Fender Bender
2402 posts

Re: I think Overstock should be added...

Jan 23, 2013
Only for the first kickback of the match, the others have its cost cut by 0-3 making bargain kinda useless.
Message 11 of 27 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
Only for the first kickback of the match, the others have its cost cut by 0-3 making bargain kinda useless.

so say i save up for a smokebomb, and then overstock kicks in and i pick up a 3 medal, then use smokebomb ill already have 3 making me need 4 more for another smokebomb? but it only works that once? i can live with that..

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 12 of 27 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Bronze: 1 in stock
Silver: glow yellow
Gold: 2 in stock

Same stats as bargain, kinda. The difference being Bargain helps you get it faster (like someone said) and Overstock would help you still get medals even if you got full kickback (since if you're saving a smoke bomb and get 15 medals, that's 15 medals that are completely worthless).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 27 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 23, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Same stats as bargain, kinda. The difference being Bargain helps you get it faster (like someone said) and Overstock would help you still get medals even if you got full kickback (since if you're saving a smoke bomb and get 15 medals, that's 15 medals that are completely worthless).

Good in theory but that would make bargin better because bargin would always be guaranteed 2 medals cheaper making smoke 5 medals vs 7. with overstock gold that would mean at most it would do = to bargin but that is only if you get smokebomb filled up then get two more medals, which is not a guarentee.. to give overstock  a little something different the gold should be 3, but if you want a kickback quicker which is what bargin is you only can get it 2 cheaper. but if you are willing to use overstock and wait you can get 3. shh im not to good explaining stuff..

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 14 of 27 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Jan 23, 2013

This was removed from the beta for a reason, it would be OP if it was useful, and if it isn't useful, why put it in the game...

But ofcourse this isn't about endless stacking of medals, but about overstock. But the same goes for that.

Message 15 of 27 (224 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2547 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Good in theory but that would make bargin better because bargin would always be guaranteed 2 medals cheaper making smoke 5 medals vs 7. with overstock gold that would mean at most it would do = to bargin but that is only if you get smokebomb filled up then get two more medals, which is not a guarentee.. to give overstock  a little something different the gold should be 3, but if you want a kickback quicker which is what bargin is you only can get it 2 cheaper. but if you are willing to use overstock and wait you can get 3. shh im not to good explaining stuff..

I think it's a good idea. I hate earning extra medal when I already have my kb.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 16 of 27 (217 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7097 posts

Jan 24, 2013

a detiorating booster? that sounds like it would only be useful on your first kickback, then after that I could just switch to another loadout with bargain or something.

It should be a little better than bargain in the sense that you still have to earn the medals, whereas bargain you just earn 2 less medals.

That's my reason on why it should give more than 3 medals at gold level, but I still think it's a bad idea to have it in competitive. As if you have it to low, then it's just as useful/more useless than bargain and pointless, but if it is to much, then I can see it as being too good and induce constant uses of both low count kickbacks and offensive kickbacks.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 17 of 27 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jan 25, 2013
If you need this kind of booster to help get Smoke Bombs ready, you need to work on you're game. Kickbacks are rewards not inherent. A lot of times I end the match with 25+ medals and only 1 SB use. I kind of understand the booster for the offensive kickbacks. But I don't want to see it.

On a side note: If you use SB a split second before you pick up a treasure from a chest, you will teleport and get the 3 medals. Kinda cool. Rarely useful. I've only found it appropriate on Facility at the chests near the T-Bolt, because of the heavy combat in those spots.
Message 18 of 27 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Sounds.... BAD, for good snipers this can be the most usefull booster, overstock+t bolt = unlimited kickback.

Message 19 of 27 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Isn't Bargain+T-Bolt essentially the same thing if you're a good sniper?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 20 of 27 (161 Views)
0 Likes