Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/19/2012
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 5, 2013
I think its a question of who to blame, Naughty dog for allowing glitches like this to exist over a year after launch, or these players who exploit mistakes Naughty Dog have made. Whether you like it or not we can't stop players from protecting there K/D and they have every right to and they will use the best techniques to save there **bleep**.

So I personally would blame Naughty Dog for this rather than the players for exploiting someone else s mistake whether it is socially acceptable or not they are not to blame.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 56 (293 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 5, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

 

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.



as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

 

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...


WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also got him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

 

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.


I'm fairly decent, and I try to melee as little as possible. I can't ever bring myself to look at an enemy and think "I'm gonna melee him", it's not my style. Even with the Kal I will refuse to melee. If I can't kill you with my gun, I don't deserve the kill. Not to say I never Melee, because I do, but I use it as a panic/last resort. Oh, and if someone with a SAS suprises me, I just hope that blindfire mechanics will screw them over like it does me (It never screws up for them) and melee like no tomorrow. On a side-note, another reason I don't blindfire/melee is because Blindfire never works for me...I always miss and the best I ever do is get killed along with my target. The Kal is the only thing that works and that hardly works either, especially with people melee everything 5 feet away from them. When I pick up an M9, it seems to have good blindfire though.

 

Most of what I saw in the video, was a bunch of whack and rolling, blindfiring Tryhards. And I can't ever bring myself to play this game like that. The most Tryhard thing I do these days is pick up an M9 when a party of five is kicking my **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 56 (289 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 5, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

 

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.



as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

 

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...


WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also got him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

 

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.


I'm fairly decent, and I try to melee as little as possible. I can't ever bring myself to look at an enemy and think "I'm gonna melee him", it's not my style. Even with the Kal I will refuse to melee. If I can't kill you with my gun, I don't deserve the kill. Not to say I never Melee, because I do, but I use it as a panic/last resort. Oh, and if someone with a SAS suprises me, I just hope that blindfire mechanics will screw them over like it does me (It never screws up for them) and melee like no tomorrow. On a side-note, another reason I don't blindfire/melee is because Blindfire never works for me...I always miss and the best I ever do is get killed along with my target. The Kal is the only thing that works and that hardly works either, especially with people melee everything 5 feet away from them. When I pick up an M9, it seems to have good blindfire though.

 

Most of what I saw in the video, was a bunch of whack and rolling, blindfiring Tryhards. And I can't ever bring myself to play this game like that. The most Tryhard thing I do these days is pick up an M9 when a party of five is kicking my **bleep**.


Welcome to Team Objective.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 56 (286 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2177 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 5, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

 

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.



as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

 

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...


WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also got him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

 

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.


I'm fairly decent, and I try to melee as little as possible. I can't ever bring myself to look at an enemy and think "I'm gonna melee him", it's not my style. Even with the Kal I will refuse to melee. If I can't kill you with my gun, I don't deserve the kill. Not to say I never Melee, because I do, but I use it as a panic/last resort. Oh, and if someone with a SAS suprises me, I just hope that blindfire mechanics will screw them over like it does me (It never screws up for them) and melee like no tomorrow. On a side-note, another reason I don't blindfire/melee is because Blindfire never works for me...I always miss and the best I ever do is get killed along with my target. The Kal is the only thing that works and that hardly works either, especially with people melee everything 5 feet away from them. When I pick up an M9, it seems to have good blindfire though.

 

Most of what I saw in the video, was a bunch of whack and rolling, blindfiring Tryhards. And I can't ever bring myself to play this game like that. The most Tryhard thing I do these days is pick up an M9 when a party of five is kicking my **bleep**.


Welcome to Team Objective.


Don't talk about my favourtie mode that way. :smileysad:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 56 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/14/2012
Offline
330 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 6, 2013

Mmmh, it's easy to kill a player right there, you don't need to throw your nade directly on his feet, just make it bounce off the side wall corner (V shape bounce) and it will blow up as soon as it reaches his head. You can perform this even if the Marked Man is protected.
Going down there is not a wise move to me, I would never do that. There are much better hiding spots in that map.

______________________________________________________________
English is not my first language. Be patient with me :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 56 (245 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 6, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

 

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.



as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

 

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...


WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also got him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

 

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.


I'm fairly decent, and I try to melee as little as possible. I can't ever bring myself to look at an enemy and think "I'm gonna melee him", it's not my style. Even with the Kal I will refuse to melee. If I can't kill you with my gun, I don't deserve the kill. Not to say I never Melee, because I do, but I use it as a panic/last resort. Oh, and if someone with a SAS suprises me, I just hope that blindfire mechanics will screw them over like it does me (It never screws up for them) and melee like no tomorrow. On a side-note, another reason I don't blindfire/melee is because Blindfire never works for me...I always miss and the best I ever do is get killed along with my target. The Kal is the only thing that works and that hardly works either, especially with people melee everything 5 feet away from them. When I pick up an M9, it seems to have good blindfire though.

 

Most of what I saw in the video, was a bunch of whack and rolling, blindfiring Tryhards. And I can't ever bring myself to play this game like that. The most Tryhard thing I do these days is pick up an M9 when a party of five is kicking my **bleep**.


Welcome to Team Objective. Uncharted 3's Multiplayer.


Don't talk about my favourtie mode that way. :smileysad:


Is that better? :3

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 56 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4568 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 6, 2013
It's not a glitch.

Do you want to know a glitch? Whack 'n roll. If you Whack 'n roll you are exploiting a glitch in the game, an error in the programming. By whack 'n rolling you are cutting an animation short, similar to how I've seen people Airwalk to traverse maps easier by skipping the run animation to get unlimited sprint.

