Reply
Jan 28 2013
By: Orochidude Sackboy 419 posts
Offline

I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

30 replies 427 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

How they came up with some of the requirements I will never know. Why would they have boosters that require you to die to level up? Boosters like Come Here and Revenge that force you to die to get gold are horrible and is one of the reasons I never really bothered with getting all boosters gold.

 

Then you have a booster like Let Me See that does nothing but encourage you to wait for your teammates to die before killing the enemy which is counterproductive. The fact that it can only be leveled up in TDM (Where kills and deaths are most important) is idiotic as well.

 

 

Message 1 of 31 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 28, 2013
Most of them are related in some way. Not all though.

Some of the coop boosters are completely random though.
Message 2 of 31 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/02/2009
Offline
419 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 28, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
Most of them are related in some way. Not all though.

Some of the coop boosters are completely random though.

Yeah, honestly I think they just used random medals for some of the Co-op boosters.

 

Message 3 of 31 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 28, 2013
The medals for comp are related to boosters, while the medals for co-op are based on the difficulty/usefulness ratio (the most useless ones are the easiest to level, etc).


Dude, revenge is a booster for dead people. Of course it requires you to die. That's why newbies level it up easy.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 31 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 31 (353 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6965 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL


that would be too easy, and have people constantly killing themselves in TDM... Chances are they could probably get bronze-gold in 1 match.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 31 (343 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL


that would be too easy, and have people constantly killing themselves in TDM... Chances are they could probably get bronze-gold in 1 match.


Noobs would be able to level it up (as they should), but tryhards who hate Unluckies would steer clear away from it, unless they are completionists.

Sounds fair to me.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 31 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6965 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL


that would be too easy, and have people constantly killing themselves in TDM... Chances are they could probably get bronze-gold in 1 match.


Noobs would be able to level it up (as they should), but tryhards who hate Unluckies would steer clear away from it, unless they are completionists.

Sounds fair to me.


It's not about that, it's about the ease of actually leveling it. All other boosters still need effort to level up, even easy ones like endurance(only 1 medal per match). As of now revenge still takes effort of you having to get a kill after dying.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 8 of 31 (319 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL


that would be too easy, and have people constantly killing themselves in TDM... Chances are they could probably get bronze-gold in 1 match.


Noobs would be able to level it up (as they should), but tryhards who hate Unluckies would steer clear away from it, unless they are completionists.

Sounds fair to me.


It's not about that, it's about the ease of actually leveling it. All other boosters still need effort to level up, even easy ones like endurance(only 1 medal per match). As of now revenge still takes effort of you having to get a kill after dying.


Save for Fleet Foot, right? Getting kills with a long gun, come on now.

 

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 31 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6965 posts
 

Re: I never understood the requirements for leveling up certain boosters

Jan 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Revenge should be levelled up with Unluckies. LOL


that would be too easy, and have people constantly killing themselves in TDM... Chances are they could probably get bronze-gold in 1 match.


Noobs would be able to level it up (as they should), but tryhards who hate Unluckies would steer clear away from it, unless they are completionists.

Sounds fair to me.


It's not about that, it's about the ease of actually leveling it. All other boosters still need effort to level up, even easy ones like endurance(only 1 medal per match). As of now revenge still takes effort of you having to get a kill after dying.


Save for Fleet Foot, right? Getting kills with a long gun, come on now.

 


You still have to actually put effort in it. I can get unluckies by continuously nading myself everytime I spawn.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 10 of 31 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes