Message 31 of 56 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 5, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
I wouldn't say that's a 'glitch'

Exploiting a technical anomaly in a game. That to me is glitching.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 56 (157 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 5, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Theres no way to know that he did it on purpose. If he ment to fall in there we would be able to see, we need the video from his point of view.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 56 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Theres no way to know that he did it on purpose. If he ment to fall in there we would be able to see, we need the video from his point of view.

There's also no way that he knew he wasn't some place he shouldn't have been. It's 100% obvious when you land there that you should've died and if it really was an accident, he very well could have rectified the situation by honorably suiciding since he should've have died anyways. Continuing to stay there is what makes it glitching. I've fallen there before, and I can tell you there is nothing stopping you from walking right off. In fact I'm pretty sure if you barely move you'll fall right off so he probably already knew not to move at all or he would've died almost immediately.

Falling there on accident isn't glitching, but continuing to stay there when he should've been dead and now is exploiting the anomaly in the game is glitching.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 56 (150 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 5, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

There's also no way that he knew he wasn't some place he shouldn't have been. It's 100% obvious when you land there that you should've died and if it really was an accident, he very well could have rectified the situation by honorably suiciding since he should've have died anyways. Continuing to stay there is what makes it glitching. I've fallen there before, and I can tell you there is nothing stopping you from walking right off. In fact I'm pretty sure if you barely move you'll fall right off so he probably already knew not to move at all or he would've died almost immediately.

Falling there on accident isn't glitching, but continuing to stay there when he should've been dead and now is exploiting the anomaly in the game is glitching.

That's all I needed. If he was like me and landed there by accident, first thing I would do is get out because I'd think that being stationary is the stupidest thing you could ever do as marked man.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 56 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

I'm surprised to see people defending him, I agree with Skin. When you give defence to people who exploit a technical anomaly you are allowing people like this:

SupremeUTUBE wrote:
I play with my friend, and if we become marked, we always do a glitch, cause we known at least 1 glitch on every map. So easy, easy win, haha. You should hear the raging, oh, so classic. When the airwalk wasnt patched we would just airwalk off the map so they couldnt kill us, oh.. i miss airwalk.

To be able to get away with it. Landing there by accident or not, he exploited it and that in itself is glitching. If I fall off the map into an area the I can see all players and they can't hit me is it my fault. Some of you would say no, but if I then go on to kill the other team through this method, whether I intentionally got there or not is irrevelant as I am exploiting the technical anomaly. When you say it 'isn't' fair to prosecute him based on the kills he got while exploiting a glitch whether he intentionally got there or not you are supporting players who always do glitches like above. If you do it once, and you take full advantage of it what is to stop you from doing it again. Comments such as "I feel like your assuming too much, first of all I doubt these guys have a good W/L ratio from there style of play I'm also assuming here but what was this guys W/L ratio. Also put the video up from his view because it looks accidental.", "Theres no way to know if he intended to do the glitch or not. If we could see from his point of view that might be different. Also if i fell into that spot by accident, I would also just  look up and kill anyone that came up on me.", "I accidentally fell down there one or two times in co-op. Maybe he wasn't doing it intentionally. If it happened during marked man, maybe I would kill myself if no one could get me there. ..." The point being, whether intentional or accidental, he exploited it by getting kills when he was down there and avoided playing the Objective (Marked Man.) Saying it isn't his fault when he clearly killed me (thus exploiting the glitch) is like defending someone who falls outside of the map by accident and kills people. Same scenario, exploiting a techincal anomaly whether or not you got there by accident is irrevelent.

neverbelow wrote:
First off, blame ND. Second, it's not hard to kill someone in that glitch. Don't know why you struggled to do it.

That is the first time I have ever seen that glitch happen. If you didn't notice, other people including myself went down below to the caves section to kill him off only to be surprised. So when I jumped over the ledge, I wasn't expecting him to be glitching that is how I got killed.

Aureilia wrote:

I did this once.. But it wasn't for my KDR or WLR

We were a five person party, we had the game in hand. I just didn't want to kill the newbies anymore, So I dropped myself down there and went to get a coffee :smileyhappy:

You can kill the people there too though. But sure, impossible if they are being protected unless you throw a nade over.

