Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3719 posts

Is There ANY Multiplayer Games Without Problems?

28 replies 386 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

So, I did what I shouldn't have done and played CMP. Man, sometimes, and I use that term lightly, I have decent games with very little issues, but then there are others where you can't help but rage quit.

I wont bore you with the usual details, you know what's broken in this game.

I was wondering, U2 also had unaddressed issues, and wanted to know if all Mulitplayers are like this? U2 and U3 are the only Multiplayer games I've played. I choose these games as they have simple gamely mechanics. However the glitches, bugs and the unaddressed issues peeve me off.

Will we EVER see a game that is balanced and is based on skill and not stupid things blindfire punch, shotgun killfests, power plays that ruins everything, and isn't such a ragefest?

I very much doubt that TLOU CMP will be any better than U2 and U3 CMP, I think it will contain bugs, made for noobs and be totally unbalanced. I haven't really seen ND learn any lessons with all 17 patches, if anything they effed up 6 things by trying to fix 1 thing.

All my good PSN friends have moved on and I see them playing other games, and I feel ashamed if not embarrassed to ask them to come and play some U3 with me. 

All I can say is, I'm not really "hopeful" about TLOU as I was with U3, I had high hopes, as the transition from DF to AT was mind blowing.

Message 1 of 29 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Is There ANY Multiplayer Games Without Problems?

Mar 14, 2013

I feel your pain and it’s why I still prefer coop.

Message 2 of 29 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 14, 2013

If you find an MP game without issues. Let me know. Immeadieatly. :smileytongue:

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 3 of 29 (358 Views)
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Mar 14, 2013

There are, I find old school shooters on the PC (Wolfenstein:ET, Quake III, Counterstrike etc) much more balanced due to the basic systems. This gen brought all these kind of shooters with perks, boosters and mods on guns which makes it really hard to balance a game. Heck I don't even understand why we have all these kind of things. I can't remember anyone whining about guns being overpowered in any of those games. The sad fact is, is that these games are pretty much dead in the competitive scene because they're so outdated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 29 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I wouldn't bash TLOU's multiplayer just yet. We have ZERO footage and little details on it. It might be great.
Message 5 of 29 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Wait till you try Dark Souls online. :smileyvery-happy: You'd just head back to UC3. ^ ^

Message 6 of 29 (302 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Mar 14, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

So, I did what I shouldn't have done and played CMP. Man, sometimes, and I use that term lightly, I have decent games with very little issues, but then there are others where you can't help but rage quit.

I wont bore you with the usual details, you know what's broken in this game.

I was wondering, U2 also had unaddressed issues, and wanted to know if all Mulitplayers are like this? U2 and U3 are the only Multiplayer games I've played. I choose these games as they have simple gamely mechanics. However the glitches, bugs and the unaddressed issues peeve me off.

Will we EVER see a game that is balanced and is based on skill and not stupid things blindfire punch, shotgun killfests, power plays that ruins everything, and isn't such a ragefest?

I very much doubt that TLOU CMP will be any better than U2 and U3 CMP, I think it will contain bugs, made for noobs and be totally unbalanced. I haven't really seen ND learn any lessons with all 17 patches, if anything they effed up 6 things by trying to fix 1 thing.

All my good PSN friends have moved on and I see them playing other games, and I feel ashamed if not embarrassed to ask them to come and play some U3 with me. 

All I can say is, I'm not really "hopeful" about TLOU as I was with U3, I had high hopes, as the transition from DF to AT was mind blowing.

I play a lot of shooters, and Uncharted 3 is one of my favorites. I have fun... a lot more than most people apparently. TF2 is very balanced. Don't have to worry about over powered weapons. Everything is balanced, the guns, the maps, the hats. It's also F2P on Steam. I play it with alot of friends. There is something so satisfying about disgusing as a medic and back stabing a friend :smileyhappy: Battlefield 3 is also a great multi player, though I never play anymore. Halo 4 is great as well. Those are some that I like. But I like U3 alot.

Message 7 of 29 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

Mar 14, 2013

It really is highly unfair to judge TLOU multiplayer since we've seen 0 gameplay of it and have no idea how it will play.

As far as games without problems. I'm sure you can't find many. Whether its game balancing, lag, glitchers, hackers, etc. there will always be a problem in an online game no matter what.

photo Sniper.png
Message 8 of 29 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3719 posts

Mar 14, 2013
As of now it's fair to say people are "judging" TLOU multiplayer based on the fact that the same company made it as well as looking back at their track record.

Message 9 of 29 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

Mar 14, 2013

you mean track record of great series with Crash and Jak and now Uncharted? Yea judging by that...i honestly am looking forward to TLOU

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 29 (265 Views)
0 Likes