Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2195 posts

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 4, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Why didn't you record his view? Maybe it was an accident.

You can make anything look like an accident. Funny that as Marked Man he would go down that way, almost entirely away from his teamates. When I'm Marked Man I rarely jump to a suicidal death, and most players tend not to either. The only time I jumped down that exact way (albeit not where he ended up) was with Smoke Bomb. I could record it from his view, thing is he still exploited the game, accident or not.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 11 of 56 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.

as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...

WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also get him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you lost the match, didn't watch the video till the end, but you could have climbed up the first time, there were not yet any teammates protecting him but you decided to go hang on the ledge and shoot him with your pistol, but of course you making a wrong decision doesn't justify him glitching and he sure is a loser for doing so...

Off-topic: I know it's a disadvantage but I never use hipfire and whack-'n-roll and I almost win all matches, I do play always in a party however (mostly a party of 3), I am only playing Team Deathmatch, Plunder and Elimination though, you are probably right about it being more nescessary in Team Objective, because I hate Team Objective and hardly play it just because of hipfire being even more present there...

and you know very well that I try my very best to make Naughty Dog do something about hipfire, don't you? :smileytongue:

Message 12 of 56 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.

as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...

WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also get him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you lost the match, didn't watch the video till the end, but you could have climbed up the first time, there were not yet any teammates protecting him but you decided to go hang on the ledge and shoot him with your pistol, but of course you making a wrong decision doesn't justify him glitching and he sure is a loser for doing so...

Off-topic: I know it's a disadvantage but I never use hipfire and whack-'n-roll and I almost win all matches, I do play always in a party however (mostly a party of 3), I am only playing Team Deathmatch and Plunder though, you are probably right about it being more nescessary in Team Objective, because I hate Team Objective and hardly play it just because of hipfire being even more present there...

and you know very well that I try my very best to make Naughty Dog do something about hipfire, don't you? :smileytongue:

Hehe no worries :3 I know I made that mistake, I didn't understand where he was at first (I thought there was a ledge under me, so I was going to surprise him and then I got a long gun to my face.) I did learn quickly and managed to get him. That person was originally in a party of 3 (one of them got left in lobby, as in the spinning ring occured and he couldn't connect.)

Off-topic: I usually focus on Plunder and Team Objective. I rarely play in a party, and usually the party consists of two people max (usually me and a splitscreener, rarely will I go with another player.) Hip fire is present everywhere. In Plunder since the focus is on the Idol, you can allow yourself to aim and fire since getting up close to the treasure bearer is suicide (less you have Revenge and are a scrub.) You can try to make them do something about hipfire, but their two man team are more focused on the horrid Tournament system to fix anything wrong with their game. x.x

Raptr Gamercard
Message 13 of 56 (448 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 4, 2013
A few days ago I ran into a glitcher at airstrip. Killed him but still ticked me off.
Message 14 of 56 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Im not too sure but once me and my friend Holmsie were screwing around in customs and while she climbed up there she fell in some spot and couldn't get out. Might have not been his fault.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 15 of 56 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2275 posts

Mar 4, 2013

you can still kill someone there though, it's more of a hiding spot, they can't get out without jumping down further (killing themselves) nor can they kill anyone / see anyone through the walls ... just hang over the ledge and shoot him with your pistol

but since he is marked that changes the story a bit

Message 16 of 56 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I feel like your assuming too much, first of all I doubt these guys have a good W/L ratio from there style of play I'm also assuming here but what was this guys W/L ratio. Also put the video up from his view because it looks accidental.
Message 17 of 56 (392 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5986 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I'm kinda surprised at how much people in this thread are actually giving the glitcher a defense. It's obvious he meant to do it, I mean right when he gets marked he runs right to the spot...I mean a smart marked man probably would climbed up there to hide in the building if he didn't want to glitch.

As well as it being difficult to get to him, because from the looks of the vid, he was being defended by half his team at all times and it also looked like he had a clear view on anyone who was looking over seeing as he killed Asraik twice while peeking over.

Also for the off-topic thing: Blindfire in TO is obviously more prominent as a lot of occurences are close-quarters. You really are limiting yourself if you don't hipfire often while playing TO.

photo Sniper.png
Message 18 of 56 (365 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 4, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm kinda surprised at how much people in this thread are actually giving the glitcher a defense. It's obvious he meant to do it, I mean right when he gets marked he runs right to the spot...I mean a smart marked man probably would climbed up there to hide in the building if he didn't want to glitch.

As well as it being difficult to get to him, because from the looks of the vid, he was being defended by half his team at all times and it also looked like he had a clear view on anyone who was looking over seeing as he killed Asraik twice while peeking over.

Also for the off-topic thing: Blindfire in TO is obviously more prominent as a lot of occurences are close-quarters. You really are limiting yourself if you don't hipfire often while playing TO.

Theres no way to know if he intended to do the glitch or not. If we could see from his point of view that might be different. Also if i fell into that spot by accident, I would also just  look up and kill anyone that came up on me.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 19 of 56 (360 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I accidentally fell down there one or two times in co-op. Maybe he wasn't doing it intentionally. If it happened during marked man, maybe I would kill myself if no one could get me there. ...

Message 20 of 56 (350 Views)
0 Likes