By the time I realized where he was, he was under protection. I wasn't going to start thinking of ways to get him out when my own Marked players were dying. I was playing  an objective, my role was to either defend the Marked Man (lose the match anyways) or try to get him out of there as fast as possible. I wasn't the only one on my team to not throw a grenade, people probably had no idea where he was or he was glitching at the time. Whether he got there intentionally or not, blaming Naughty Dog won't do anything because he exploited the technical anomaly.

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm kinda surprised at how much people in this thread are actually giving the glitcher a defense. It's obvious he meant to do it, I mean right when he gets marked he runs right to the spot...I mean a smart marked man probably would climbed up there to hide in the building if he didn't want to glitch.

As well as it being difficult to get to him, because from the looks of the vid, he was being defended by half his team at all times and it also looked like he had a clear view on anyone who was looking over seeing as he killed Asraik twice while peeking over.

Also for the off-topic thing: Blindfire in TO is obviously more prominent as a lot of occurences are close-quarters. You really are limiting yourself if you don't hipfire often while playing TO.

kudoed it for the on-topic part, I disagree of course with the off-topic part, sure your are in a disadvantage if you do not hipfire, but I prefer losing fairly, than winning while abusing the game's overpowered mechanics, but that's just my twisted logic I suppose... :smileyhappy:

yea I wouldn't wanna win using an overpowered mechanic either. Only difference is I don't see it as overpowered, very useful to blindfire simultaneous while carrying the idol in treasure hunter, instead of staying still to aim your gun and most likely die. Very useful to simultaneously run into a hill while shooting a guy instead of either running in and dying or staying outside aiming and wasting time.

Blindfire isn't overpowered since the mechanics of the game were designed like that. It's a broken mechanic, and I do aim. I am not running around solely with a weapon and just blindfiring. In games like Plunder and Team Objective (even other modes) blindfiring can be of use. If they are 2 feet away from me, I could aim however the most likely scenario is they are going to whack-n'-roll me or blindfire me to death before I can lock my aim on them (not always but most of the time.) Offering a 'overpowered' mechanic that was implemented by the developers isn't a players fault. Where a technical anomaly (or glitching) wasn't intended by the developers as a design of the game, blindfire mechanics were. Whether you believe they are overpowered or not, they are there. If I can utilize blindfire to my advantage (or whack-n'-roll) when the enemy is right in my face in CQC then I will do so. People will blindfire, when they fix that then people will switch. This would be like using the Raffica when every other sidearm outpowers it (albeit minus the quick sniping where you fire a Sniper shot and switch to the Raffica to quickly get a kill.) Why am I going to let other players cost my team a game or let them capture objective/get kills when using an 'unfair mechanic?' It isn't unfair, everyone has access to it, unfair would be giving some players infinite tickets (which has happened, though it is not the players fault) so they can access  Tournament rewards easier.

TL;DR

Read what Skin said. Exploiting a technical anomaly whether getting there or not intentionally is irrevelant.

First time I saw the glitch, and I made mistakes. Not my fault considering most people on my team didn't realize what was happening either.

Blindfire isn't an unfair or dirty tactic. Everyone has access to it, and this game promotes it (yay for casual players /sarcasm.) I don't always blindfire, where as other people run around with ROF KAL-7, solely doing it. At least I employ other gameplay tactics or styles outside of blindfiring. Unfair = Getting infinite tournament tickets (by accident) albeit still unfair.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 56 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Look send the clip to UC3PlayerReport, Also is there a way that we can see this from his point of view? We cant tell if he did it himself or fell there by accident .

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 56 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Look send the clip to UC3PlayerReport, Also is there a way that we can see this from his point of view? We cant tell if he did it himself or fell there by accident .

I could upload the cinema but whether or not he fell there by accident or did it himself he still exploited it. Ill upload it anyhow. GIve me 20 minutes or so. 

Edit: Nevermind, files gone x.x Ive played more than 20 matches.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 56 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 5, 2013
No worries. I'm sure he got his karma.

Like I realized earlier, if you were to fall there by accident, the VERY first thing you'd do is move/think of a way out. There is no way that the first thought of soneone who went there by accident is "I should keep still" and not "NOT COOL. Let's see, where's the ledges..."
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 56 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I could upload the cinema but whether or not he fell there by accident or did it himself he still exploited it. Ill upload it anyhow. GIve me 20 minutes or so. 

Edit: Nevermind, files gone x.x Ive played more than 20 matches.

Dang that sucks, Although stunt is right. If you fell into a glitch you would move and try to get out. He just sits there and stares up.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 56 (110 Views)
0 Likes