Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13520 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 4, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way late-joins work in Uncharted 2. (but the penalty system is different there, leveling too, the whole attitude of the community there is different.)

 

Yeah, that's right, there is no late join.

 

And nobody want's to late join in an already lost match, that's why I see 20 latejoiners every match in the enemy team...

 

Not even having said that there is a difference in being able to prevent a late join and in having the game do it for you.

 

Late-joins are a drag, I know enough ways to avoid them, but it takes away from the simplicity matchmaking should have..

 

And once The last of Us is out, which most likely will be an Uncharted 3 killer (not my words), the matchmaking of Uncharted 3 will kill itself because of the lack of a late join toggle... noobs will keep quitting and rejoining already lost matches, pushing them away from the game..

 

For every 1 player who knows how to avoid late-joins, there are a 100 who don't..

 

For the playability of Uncharted 3, we will eventually rely on noobs who don't care about losses.

 

 


LOL I don't know why you assume that every UC3 fan will rush out to get TLOU, which won't be the case.

ND is set to start rolling out more UC3 updates even after TLOU is out because they know they need to keep the UC3 community going leading up to PS4.

 

Both games will offer different gameplay, I know I will still play UC3 even after getting TLOU, lastly you have no idea how TLOU MP will pan out. 

 

And having a late join Toggle is what would kill this game with an already small player pool.


Oh, don't worry about me thinking that everyone will jump the TLOU ship, as I won't do it at launch, I even waited till the statquiting was fixed to buy Uncharted 3, too bad the unfair losses came with it..

 

And then you have the people who do accepts limbs blowing off, but when it comes to a simple swear, they won't buy it...

(I blame religion)..

 

And then you also have the 3rd world countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Cuba, (even KSA is one as it is anti-homosexuality and they chop off hands of people who steal) ...

 

^^ Those people have this 2 year saving plan, so that they can buy every new Naughty Dog game at release, but they didn't count on TLOU being released 1 and a half year after Uncharted 3, so it will take them roughly 6 months before they are able to purchase it..

 

 

And then there are the 15 year olds who aren't allowed to play an 18+  game, I wonder what will happen with the german and australian versions of TLOU, what's gonna happen with limbs in those versions? Will they turn them into money flying around like CoD? xD

 

EDIT: I forgot about the people who are waiting for some sort of ps4 announcement as that version would be superior and that's what they would want to play... I know I will be waiting for Beyond Two Souls for ps4, as that might be a possibility...

 

They just don't say it as it would decrease the day-1 sales they love so much... most money made on games comes from day-1 launch, just saying...


Beyond wont happen for PS4. Quantic Dream downscaled the PS4 version so it would become the PS3 version.

 

After that they have registered a new IP and will be looking into multiplayer (apparently) The new IP stuff is 100% true though.



Message 21 of 40 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2856 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way late-joins work in Uncharted 2. (but the penalty system is different there, leveling too, the whole attitude of the community there is different.)

 

Yeah, that's right, there is no late join.

 

And nobody want's to late join in an already lost match, that's why I see 20 latejoiners every match in the enemy team...

 

Not even having said that there is a difference in being able to prevent a late join and in having the game do it for you.

 

Late-joins are a drag, I know enough ways to avoid them, but it takes away from the simplicity matchmaking should have..

 

And once The last of Us is out, which most likely will be an Uncharted 3 killer (not my words), the matchmaking of Uncharted 3 will kill itself because of the lack of a late join toggle... noobs will keep quitting and rejoining already lost matches, pushing them away from the game..

 

For every 1 player who knows how to avoid late-joins, there are a 100 who don't..

 

For the playability of Uncharted 3, we will eventually rely on noobs who don't care about losses.

 

 


LOL I don't know why you assume that every UC3 fan will rush out to get TLOU, which won't be the case.

ND is set to start rolling out more UC3 updates even after TLOU is out because they know they need to keep the UC3 community going leading up to PS4.

 

Both games will offer different gameplay, I know I will still play UC3 even after getting TLOU, lastly you have no idea how TLOU MP will pan out. 

 

And having a late join Toggle is what would kill this game with an already small player pool.


Oh, don't worry about me thinking that everyone will jump the TLOU ship, as I won't do it at launch, I even waited till the statquiting was fixed to buy Uncharted 3, too bad the unfair losses came with it..

 

And then you have the people who do accepts limbs blowing off, but when it comes to a simple swear, they won't buy it...

(I blame religion)..

 

And then you also have the 3rd world countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Cuba, (even KSA is one as it is anti-homosexuality and they chop off hands of people who steal) ...

 

^^ Those people have this 2 year saving plan, so that they can buy every new Naughty Dog game at release, but they didn't count on TLOU being released 1 and a half year after Uncharted 3, so it will take them roughly 6 months before they are able to purchase it..

 

 

And then there are the 15 year olds who aren't allowed to play an 18+  game, I wonder what will happen with the german and australian versions of TLOU, what's gonna happen with limbs in those versions? Will they turn them into money flying around like CoD? xD

 

EDIT: I forgot about the people who are waiting for some sort of ps4 announcement as that version would be superior and that's what they would want to play... I know I will be waiting for Beyond Two Souls for ps4, as that might be a possibility...

 

They just don't say it as it would decrease the day-1 sales they love so much... most money made on games comes from day-1 launch, just saying...


