Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

No, I said "I bet it's going to play like crap,&quot...

Apr 18, 2011

BlueDAngel wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

BlueDAngel wrote:

More like witholding judgement since most of us haven't played it yet.

I am still going to be playing the beta and hope that this will be the game I was waiting for. I wasn't aware that voicing my first impressions on the new features was passing judgment on the final product.

Your first post in the thread said: 

"It's kind of hard for ND to deny that they're on the Call of Duty bandwagon now.

It sound cool on paper, but I bet it's going to play like crap."

Its a rather large assumption. That isn't an impression that was judgement. If you meant for it to be an assumption then maybe you should've worded it like so:

"This looks like Call of Duty. It sounds cool but I'm not sure how it will play."

See the difference?

No, I said "I bet it's going to play like crap," not "It's definitely going to play like crap."

This means that I don't expect it to be as good as UC2, but I still haven't completely lost faith.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

The bet implies that more than 50% of your decision is ba...

Apr 18, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

BlueDAngel wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

BlueDAngel wrote:

More like witholding judgement since most of us haven't played it yet.

I am still going to be playing the beta and hope that this will be the game I was waiting for. I wasn't aware that voicing my first impressions on the new features was passing judgment on the final product.

Your first post in the thread said: 

"It's kind of hard for ND to deny that they're on the Call of Duty bandwagon now.

It sound cool on paper, but I bet it's going to play like crap."

Its a rather large assumption. That isn't an impression that was judgement. If you meant for it to be an assumption then maybe you should've worded it like so:

"This looks like Call of Duty. It sounds cool but I'm not sure how it will play."

See the difference?

No, I said "I bet it's going to play like crap," not "It's definitely going to play like crap."

This means that I don't expect it to be as good as UC2, but I still haven't completely lost faith.

The bet implies that more than 50% of your decision is based on this. But I guess I can't stop you from being a negative Nancy.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. " - Robert Frost
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Sorry that I'm not ready to shell out 60 bucks over a 2-m...

Apr 18, 2011

BlueDAngel wrote:

The bet implies that more than 50% of your decision is based on this. But I guess I can't stop you from being a negative Nancy.

Sorry that I'm not ready to shell out 60 bucks over a 2-minute trailer like everyone else on these boards.

The game is going in the wrong direction from UC2, IMO. I seriously cringed when I read about some of the things they want to put into the game. I don't see how the game can be considered more cinematic when people are spawning RPGs in their hands or teleporting in a plume of smoke.

I'm all for some of the new things they added such as sprint or character customization. However, it sounds like the game isn't even going to have weapon spawns anymore.

It's a lot of changes to process, let's say. I understand they want the game to be different from its predecessor so it's not just UC2.1, but I think they went waaaaay overboard.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Whilst you guys argue at least we now know who asked naug...

Apr 18, 2011

Whilst you guys argue at least we now know who asked naughty dog to implement sprint. Curse you Greg Miller of IGN!!!! I'm joking now that I have seen sprinting in action it seems to work fine :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

A lot of these I have been secretly hoping for, to keep t...

Apr 18, 2011

A lot of these I have been secretly hoping for, to keep the multiplayer fresh for me, They all sound like awesome ideas to me. I think a lot of people should give  free 2play 27 a lot of credit, because his idea for a progression tree on the boosters is in the game almost exactly as he posted it a long time ago. Kudos to you my friend. You called it, and it is a superb idea!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
754 posts

:/   I'm exited because I'm seeing new Uncharted multipla...

Apr 18, 2011

:/

I'm exited because I'm seeing new Uncharted multiplayer, however I'm somewhat dissapointed about exactly what I'm seeing.

Character customization-

I'm not too fond of character customization in games. The characters people create usually look like crap or like they shouldn't be in that particular universe at all. I wouldn't want to look at the characters I'm playing against and be unsure of what game I'm playing...

But I think it should be fine so long as there is still a large selection of official base characters to use.

