Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 11 2011
By: McAwesum Lombax Warrior 117 posts

Is there any point to passing into Legacy?

55 replies 1817 views Edited Nov 11, 2011

You loose everything (except for skins and treasures) and all you get is boosters that are supposed to make you level up faster... only to reach max rank and start over to do it again?! What is the point? I am rank 75 non-Legacy currently and I have worked pretty hard to level up a lot of my boosters, especially some of the tougher ones like Weapon Expert and Endurance, and I don't want to level them up EVERY time! And let's say I DO go into Legacy and start over and only focus on one or two Boosters than is really limiting my playstyle to just one or two Loadouts. It just seems pointless and like a huge chore. I am playing Uncharted 3 for fun not for highest rank possible.If I didn't have to re-level my Boosters I would consider it.

I hate to compare this to CoD but at least in those games they have those titles and emblems that you can unlock ONLY in Prestige and you also get new challenges. And in Black Ops you get additional Class Slots each time you Prestiged. I think they should have more guns, skins, emblem pieces, taunts, clothing that you can buy/unlock that are only vailable if you Legacy. Like in Red Dead Redemption; there were special skins and mounts (like a buffalo and a bull) that you can unlock if you pass into Legend in that. In Red Dead I wanted the buffalo mount; so I was eager to go into Legend. If they had more stuff in Uncharted 3 when you Legacy it may be worth it. But until then; I'll stay 75, thank you.

Anyone else feel the same? I think Naughty Dog should add stuff for "Legacy" players to make the painstaking effort worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncharted 3 Beta Montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36IxTrVaKu4

Week 2 Montage:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpy6A4eSPyY

Week 3 Montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHOzbTZc4w
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 56 (1,817 Views)
Wastelander
674 posts

Supposedly at the last legacy   you unlock:    Doughnut T...

Nov 11, 2011

Supposedly at the last legacy

you unlock:

Spoiler
Doughnut Talbot lol :smileytongue:

--- This guy will always be lost in these forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

You get some clown masks and doughnut talbot, amongst oth...

Nov 11, 2011

You get some clown masks and doughnut talbot, amongst other things.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

^SPOILER ALERT!!! lol

Nov 11, 2011

^SPOILER ALERT!!! lol

--- This guy will always be lost in these forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

All that work for that does not seem worth the hassle. If...

Nov 11, 2011
All that work for that does not seem worth the hassle. If that's all you get then I will pass on doing that until they release more stuff for that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncharted 3 Beta Montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36IxTrVaKu4

Week 2 Montage:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpy6A4eSPyY

Week 3 Montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHOzbTZc4w
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 56 (1,817 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2843 posts

I LOVE MY CLOWN MASK(S)!

Nov 11, 2011

I LOVE MY CLOWN MASK(S)!

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

photo tumblr_mf1ussHvgx1qfdlxyo1_1280.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

i dont really see the point either espcially when you loo...

Nov 11, 2011

i dont really see the point either espcially when you loose all hard earned boosters you work hard to level up. 

i dont really see the point to playing uc3 much because its so easy to level up in, and a friend of mine is already going to level up in badges again in legacy mode because hes a constant player. its to easy for everyone, and there not really worth it espeically when theres not anything that special to gain from the negaitves legacy in skins, guns, just loosing everything you gained that you didnt buy. alot of other games have things you can only buy in these lagacy modes, but uc3 doesnt really offer anything that great other than a doughnut skin. 

i personally liked uc2 leveling system that made it harder to level up after you reach level 50 and the negative boosters were worth the wait because it stacked up medals and cash, and i see on uc3 that its not doing so. though i do agree, im not a COD fan but i have plenty of friends who love it and they always tell me about the prestige leveling and the new things they get for working to those levels. so i do agree that naughtydog should make it worth the time and frustration by adding things onto it that you can only get from those levels, and hopefully change the way they work. so when the time comes if i do make it, im staying at 75 (which i think should be raised as well because the last one was 80 but thats naughtydogs choice) until i see something better

why are my stats always f'd up?
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Lady_DubhBlossom
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Queen_Aoibheal
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
430 posts

i see it as a way of getting out of your comfort zone pla...

Nov 11, 2011

i see it as a way of getting out of your comfort zone

players get more advantages when they progress to higher levels

when you go legacy you actually see how much you got attached to your leveled up boosters and kickbacks

its merely an optional choice for those who want to challenge themselves to there satisfaction 

as for me i think i will go all the way eventually

...I'm The Japanese Guy In The Suit
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

I'm Conflicted.

Nov 11, 2011

I'm Conflicted. It's almost irresistable. But, for today I'm gonna hold off.  Maybe....

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

I agree. It would have been a smart move on ND's part to...

Nov 11, 2011

I agree. It would have been a smart move on ND's part to NOT reset the booster levels. You should have to buy them able but the level should stay where it was at. I don't want to legacy if it means I lose the hard work I put into leveling up boosters. It's even more work than unlocking treasures.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 56 (1,817 Views)
0 Likes