Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2011
By: Attitude1985 First Son 6 posts

If you a Naughty Dog, what will you do with the ending?

13 replies 17 views Edited Nov 21, 2011
For me, the ending is a real rush, no surprise, no emotion, even no enough action. For me, if I'm the director, I will make the ending like this:
Talbot gives Sully a drug shot when he and Drake is trying to save the drowning Marlowe, (ps: completely different with the original ending, Sully is ruthless with Marlowe's death despite of they have affair 20 years ago and Marlowe is angry with Cutte as he fake shot them, on this point, we can see how Naughty Dog want this game end ASAP), then Sully lose his consciousness just like Cutter, he fights with Talbot to Drake, beat him almost to death, (can make Drake avoid any chance to beat Sully and take all the hits from them in here, it should be very emotional) finally Sully awakes, he sacrifice himself to save Drake from the last shot by Talbot, when Drake look at dying Sully, all the memory, friendship between he and Sully just flashed in his mind, he gives Talbot his last angry fist and back the dying Sully up, run out of the danger...
It might be tacky as well, but I think it's better than the original ending. The first 20 chapters of this game is remarkable, the ending is a big let down, wish Naughty Dog can make better ending in UC4 and I still like this game as it's ancestors
Message 1 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Sorry?

Nov 21, 2011

Sorry?

Message 2 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Bye Bye

Nov 21, 2011
Bye Bye
Message 3 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

I like you, you're funny......:smileyvery-happy:

Nov 21, 2011

I like you, you're funny......:smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

I don't like any ending where sully dies

Nov 21, 2011

I don't like any ending where sully dies

Message 5 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

SPOILERS... OBVIOUSLY!           I would make Marlowe jum...

Nov 21, 2011

SPOILERS... OBVIOUSLY!

I would make Marlowe jump into the water after the Djinn (assuming she knows it possesses some ancient "curse"/power) and when she does and releases the curse (what turns out to be some nasty chemicals), she mutates to something... big, ugly and ridiculously powerful which would make the final battle.

I know, not realistic, but.... as I said somewhere else in my theory why people are picking up on the whole story ( http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/Something-you-should-consider-about-the-story-SPO... ), it would at least make a proper intense ending.

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 6 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

This is not dragon age, pal, your suggestion doesn't fit...

Nov 21, 2011
This is not dragon age, pal, your suggestion doesn't fit in Uncharted
Message 7 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

And exlosive resin giving superpowers, immortality and ov...

Nov 21, 2011

Attitude1985 wrote:
This is not dragon age, pal, your suggestion doesn't fit in Uncharted

And exlosive resin giving superpowers, immortality and over time, purple skin if you happen to live long enough to meet Marco Polo in person (not to mention the creatures from Uncharted 1) fits perfectly in Uncharted?

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 8 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Infamous 2 had a similar story idea so that's not possibl...

Nov 21, 2011

VarHyid wrote:

SPOILERS... OBVIOUSLY!

I would make Marlowe jump into the water after the Djinn (assuming she knows it possesses some ancient "curse"/power) and when she does and releases the curse (what turns out to be some nasty chemicals), she mutates to something... big, ugly and ridiculously powerful which would make the final battle.

I know, not realistic, but.... as I said somewhere else in my theory why people are picking up on the whole story ( http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/Something-you-should-consider-about-the-story-SPO... ), it would at least make a proper intense ending.

Infamous 2 had a similar story idea so that's not possible because it'd be like stealing someone's other work (maybe stealing is not the right word) but I would have seen something like that before.

Message 9 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

I think it would have been better had they set the game i...

Nov 21, 2011

I think it would have been better had they set the game in Ubar much longer. It felt like it was trying to be UC2 again with Shambala. I think it would have been far more interesting had they found the desert ruins near the middle of the game then made their way into Ubar and you stayed there for the rest of the game looking for the brass container. It could have been similar to Drake's Fortune where you are on the same island moving around to different areas trying to find the Elderado statue, except in Ubar. I think the whole Ramses part of the plot being in the shipwrecks and on the boat was too huge of a detour.

Where UC1 did suffer a little from being in the same location, I think UC3 suffers too much from jumping around to too many locations. I kind of suspect the multiplayer influenced the game in that way so there could be more of a variety in maps.

Message 10 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes