Jul 27 2013
By: walfo1 First Son 24 posts
Accepted Solution

I need some tips for this game, and fast..

[ Edited ]
10 replies 411 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

First thing is, why does everyone use Chloe and Marlowe? I have never got that, plus I need to work on my accuracy and I keep failing half the time, does anyone have tips for aiming? And does anyone have some really good tips for the game? I'm uh... Rank 56 on UC3. If someone could help me I'd be happy. Thanks in advance. Weapons I like most are: AK-47. Drake's AK or different variants of the characters AK. M9 I'm not mad over it, it's a good weapon. If none of you didn't know this, which I think most of you do, if you see a yellow arrow on your Teammate, they're shooting at something. I have Chloe's m9 and Marlowe's M9, Jade M9 (Bought from PS store when I was like, what - Rank 15?) The Fal-SS. I am kind of confused with that weapon, it's good. But I can't use it properly.

Message 1 of 11 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: I need some tips for this game, and fast..

Jul 27, 2013

Blindfire. That's all you need to do.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 11 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 27, 2013

What Long gun do you use?

Also you can try adjusting your aiming sensivity. 

Message 3 of 11 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2222 posts

Jul 27, 2013
From what I've seen, more people use Custom Characters and Drake. But there does seem to be a decent amount of Chloe's and Marlowe's running around, probably because they are pretty awesome characters, but it could just be that some people like to have something to look at. There's not much love for Sully and Cutter though. Smiley Sad

Anyway, as for aiming, if you find it to slow to move your reticle, go to 'Options', 'Camera' then 'Sensitivity', turn that up by at least two, you can turn it to max if you want, but for me that makes long range too hard to control. Then go to 'Buttons' also found under Options, once there Enable Shoulder Swap (which can be used by pressing L3).

Remember that shooting someone in the arms and legs does the same damage as it would if you shot them in the torso. Also, I find always scoping in helps. Using mods like Scope Zoom and Accuracy will also make aiming easier. Other than that, the rest is up to you
Pepsi
Message 4 of 11 (398 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

walfo1 wrote:

First thing is, why does everyone use Chloe and Marlowe? I have never got that, plus I need to work on my accuracy and I keep failing half the time, does anyone have tips for aiming? And does anyone have some really good tips for the game? I'm uh... Rank 56 on UC3. If someone could help me I'd be happy. Thanks in advance.

first:

people use Chloe, Marlow and custom hero/villain due to the way they move.  The male skins are all built on the same skeletal frame, the female skins are all built on the same skeletal frame that is different from the male skins.  The custom hero/villains use the female frame for some reason.   The female frame has smoother movements and reacts quicker than the male frame.   the male frame is kind of clunky.   The difference between the two is so great that it actually takes a bit of getting used to between games going from my hero (Chloe) and villain (Talbot) skins.   That is why Chloe, Marlow, Elena and custom hero/villains are so popular.  They just move better.

as for aiming....  what is your sensitivity set at?   If you're having trouble I would suggest lowering the aiming sensitivity (under camera settings in your options menu) to make it slower.  As you get accustomed to it and you can bump it up in increments as you get used to it.   Make sure the enemy is in the center of your screen before pressing L1 to aim to ensure your aiming reticle is already on the enemy when you aim.  Once your reticle is on them, don't move your right analog stick at all until you get better at aiming.  start of with locking on with your reticle and moving right/left with your left analog stick to strafe or follow your target if your target is aiming.  obviously you'll have to use your right analog stick to track a running target. 

Message 5 of 11 (395 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Please.... so, that means I should blindfire when there is someone that's far away possibly in sniping range (?) I don't think that would work..
Message 6 of 11 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for the tip there, I usually freak out with the right stick while aiming. My sensitivity keeps resetting to below 2 because I had it like that before, but sometimes I use above 2 or 3. Shoulder swap - I have it on but I don't use it much, is shoulder swap really good for some situations? I do swap sometimes. And what is the motion sensor throw for? I think I know, but how exactly do you operate it in terms of throws anyway? I don't have that enabled. Should I use weapons with better zoom? I think zoom makes it a lot more accurate.
Message 7 of 11 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Scope Zoom mod? Or just a scope in general? Honestly I find zooming in detrimental to my aiming capabilities (which is stupid considering that I use a sniper).

The only tip that I know and that is universal (meaning, all players, regardless of character, gun, boosters, kickbacks) is to have a gun mod meant to combat the reload prpblem most people have. There's only two mods that cover this: Clip Size, which prolongs the time you have to reload, and Reload Speed, whoch shortens the actual reload time.

I think it's unneccessary to have both: you only need one to have a workaround to the reload problem, but I'm not stopping you from uaing both as that combo makes it seem like you're shooting contimuously.

My opimion? Always have Reload Speed.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 11 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2222 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Motion Sensor Throw is for grenades. When you arch them by holding L2, you can move the arch by tilting your controller. I like it, but usually forget I have it on then get annoyed by it. Shoulder swap is really useful when you appoach someone from a clockwise a position.

For M9 and AK, try using Chloe's or Eddy's guns, (or use a weapon expert AK with Accuracy and Scope Zoom). For G-MAL and FAL-SS, always use the scope, it increases the hit detection. For Dragon, I just use the zoom if someone is a long distance away, but there may be some underlying tricks that I'm unaware of,
Pepsi
Message 9 of 11 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Jul 29, 2013

walfo1 wrote:
Please.... so, that means I should blindfire when there is someone that's far away possibly in sniping range (?) I don't think that would work..

Sarcasm, friend. Sarcasm.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 10 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes