Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2013
By: iceaxe99 Lombax Warrior 103 posts

Is 0.71 a bad KDR?

56 replies 756 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

I'm level 62 Legacy 1 and i have played for 55hrs. I have a KDR of 0.71. Is it good or bad?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Re: Is 0.71 a bad KDR?

Aug 16, 2013
No, you're supposed to have a 3+ KDR to even compete in any clan.

Just kidding. If it's positive, and people can already call you a tryhard using only your stats as basis, then it's good.

Look at me. I purposefully try my best to throw all my games without appearing like I'm purposefully doing it to maintain negative stats.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 57 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Aug 16, 2013

iceaxe99 wrote:

I'm level 62 Legacy 1 and i have played for 55hrs. I have a KDR of 0.71. Is it good or bad?

Are you having fun playing?

Because that's the only thing that matters. Who cares what anyone else on this board thinks about your KDR and whether it is good or bad? 

If you want, use it as a measuring stick for your own progress. You're very new to the game and your KDR will go up the more you play.

But don't use it to compare yourself to others. And don't worry about what others think of it. That way madness lies, friend. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 57 (746 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Aug 16, 2013
But CoD players, inigo…
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 57 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 16, 2013

It's a team game so I value the W/L ratio more than the KDR

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 57 (726 Views)
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Aug 16, 2013

No.

It's a terrible KDR.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 57 (716 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Aug 16, 2013
I remember wanting my KDR to be over 1. It is now, but my logic was that its good that I kill more than I die. Besides that, I didn't really care. But KDR doesn't say everything. Sometimes it doesn't say anything.

Often times when I play TO or Plunder, the higher my score, the lower my KDR. If I'm always going after the idol or trying to capture the hill, I'm also setting myself up to die a lot more often.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 57 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Not really. The loadout gun you are using is just a small amount of total kills, probably all your aimed kills is 1/3 of all the kills you have made. Most kills are melee and blindfire and then we also have all the power weapons. So K/D means nothing. Aiming is the only way to say if someone is good in the game or how communicative/team based he plays.

For instance my K/D is 1.2 which is not bad but you must know I played for 300 hours now, know every tactic in the game and refuse to use any power weapon. I also dont really care about my K/D, so often I play with the FAL which I totally suck at, but I just like to use the weapon for fun and it is kinda similair to the para9 which I claim I am a beast with.

Also sometimes I see people with K/D 2 and above and I still manage sometimes to kick there butts, also there are many ways to play this game. You can play: Run and Gun (AK, M9) , Defensive (Gmal and Dragon) or Stealth (trying to break people there neck).

Have fun playing the game, dont care what other people say about you and just enjoy it :smileyvery-happy: .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 57 (708 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Aug 16, 2013

All you have to do is trying to do the objective. That is all I do, and I believe myself to be decent at this game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 57 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

I consider around 0.75 to be decent, so yours is not far off. It is normal for new players to have KDRs below 1.00. ^-^

Mine used to fall in the 0.60 to 0.70s range when I was first introduced to the competitive modes. By continuing to familiarize myself with the right loadouts, stage layouts, and new tactics, though, allowed me to raise my KDR considerably. It's not at 1.00, yet, but it has come rather close. ^-^

EDIT: I would recommend Free for All if you're looking to raise your KDR. Not only will you not have to rely on your teammates or clan for boosted stats, but also take pride knowing your improvements are all due to your own ability. Your KDR will then slowly make its way to the point that it accurately reflects your own performance. ^-^ 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The mind shall vanquish the sword"

- Sima Yi (Zhongda)

^-^
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 57 (697 Views)
0 Likes