Beyond wont happen for PS4. Quantic Dream downscaled the PS4 version so it would become the PS3 version.

 

After that they have registered a new IP and will be looking into multiplayer (apparently) The new IP stuff is 100% true though.


I had to read back as to how this conversation suddenly was about Beyond Two Souls xD anyway, I'm also looking forward to that game, and I know you are right, I did read somewhere too that Quantic Dream is also working on a PS4 title, haven't heard about that multiplayer rumor though, wonder what that could be...

 

anyway, on the late join subject, I agree with what IzunaShisui said, it was so much better in Uncharted 2, hardly anyone quitted there, while in UC3 I play against 25 different opponents in 1 match...

Message 22 of 40 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13520 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way late-joins work in Uncharted 2. (but the penalty system is different there, leveling too, the whole attitude of the community there is different.)

 

Yeah, that's right, there is no late join.

 

And nobody want's to late join in an already lost match, that's why I see 20 latejoiners every match in the enemy team...

 

Not even having said that there is a difference in being able to prevent a late join and in having the game do it for you.

 

Late-joins are a drag, I know enough ways to avoid them, but it takes away from the simplicity matchmaking should have..

 

And once The last of Us is out, which most likely will be an Uncharted 3 killer (not my words), the matchmaking of Uncharted 3 will kill itself because of the lack of a late join toggle... noobs will keep quitting and rejoining already lost matches, pushing them away from the game..

 

For every 1 player who knows how to avoid late-joins, there are a 100 who don't..

 

For the playability of Uncharted 3, we will eventually rely on noobs who don't care about losses.

 

 


LOL I don't know why you assume that every UC3 fan will rush out to get TLOU, which won't be the case.

ND is set to start rolling out more UC3 updates even after TLOU is out because they know they need to keep the UC3 community going leading up to PS4.

 

Both games will offer different gameplay, I know I will still play UC3 even after getting TLOU, lastly you have no idea how TLOU MP will pan out. 

 

And having a late join Toggle is what would kill this game with an already small player pool.


Oh, don't worry about me thinking that everyone will jump the TLOU ship, as I won't do it at launch, I even waited till the statquiting was fixed to buy Uncharted 3, too bad the unfair losses came with it..

 

And then you have the people who do accepts limbs blowing off, but when it comes to a simple swear, they won't buy it...

(I blame religion)..

 

And then you also have the 3rd world countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chili, Cuba, (even KSA is one as it is anti-homosexuality and they chop off hands of people who steal) ...

 

^^ Those people have this 2 year saving plan, so that they can buy every new Naughty Dog game at release, but they didn't count on TLOU being released 1 and a half year after Uncharted 3, so it will take them roughly 6 months before they are able to purchase it..

 

 

And then there are the 15 year olds who aren't allowed to play an 18+  game, I wonder what will happen with the german and australian versions of TLOU, what's gonna happen with limbs in those versions? Will they turn them into money flying around like CoD? xD

 

EDIT: I forgot about the people who are waiting for some sort of ps4 announcement as that version would be superior and that's what they would want to play... I know I will be waiting for Beyond Two Souls for ps4, as that might be a possibility...

 

They just don't say it as it would decrease the day-1 sales they love so much... most money made on games comes from day-1 launch, just saying...


Beyond wont happen for PS4. Quantic Dream downscaled the PS4 version so it would become the PS3 version.

 

After that they have registered a new IP and will be looking into multiplayer (apparently) The new IP stuff is 100% true though.


I had to read back as to how this conversation suddenly was about Beyond Two Souls xD anyway, I'm also looking forward to that game, and I know you are right, I did read somewhere too that Quantic Dream is also working on a PS4 title, haven't heard about that multiplayer rumor though, wonder what that could be...

 

anyway, on the late join subject, I agree with what IzunaShisui said, it was so much better in Uncharted 2, hardly anyone quitted there, while in UC3 I play against 25 different opponents in 1 match...


Viewable stats are the problem. Actually stats are just a problem, any stats means someone will do whatever it takes to improve or keep them good.

 

Would help if people were like me and just messed around rather than care all that much.

 

and yeah..

 

Beyond is the main game for me this year.



Message 23 of 40 (315 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/26/2011
Offline
395 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

May 5, 2013
^
That's a long quote tree. o.o
Anyway, I'll try these tips to avoid late matches. Hopefully they'll work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 24 of 40 (313 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
371 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 2, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

 

   Beyond wont happen for PS4. Quantic Dream downscaled the PS4 version so it would become the PS3 version.

After that they have registered a new IP and will be looking into multiplayer (apparently) The new IP stuff is 100% true though.


 

Say what now?

Message 25 of 40 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/26/2014
Offline
39 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 2, 2014
Message 26 of 40 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2014
Offline
203 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 2, 2014

:smileyindifferent:

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 27 of 40 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/15/2013
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 6, 2014
i just fight it out & do my best, at the end of the day its just a game lol
Message 28 of 40 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10105 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 6, 2014
Did someone just bump this for a goddamn Beyond post?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 29 of 40 (170 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
371 posts
 

Re: I hate joining matches... fix it or give it a toggle, please! :(

Sep 6, 2014

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Did someone just bump this for a goddamn Beyond post?

Yes.

Message 30 of 40 (157 Views)