Nov 19 2013
By: thico_ First Son 2 posts

I know that the disc and digital versions aren't compatible DLC-wise, but...

9 replies 411 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

There's still something I need to know. I don't want to use the disc anymore as I prefer to have my games on the hard drive if possible, hope you guys will be able to answer my questions regarding the transition. Please note that I could check some of these things myself, but I'm a bit paranoid and I'm kinda afraid that it may result in applying F2P restrictions to my disc-version multiplayer progress. The questions:

I'm at Lv.65 Legacy 1 and if I launch the F2P version...

1. Will my level be reduced to 15 or stay at 65?
2. If it gets reduced, will it be back to normal once I purchase the Level Cap DLC?
3. Or will I have to start levelling up from level 15?
4. Will my Legacy reset once the level gets reduced to 15?
5. Will the Crushing co-op star, which you get for completing co-op adventures on the hardest difficulty be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: I know that the disc and digital versions aren't compatible DLC-wise, but...

Nov 19, 2013

thico_ wrote:

There's still something I need to know. I don't want to use the disc anymore as I prefer to have my games on the hard drive if possible, hope you guys will be able to answer my questions regarding the transition. Please note that I could check some of these things myself, but I'm a bit paranoid and I'm kinda afraid that it may result in applying F2P restrictions to my disc-version multiplayer progress. The questions:

I'm at Lv.65 Legacy 1 and if I launch the F2P version...

you stay at level 65, but you won't be able to level up and i'm pretty sure you won't be able to use anything that was unlocked after level 15

2. If it gets reduced, will it be back to normal once I purchase the Level Cap DLC?

once you purchase the "no level limit", yes you'll be able to level up once again (and be able to use previously locked items (ie. whatever was unlocked after 15)

no

no reduction, legacy stays the same

5. Will the Crushing co-op star, which you get for completing co-op adventures on the hardest difficulty be removed?

no

Thanks in advance!

anyways the digital version isn't worth it from what i hear ... there has been more problems with connecting to the MP menu, disconnecting from games, etc... (more so than disc version) ... you also will get an unskippable AD after each match unless you buy the no level limit DLC ... also co-op adventure and co-op arena have to be bought separately, i would advise in sticking with the disc verison for uncharted 3

Message 2 of 10 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Re: I know that the disc and digital versions aren't compatible DLC-wise, but...

Nov 19, 2013

thico_ wrote:

1) It will stay where it is. You will need to purchase the No-Level Cap, though, if you wish to continue leveling up and earning cash.

2) Not reduced.

3) Not reduced, so...

4) Same as 2 and 3...

5) I'm not sure on this one. I'm almost certain it does not get removed.

Message 3 of 10 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Thank you guys, I appreciate the help! I was worried that I might lose something in the process, but now I'm just going to get the digital MP and unlock stuff. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 10 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Nov 20, 2013

who told you DLC isn't compatible?  they lied.  All DLC can be used no matter what version you're playing........maps, skins, guns, hats, etc.

Message 5 of 10 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Not connected bro, but okay.

Also DLC is region locked. Maybe that.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 10 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Nothing gets taken away just for playing the F2P version, you just can't get anything else (don't know about new treasures) and I think you can't participate in the Tournament either (anyone wanna confirm?).  If you buy a Co-op module but not the no level limit DLC, you won't have a cash score in the lower left-hand side of the screen (though your name will still be there, same as with Custom Hunter matches), and the end-match scoreboard will of course read 0 for your cash earnings + the completion won't count (just as no stats are tallied in competitive matches, save maybe insta-losses for quits, etc.).  I don't know if other people will see it that way, but that's how it'll look for you.

As for the ads, there are four downloads that can remove them, IIRC:

1. No Level Limit
  2. Co-op Adventure
  3. SP Campaign
  4. I *think* it's DLC maps (though that wouldn't make sense now that they're free forever, would it?).  All four are listed in the FAQ on the ND site if I got this one wrong.

P. sure they were determined based on price and, in Adventure's case, popularity (Arena + Shade Survival sells itself).

As for DLC incompatibility, this is specific to DLC that comes with the GOTY disc.  Anything you purchased for the normal version of the game/anything you purchased separately from the GOTY disc will work fine, but whatever the GOTY disc came with will have to be purchased again.

Message 7 of 10 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3310 posts

Nov 20, 2013

IVIaster_ZED wrote:

Nothing gets taken away just for playing the F2P version, you just can't get anything else (don't know about new treasures) and I think you can't participate in the Tournament either (anyone wanna confirm?).  If you buy a Co-op module but not the no level limit DLC, you won't have a cash score in the lower left-hand side of the screen (though your name will still be there, same as with Custom Hunter matches), and the end-match scoreboard will of course read 0 for your cash earnings + the completion won't count (just as no stats are tallied in competitive matches, save maybe insta-losses for quits, etc.).  I don't know if other people will see it that way, but that's how it'll look for you.

1. No Level Limit
  2. Co-op Adventure
  3. SP Campaign
  4. I *think* it's DLC maps (though that wouldn't make sense now that they're free forever, would it?).  All four are listed in the FAQ on the ND site if I got this one wrong.

P. sure they were determined based on price and, in Adventure's case, popularity (Arena + Shade Survival sells itself).

As for DLC incompatibility, this is specific to DLC that comes with the GOTY disc.  Anything you purchased for the normal version of the game/anything you purchased separately from the GOTY disc will work fine, but whatever the GOTY disc came with will have to be purchased again.

wait so if I download the digital version from PS Plus the Ads will go away? Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 10 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Nov 20, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

IVIaster_ZED wrote:

1. No Level Limit
  2. Co-op Adventure
  3. SP Campaign

wait so if I download the digital version from PS Plus the Ads will go away? Smiley Surprised

as long as it comes with one of those 3 components, yes             (#4 doesn't count)

Message 9 of 10 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 20, 2013

The F2P question comes up quite often.  I just scanned the replies so perhaps all your questions have already been addressed but I feel compelled to add my two cents....

The main reason you apparently want to do this is so you don't have to use a disc.  As stated earlier in the thread, I think the electronic version of GOTY is the way to go.  Although not free, if you want much more than competitive multiplayer , it will save a lot of aggravation (and likely a lot of money) in the long run.

Message 10 of 10 (312 Views)
0 Likes