Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Is 0.71 a bad KDR?

Aug 16, 2013
Correction: you need at least 2+ KDR to get into top FN clans. 3+ KDR should be safe.

I'm not kidding. People *say* KDR doesn't matter, but it conditionally does. I mean, if you're not looking for a clan or anything it's fine.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 57 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 16, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

iceaxe99 wrote:

I'm level 62 Legacy 1 and i have played for 55hrs. I have a KDR of 0.71. Is it good or bad?

Are you having fun playing?

Because that's the only thing that matters. Who cares what anyone else on this board thinks about your KDR and whether it is good or bad? 

If you want, use it as a measuring stick for your own progress. You're very new to the game and your KDR will go up the more you play.

But don't use it to compare yourself to others. And don't worry about what others think of it. That way madness lies, friend. Smiley Happy

I also think that KDR doesn't matter. When I started playing I had 1 kill every 10 and now that I'm a better player my KDR is still improving slowly but surely...

Message 12 of 57 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Correction: you need at least 2+ KDR to get into top FN clans. 3+ KDR should be safe.

I'm not kidding. People *say* KDR doesn't matter, but it conditionally does. I mean, if you're not looking for a clan or anything it's fine.

For the moment I'm not looking for a clan... I'm too weak Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 57 (585 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 16, 2013

iceaxe99 wrote:

I'm level 62 Legacy 1 and i have played for 55hrs. I have a KDR of 0.71. Is it good or bad?

If you're new to the game it's not that bad at all...when I started mine was waaay worse - something like a 0.45 after 1000 deaths lol ._. (now it's like a 1.50)

A good way to improve as a player - and thus improve your KDR - is to watch the playstyles of good players you play with/against and assimilate things they do into your own playstyle.  Other than that, just keep playing. You'll get better over time, and as you do, your KDR will rise as well.

Message 14 of 57 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Heh I could be in one then.

But I'd  rather play with someone who has a 0,71 KDR...

I know they wont play like total farmers.

Anyone who has similar KDR to me actually farms spawns, I've seen it over and over. I actually don't do that and I'd rather not play with people like that.

So.. I'd rather the lower KDR player for a more fun match, in this game the lower the KDR the more fair the player is.

Message 15 of 57 (540 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Aug 16, 2013

If you're new, don't worry about KDR.

If you're a vet, don't worry about KDR.

Either way, you shouldn't care about stats. But if you really want an answer to the question, I'll just tell you to head for 1.0. In my opinion, it's:

Negative KD = Bad. Positive KD = Good.

As long as you're helping the team (positive), you're a good player.

Message 16 of 57 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 17, 2013

iceaxe99 wrote:

It's bad but you're supposed to have fun! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 57 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

Aug 17, 2013
IMHO if you are getting 2 or 3 kills on average in a match for a period of time before you die, then you are doing pretty good. Trouble is, that takes time for some to get to that skill level. For them, their KDR is already beyond the point of getting back to over 1.0.

Focus on getting more kills before you die rather than overall KDR. You'll have more fun that way.

2544133150[1].png

Message 18 of 57 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 17, 2013
^ This would make more sense than KDR-whoring. If you generally make more than one kill per death, you make your team earn scores faster than the other team, which is probably what you should be going for anyway.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 57 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Aug 17, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Then I would rather make my own and teach does dumb weakminded kids a lesson. What happened to the whole try out before joining clan? K/D means nothing as I stated previously. Communication in clans is the half of your skill. To bad clans don't make smart pointed strategies and only talk often in clan matches (or atleast it seems to me).

Just wait till I'll start my own clan, I will show them, show them all.

Message 20 of 57 (459 Views)
0 Likes