Gun Customization, Loadouts -

In Uncharted 2 I would know exactly what weapon my oppenent has just by looking at their movement. Doesn't look like this'll be the same with Uncharted 3. I think I'm gonna miss the rush to defend the power weapons.

I hope this doesn't encourage more camping as people will now have capable weapons from the start. They could just spawn, and find a spot to camp right away. Instead of actively seeking out better weapons by moving around the map.

Boosters -

I think it's great that Situation Awareness appears to be gone. Unfortunately there looks like there's going to be a lot more potentially frustrating boosters/kickbacks.

I've heard there'll be a booster that makes your health regenerate faster. I'll definitely be sticking this one on if there aren't better alternatives. But my issue is the same as the gun customization - In Uncharted 2 I would know that everyone regenerates health at the same speed, so I can plan my assault accordingly. I could be killing a guy, he could be hiding, I could then move in closer and start shooting a guy who is now back at full health.

Kick backs -

Part of what I enjoyed about Uncharted 2 was that it was clear what weapon an enemy was character just by their movements. It's now gonna be frustrating to see someone spawn an RPG in his hands when I should be beating him with my AK/FAL/pistol.

It's also going to be annoying to be shooting at someone only to have them ninja away, not through any skill, or better character  placement, but because they have a smoke screen and they'll teleport across the map.

Some might say "well it does take skill, because they earned the medals". Worse case scenario were gonna see people ignoring objectives or camping to farm medals

I don't see why the players who are earning lots of medals are getting another step up over their opponents who aren't doing so well.

Split screen -

This is a cool addition. Nice work.

But will this create more lag if someone is playing couch co-op? We have 2 people sharing the same connection, and we know how well Uncharted 2 coped with just one player on a single connection.

Extra game type additions -

I like the idea of 3 Team Deathmatch and Free for all. I'm still unsure how these gametypes will cope with fewer amounts of players on what seems to be bigger maps.

Uncharted TV and Youtube compatibility -

Very nice addition, I like this idea.

Other stuff -

Not sure if this is a booster or if it's always available to everyone...

The ability to taunt a fallen enemy in order to recieve ammo and/or grenades. Great, because what I loved in Uncharted 2 was when someone taunts an undeserving kill. Only now I'm gonna see it far more often, and even worse people are gonna be rewarded for it.

Sprinting does look so bad, but I have a feeling it's gonna cause more annoyances with shotguns and melee.

Ziplines, I personally wanted a few ziplines.

In conclusion -

I personally would have been happy if they had just fixed some of the things that were broken with Uncharted 2 and gave us some more maps and new gametypes.

For better or worse Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be different to say the least. Fingers crossed for it being fun and Uncharted like, rather than a poor imitation of other games.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Basically what my feelings are on this. I'm looking forwa...

Apr 18, 2011

NearRivers wrote:

:/

I'm exited because I'm seeing new Uncharted multiplayer, however I'm somewhat dissapointed about exactly what I'm seeing.

Character customization-

I'm not too fond of character customization in games. The characters people create usually look like crap or like they shouldn't be in that particular universe at all. I wouldn't want to look at the characters I'm playing against and be unsure of what game I'm playing...

But I think it should be fine so long as there is still a large selection of official base characters to use.

Gun Customization, Loadouts -

In Uncharted 2 I would know exactly what weapon my oppenent has just by looking at their movement. Doesn't look like this'll be the same with Uncharted 3. I think I'm gonna miss the rush to defend the power weapons.

I hope this doesn't encourage more camping as people will now have capable weapons from the start. They could just spawn, and find a spot to camp right away. Instead of actively seeking out better weapons by moving around the map.

Boosters -

I think it's great that Situation Awareness appears to be gone. Unfortunately there looks like there's going to be a lot more potentially frustrating boosters/kickbacks.

I've heard there'll be a booster that makes your health regenerate faster. I'll definitely be sticking this one on if there aren't better alternatives. But my issue is the same as the gun customization - In Uncharted 2 I would know that everyone regenerates health at the same speed, so I can plan my assault accordingly. I could be killing a guy, he could be hiding, I could then move in closer and start shooting a guy who is now back at full health.

