Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: I'm angry with the 1.13 GMAL Nerf. I'm serious.

Jul 24, 2012

DevilDestiny wrote:

they're not nerfing it , they're just bringing it back to its Beta recoil

I sure hope so, plus like i said before the only people complaining are the tryhards who slap accuracy on this baby

Please use plain text.
Message 171 of 212 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Would not mind if they removed accuracy from the gun at all, as I prefer gmal without(aaahhh Flyn's gmal) Would like them to address why the reticule behavior is so erratic after the recoil. 

I definitely agree with the recoil increase and the decrease AA, but just cannot agree with my point above.

Please use plain text.
Message 172 of 212 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4807 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

3 things I want to say as I too love the g-mal, even before it became OP and after the nerf.

1: I agree in that the nerf was a slight overkill. They could have tested whether the aim-assist would have been enough to make the weapon balanced before going ahead with the recoil adjustment, it also contradicted the baby steps approach that ND had for balancing weapons.

It's now even worse to use in co-op (still useable but worse) which I thought wasn't taken into consideration when it came to the nerf as the G-MAL was very underpowered in those modes. Also as a G-MAL user I wanted the aim-assist to be nerfed because it was too sticky and at times made it annoying for me to aim my gun at enemies. Even in co-op. If the recoil wasn't affected and the aim-assist was reduced only and across all the scoped-in weapons, we could have seen more variety in weapons instead. However in this state because it's useable I can deal with it but it may need a tiny reduction because of the fact that it still needs to be considered a long ranged weapon as well.

2: I don't think the G-MAL is useless, it's still useable but only on some maps. The recoil probably wasn't needed but it didn't kill off the G-MAL effectively like how the Rate of Fire reduction killed off the FAL. Museum plays out perfectly with the G-MAL. Desert Village, I use an AK.

3: Because of the lack of G-MALs, there are more people using the M9 (especially with the RoF mod) so it's harder to fend off against other people. It's more to do with how the maps were laid out. I'm hoping that because more people are using the M9, especially with the RoF mod, that it will finally get the nerf it deserves.

I've said my piece. For TL : DR, recoil increase is a bit overkill, G-MAL is still useable though and there's an increase in M9s.

Please use plain text.
Message 173 of 212 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4807 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

COOLCORN8 wrote:

Would not mind if they removed accuracy from the gun at all, as I prefer gmal without(aaahhh Flyn's gmal) Would like them to address why the reticule behavior is so erratic after the recoil.

It's a combination of both. It's all over the place because there's little to no aim-assist which means your scope will not stick to a target properly plus the recoil makes it harder for the individual to focus on the target. If either or was included it wouldn't have been less traumatic but with both it makes the gun harder to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 174 of 212 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Aug 13, 2012

ND did it wrong, like always...now the Gmal suffers more in long range instead of close range fights.

That nerf doesnt make sense..period.

I and many others said it maaaany times, a 1HK damage nerf would have been the right move.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 175 of 212 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

I don't even notice the difference. Then again I never used the G-mal. Seems absolutely fine when i use it.

You people complain too much.

Please use plain text.
Message 176 of 212 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 13, 2012
M9 ftw :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 177 of 212 (162 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Marina

Please use plain text.
Message 178 of 212 (158 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

Well I think that G-MAL is how it should be it's more closer to the G-MAL in the Beta. :smileylol:

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Please use plain text.
Message 179 of 212 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Christos-34 wrote:

Well I think that G-MAL is how it should be it's more closer to the G-MAL in the Beta. :smileylol:

No its not. I'm pretty sure the beta G-mal had no stopping power and was more of a long range weapon. Since the nerf I'm better of using the Dragon Sniper when people are 30 feet away from me.

Please use plain text.
Message 180 of 212 (112 Views)
0 Likes