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 56 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
12604 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

Mar 6, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
It's not a glitch.

Do you want to know a glitch? Whack 'n roll. If you Whack 'n roll you are exploiting a glitch in the game, an error in the programming. By whack 'n rolling you are cutting an animation short, similar to how I've seen people Airwalk to traverse maps easier by skipping the run animation to get unlimited sprint.

That is actually a good point.

 

I'll remember if someone whack and rolls next time to hide in a wall and snipe them to death repeatedly. :smileylol:

 


Of courrse I'm joking. I don't even care enough to do that.



Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 56 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2177 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR.

Mar 6, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

 

The fact they play in a party is bad enough but glitching? Is your KDR or winning the match that important to you that you have to glitch your way out of the map. Skip to 4:50 if you're too lazy to watch the entire thing.



as far as I know KDR doesn't count in Team Objective, and I don't think they won just because of that, it's hardly a glitch, you could have easily got him out of there but your team tried the wrong methods, I would have just climbed up the yellow square rooftop and shot him from there, anyway, sure it is annoying that this delay in killing the marked man caused you a loss, and if he did that on purpose it sure isn't a nice fellow, but I have seen far worse glitchers...

 

off-topic: please don't hipfire + whack-'n-roll so much, I know the opponents use it as well, but you are better than them, don't go use these cheap tactics, please...


WLR, KDR same thing almost. A bit different, but either way going to any length to save it. They didn't win, we did. Whether or not it is a glitch, the fact is they still used it to their advantage. We (well I did) also got him out of there but his teamates were protecting him very well, by the time I did so all our 5 lives in Marked Man were up. Getting to that yellow square rooftop would have been as much suicide as we had been using the method we had used. Point being, if he did it on purpose or not, a round was loss because of him glitching. That shouldn't have happened, and it just raised the chances for a lost (in which we had to go to Team Deathmatch of round 5.)

 

Off-topic: Anyone who doesn't utilize the hipfire +whack-'n-roll so much is going to lose at this multiplayer. This game pratically rewards you for blindfiring, be happy I'm not using the KAL-7 or M9 ROF. Anyone who doesn't adapt, and realize that this method is probably the one to get the most kills (especially in CQC which Team Objective tends to lead to with capturing hills and OBJECTIVE type based games.) The fact that lag doesn't aid you, and that they can blindfire you from 500 feet away makes aiming a death wish most of the time. You want me to stop blindfiring/whack-n'-roll then get ND to fix the blindfire mechanics of this game, otherwise you're going to have to get everyone to because I'm not putting myself at a HUGE disadvantage for my team [by the way I play Solo, rarely in parties] and myself.


I'm fairly decent, and I try to melee as little as possible. I can't ever bring myself to look at an enemy and think "I'm gonna melee him", it's not my style. Even with the Kal I will refuse to melee. If I can't kill you with my gun, I don't deserve the kill. Not to say I never Melee, because I do, but I use it as a panic/last resort. Oh, and if someone with a SAS suprises me, I just hope that blindfire mechanics will screw them over like it does me (It never screws up for them) and melee like no tomorrow. On a side-note, another reason I don't blindfire/melee is because Blindfire never works for me...I always miss and the best I ever do is get killed along with my target. The Kal is the only thing that works and that hardly works either, especially with people melee everything 5 feet away from them. When I pick up an M9, it seems to have good blindfire though.

 

Most of what I saw in the video, was a bunch of whack and rolling, blindfiring Tryhards. And I can't ever bring myself to play this game like that. The most Tryhard thing I do these days is pick up an M9 when a party of five is kicking my **bleep**.


Welcome to Team Objective. Uncharted 3's Multiplayer.


Don't talk about my favourtie mode that way. :smileysad:


Is that better? :3


Yes it is, I can stop crying now :smileywink:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 56 (203 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: I love when high level players will do anything to protect their KDR/WLR

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
It's not a glitch.

Do you want to know a glitch? Whack 'n roll. If you Whack 'n roll you are exploiting a glitch in the game, an error in the programming. By whack 'n rolling you are cutting an animation short, similar to how I've seen people Airwalk to traverse maps easier by skipping the run animation to get unlimited sprint.

Here is the difference. Whack 'n roll was an error in programming whereas it was the developers fault, if it was even that. For all intended purposes Naughty Dog made the programming like that on purpose, find me somewhere where it states that they didn't intend for the programming to behave like that? For all we know they actually did it on purpose to help out casual players and/or because they thought it was a good idea. Exploiting a technical anomaly (where you go outside the map UNLIKE how the developers intended) is much different than the Whack 'n Roll mechanic. Where as the Whack 'n Roll was either intended by Naughty Dog or the outcome of horrid programming it was made by the developers where exploiting a glitch to go outside the match is different. Shortcomings of the programming part of the game by ND is their own fault and is due to sloppy coding. The unlimited spint due to airwaking can be considered exploiting the game also but not on the same level as the Whack N' Roll (which was programmed by ND without the need of an airwalk or similar glitch to perform it) or a technical exploit of going outside the map (which the user does a certain action, much like airwalking to get unlimited sprint but they differ slightly.) The point is going outside the map is a glitch, if you say it isn't than when someone goes outside the map or through it while able to shoot every player on the map that also isn't a glitch. It still is exploiting a technical anamoly to go outside the intended areas of the map. The Whack N' Roll was due to sloppy programming/intended by Naughty Dog whereas the unlimited spring can be achieved through the use of the airwalk. See the difference?

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 56 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes