Feb 24 2012
By: Requinox Splicer 49 posts

In regards to "Cheating/Boosting in Multiplayer" Thread

29 replies 22 views Edited Feb 24, 2012

I was going to post this in the "Cheating/Boosting in Multiplayer" thread that was up last night but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, I came across this video today, its basically proof of a "certain user" is boosting their stats to make the top leaderboards, they're ranked #2 right now in the world. ND is supposedly looking into this but thought you all would like to see this as it shows clear as day what they're doing and how theyre exploiting 3TDM with alternate accounts and literally going Rampant every match. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3OYqMFyGs&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2601638FAAAAAAAAAAA

Message 1 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

Re: In regards to "Cheating/Boosting in Multiplayer" Thread

Feb 24, 2012

Sorry, but this has to be the worst shot video I have ever seen.  I know exactly what this guy is doing, but if I didn't, I'm not sure watching your video would make it very clear for me.

Yes, the Cheating/Boosting thread from yesterday was mysteriously deleted by a moderator. 

I guess boosting to get to the top of a leaderboard is OK, but disucssing it in the forums is not?

Either way, the fact that this guy is going through all of this trouble, just to move up the leaderboards is sad/pathetic. 

Message 2 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Feb 24, 2012

yea i noticed that too i bookmarked it and now its not there but that guy need about 7 million to get on rank 1

________________________________________________________________________________

Unnecessary Censorship Episode #1 Uncharted Drake Fortune HERE:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25t3GojA3SI
Message 3 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 24, 2012

mbhitman wrote:

Yes, the Cheating/Boosting thread from yesterday was mysteriously deleted by a moderator. 

I guess boosting to get to the top of a leaderboard is OK, but disucssing it in the forums is not?

Either way, the fact that this guy is going through all of this trouble, just to move up the leaderboards is sad/pathetic. 

mbhitman logo From this day forward, I shall be referred to on these forums as "Marc"

It was deleted because two of the forum regulars here had a squabble in that thread, which expanded upon about 5 pages of bickering back and forth. Those two know who they are, as well as anyone else following that thread.

And I agree, as you stated it is definitely the "epitome of no life".

Message 4 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Feb 24, 2012

mbhitman wrote:

I think it was deleted because it degenerated into an arguement/insult-fest between two forum users (and they weren't arguing over the topic, they were just insulting each other).

Message 5 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Requinox wrote:

mbhitman wrote:

mbhitman logo From this day forward, I shall be referred to on these forums as "Marc"

It was deleted because two of the forum regulars here had a squabble in that thread, which expanded upon about 5 pages of bickering back and forth. Those two know who they are, as well as anyone else following that thread.

And I agree, as you stated it is definitely the "epitome of no life".

I think it was deleted because it was blacklisting a PSN member.  It had nothing to do with an argument in the thread.  The mod would have just deleted the posts of the argument, but left the rest.

Boosting is considering cheating.  Discussing it is against the rules.  Blacklisting a player for cheating is also against the rules.  That is probably why it was deleted.

Message 6 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Booman547 wrote:

mbhitman wrote:

I think it was deleted because it degenerated into an arguement/insult-fest between two forum users (and they weren't arguing over the topic, they were just insulting each other).

This ^ If the thread was a serious issue from the beginning then it wouldn't have gone on as long as it did even before that insult-fest.

Message 7 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Yes, one of the mods deleted it.

"Unfortunately I had to remove the thread mentioned in the subject line as it contained blacklisting of a member of the community.  We have a no blacklisting rule in place to protect everyone from having allegations raised against them without evidence and thusly damaging or ruining their forum reputation. "

I guess it was my fault. I mentioned his name in the thread.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 8 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Zylinderknopf wrote:

Yes, one of the mods deleted it.

"Unfortunately I had to remove the thread mentioned in the subject line as it contained blacklisting of a member of the community.  We have a no blacklisting rule in place to protect everyone from having allegations raised against them without evidence and thusly damaging or ruining their forum reputation. "

I guess it was my fault. I mentioned his name in the thread.

154/163 Treasures (30.000.000 $, 30.000 Kills, 22.000 NPC-Kills)

And BOOM!  Like I said, it was blacklisting that got the thread deleted...not an agrument.

Which means this thread will only be around long enough for a mod to see it, and delete it for blacklisting...again.

Message 9 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 24, 2012

mbhitman wrote:

Sorry, but this has to be the worst shot video I have ever seen.  I know exactly what this guy is doing, but if I didn't, I'm not sure watching your video would make it very clear for me.

It's not mine, I follow a user on Youtube who happened to favorite that video and I recognzied the username from that thread that was here. That video is basically for anyone who was following that thread before it was deleted.

For anyone who doesn't know what's going on, to sum it up you have a user who is using multiple accounts, PS3s, UC3 game discs, and matching themselves up in public 3TDM matches. They use their main account to get kills while the 'slave' accounts just sit there and get killed. The person goes 20-0 literally every match and is boosting themselves all the way up to the top of the leaderboards. They're clearly exploiting the system, and the video above of some of their previous matches is proof enough.

Quitting matches for stats is one thing, but this is a form of cheating that's taking it to a completely different level

Message 10 of 30 (22 Views)
0 Likes