Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Is 0.71 a bad KDR?

Aug 18, 2013
Sadly, the problem is thaat my holidays have ended and I have to go to school. I'm not allowed to use my PS3 :'( I'll be back by the end of october, at latest...
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 57 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Oh Dear. I'll still add you though if you want. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 57 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Yes but you'll have to wait till October to be accepted...
But don't worry as soon as I switch my PS3 on the first thing I'll do is accepting you :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 57 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
369 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Like others have said: Do you have fun playing?

On the other hand it's like, you better not be on my team when the rest of the team also has negative kdr as that directly impacts the amount of fun I have... having to carry a whole team every game is a drag, losing is not much fun, and dying isn't either, respawn times are a waste of my life, gaming is too, but it's a good waste as long as I have fun.

Besides that, it depends on since when you were playing... as if you happened to play plunder before the farmkilling patch, a 0.71 kdr isn't that bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 57 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 18, 2013
With all the tutorials on uncharted TV you'll get good real quick...
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 57 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Aug 18, 2013

We all started out somewhere. I consider a 0.75-1.0 average for new players of the series.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 57 (236 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Here to put new information again, since I just experienced this, and remembered to put this here.

Even though your KDR doesn't matter to YOU, it matters to people on your team, or people on the other team. Like I said, a lot of people SAY it doesn't matter, but they will check your KDR (and WLR) to see if you're good or not. I do not kid. I do it myself, I had it done to me by a lot.

For there people already make assumptions based on KDR.

Relatively lower than person = noob

Near or the same ratio as person = okay

Relatively higher than person = tryhard

It's REALLY easy to say it's just for fun, but people have different definitions of what fun is. Most people (including myself) is just winning the current match, which is normal since that's the point of pretty much any competitive game. Some is to top the global leaderboards. Some, just to play with friends. It all depends, really.

BTW I'm free to add on my TeammateAssist account. We can play the lab sometime and you can go for the people I shoot my sniper with for easy kills (and easy assists for me to live up to the account name).

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 57 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Aug 19, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Even though your KDR doesn't matter to YOU, it matters to people on your team, or people on the other team. Like I said, a lot of people SAY it doesn't matter, but they will check your KDR (and WLR) to see if you're good or not. I do not kid. I do it myself, I had it done to me by a lot.

It's REALLY easy to say it's just for fun, but people have different definitions of what fun is. Most people (including myself) is just winning the current match, which is normal since that's the point of pretty much any competitive game. Some is to top the global leaderboards. Some, just to play with friends. It all depends, really.

I check KDR, W/L, and Plunder captures in the lobby. Two reasons: 1) it gives me a good feel for how the match will likely go. 2) I want to know if I'm going to be the weakest link on the team. I hate being the weakest person on the team. And it's for the reason that Izuna mentioned a few posts back. I don't want to negatively impact the enjoyment of others. If we're getting blown out, I don't give it a second thought. But I remember close matches that our team probably would have won if I'd played better. I hate those matches. 

So while I don't care about KDR in and of itself, I do care about playing well in a tight game or when playing with friends.  

Hey, Stunt. Don't look now, but you're coming up on 10,000 posts! What do you win when you get there?  

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 57 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Probably some new title that doesn't say "Caption Contest Winner" or something.

Point is, it does matter. People use KDR and WLR as a gauge for people. Ever had a plunder match where you practically carried the idol all the time and tossed it to a nearby teammate for a speed capture? That's not your capture even though you did a lot of work.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 57 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Truthfully, no one gives a crap about KDR in UC3. CoD players care more about KDR (not like I care about it there either :smileytongue:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes