takes away from the simplicity matchmaking should have..

And once The last of Us is out, which most likely will be an Uncharted 3 killer (not my words), the matchmaking of Uncharted 3 will kill itself because of the lack of a late join toggle... noobs will keep quitting and rejoining already lost matches, pushing them away from the game..

For every 1 player who knows how to avoid late-joins, there are a 100 who don't..

For the playability of Uncharted 3, we will eventually rely on noobs who don't care about losses.

Message 14 of 40 (515 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

May 4, 2013
There's a trick to avoid joining matches, do you live under a rock? Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 40 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 16 of 40 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way late-joins work in Uncharted 2. (but the penalty system is different there, leveling too, the whole attitude of the community there is different.)

And nobody want's to late join in an already lost match, that's why I see 20 latejoiners every match in the enemy team...

Not even having said that there is a difference in being able to prevent a late join and in having the game do it for you.

Late-joins are a drag, I know enough ways to avoid them, but it takes away from the simplicity matchmaking should have..

And once The last of Us is out, which most likely will be an Uncharted 3 killer (not my words), the matchmaking of Uncharted 3 will kill itself because of the lack of a late join toggle... noobs will keep quitting and rejoining already lost matches, pushing them away from the game..

For every 1 player who knows how to avoid late-joins, there are a 100 who don't..

For the playability of Uncharted 3, we will eventually rely on noobs who don't care about losses.

LOL I don't know why you assume that every UC3 fan will rush out to get TLOU, which won't be the case.

ND is set to start rolling out more UC3 updates even after TLOU is out because they know they need to keep the UC3 community going leading up to PS4.

Both games will offer different gameplay, I know I will still play UC3 even after getting TLOU, lastly you have no idea how TLOU MP will pan out. 

And having a late join Toggle is what would kill this game with an already small player pool.

Message 17 of 40 (504 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 4, 2013
I didn't read thru the whole thread, but, 90% of the time it's going to suck joining any competitive game after its already started. Not many people quit a game when their team is ahead. They usually quit when they end up on a bad team with no hope for a win.
Message 18 of 40 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

You could activate tournament tickets to not late join.

helps like 90% of the time. only reason to use them.

I hate late joining, even if i join a winning team it doesn't matter, i didn't take part in achieving a loss or a win. it's nothing but a fake stat. annoys me to hell.

Message 19 of 40 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

LOL I don't know why you assume that every UC3 fan will rush out to get TLOU, which won't be the case.

ND is set to start rolling out more UC3 updates even after TLOU is out because they know they need to keep the UC3 community going leading up to PS4.

Both games will offer different gameplay, I know I will still play UC3 even after getting TLOU, lastly you have no idea how TLOU MP will pan out. 

And having a late join Toggle is what would kill this game with an already small player pool.

Oh, don't worry about me thinking that everyone will jump the TLOU ship, as I won't do it at launch, I even waited till the statquiting was fixed to buy Uncharted 3, too bad the unfair losses came with it..

And then you have the people who do accepts limbs blowing off, but when it comes to a simple swear, they won't buy it...

(I blame religion)..

And then you also have the 3rd world countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Cuba, (even KSA is one as it is anti-homosexuality and they chop off hands of people who steal) ...

^^ Those people have this 2 year saving plan, so that they can buy every new Naughty Dog game at release, but they didn't count on TLOU being released 1 and a half year after Uncharted 3, so it will take them roughly 6 months before they are able to purchase it..

And then there are the 15 year olds who aren't allowed to play an 18+  game, I wonder what will happen with the german and australian versions of TLOU, what's gonna happen with limbs in those versions? Will they turn them into money flying around like CoD? xD

EDIT: I forgot about the people who are waiting for some sort of ps4 announcement as that version would be superior and that's what they would want to play... I know I will be waiting for Beyond Two Souls for ps4, as that might be a possibility...

They just don't say it as it would decrease the day-1 sales they love so much... most money made on games comes from day-1 launch, just saying...

Message 20 of 40 (466 Views)
0 Likes