Kick backs -

Part of what I enjoyed about Uncharted 2 was that it was clear what weapon an enemy was character just by their movements. It's now gonna be frustrating to see someone spawn an RPG in his hands when I should be beating him with my AK/FAL/pistol.

It's also going to be annoying to be shooting at someone only to have them ninja away, not through any skill, or better character  placement, but because they have a smoke screen and they'll teleport across the map.

Some might say "well it does take skill, because they earned the medals". Worse case scenario were gonna see people ignoring objectives or camping to farm medals

I don't see why the players who are earning lots of medals are getting another step up over their opponents who aren't doing so well.

Split screen -

This is a cool addition. Nice work.

But will this create more lag if someone is playing couch co-op? We have 2 people sharing the same connection, and we know how well Uncharted 2 coped with just one player on a single connection.

Extra game type additions -

I like the idea of 3 Team Deathmatch and Free for all. I'm still unsure how these gametypes will cope with fewer amounts of players on what seems to be bigger maps.

Uncharted TV and Youtube compatibility -

Very nice addition, I like this idea.

Other stuff -

Not sure if this is a booster or if it's always available to everyone...

The ability to taunt a fallen enemy in order to recieve ammo and/or grenades. Great, because what I loved in Uncharted 2 was when someone taunts an undeserving kill. Only now I'm gonna see it far more often, and even worse people are gonna be rewarded for it.

Sprinting does look so bad, but I have a feeling it's gonna cause more annoyances with shotguns and melee.

Ziplines, I personally wanted a few ziplines.

In conclusion -

I personally would have been happy if they had just fixed some of the things that were broken with Uncharted 2 and gave us some more maps and new gametypes.

For better or worse Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be different to say the least. Fingers crossed for it being fun and Uncharted like, rather than a poor imitation of other games. 

Basically what my feelings are on this. I'm looking forward to it, a lot of it does look very cool but there are a lot of things I'm hesitant about and things I would like to try out before passing a whole lot of judgement on. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Agree Near with pretty much everything. I was so excited...

Apr 18, 2011

Agree Near with pretty much everything. I was so excited to hear about Mp... now im hoping I wake up from this Nightmare!!!

No weapon spawns, sprint, killstreaks, idk what is worse, because they all make the core gameplay change in a negative way.

Im just curious as to if developers know that not EVERY game on this planet has to be like CoD. There is a reason I do not play CoD, and if i did I would play CoD and not Uncharted..

Idk what i have lost more hope for R3, or UC3

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Is the red serious? I've been reading a lot and I didn't...

Apr 18, 2011

RaCpram12 wrote:

starkraven wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

chaosagent wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

It's kind of hard for ND to deny that they're on the Call of Duty bandwagon now.

It sound cool on paper, but I bet it's going to play like crap.

Nice assumption there.  Because you know CoD invented all those things.

Loadouts? Killstreaks? Leveling up perks?

Little history lesson: Yeah, CoD did introduce all those things to the industry.

I agree that some of the stuff does sound really gimicky. IMO it is dumbing down the game and making the game less about skill. That feature that gives the losing team double damage to help them catch up and take the lead is so absurd.

Are you kidding me? Disgusting ND, just disgusting.

Gonna have to agree with everyone that UC3 is going to be a lot less about skill. Pretty sad stuff.

Is the red serious? I've been reading a lot and I didn't come across that one... If that is true... Meh, punishing people for being better? That would be pathetic. If a team is losing, get better at the game, enough said.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

I want to make this clear now: they haven't gotten rid of...

Apr 18, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

BlueDAngel wrote:

I'm all for some of the new things they added such as sprint or character customization. However, it sounds like the game isn't even going to have weapon spawns anymore.

I want to make this clear now: they haven't gotten rid of weapon spawns.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5792872/hands-on-with-uncharted-3s-three-team-deathmatch-and-free-for-all-killf...

"(Yes, you can still pick up weapons dropped by foes or nestled in certain spots on maps, but you may want to pick up better modded guns for a tactical advantage.)"

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes