Oh good it's gone. That was disturbing.

Jun 5, 2011
Oh good it's gone. That was disturbing.
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 108 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Good thread.  I haven't visited ND's forums since before...

Jun 5, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Another thing I wasn't a big fan of was the direction the map design seemed to take in the DLC maps. The simple yet beautiful map design (thanks to the amazing textures and lighting effects) of maps such as Temple and Village got thrown out for massive, asymmetrical maps that seemed to value form far over function. Maps such as Flooded Ruins or Highrise looked beautiful the first time I booted them up and explored them in a private match, but the honeymoon ended shortly after I realized how unfair the asymmetrical map design was. For instance, the Villains are at a serious disadvantage on Flooded Ruins as soon as the match boots up if the Heroes team knows what they're doing. I don't think anyone can argue with that. I still hope that the fact that all four UC2 DLC maps were grossly asymmetrical is just some sort of coincidence, but it seems to indicate otherwise and I see that as detrimental moving forward. I want my maps to play well and be fair, not just look really cool.

Bottom line: I can kind of see where ND's aspirations lie just through their patterns in UC2 and what has been announced for UC3. My guess is these casual fans will play three or four extra days before they complain that it's still too hard to aim or players take too many bullets to die. Unless you essentially institute auto aim or snap-to L1 aim and reduce the damage you can take to 3 or 4 bullets, you're never going to hook these sorts of players for long.

Good thread.  I haven't visited ND's forums since before PSN went down, but I'm wondering about UC3's overall design too.

I hope Naughty Dog doesn't adhere to the pattern that a developer's 1st entry to multiplayer, usually becomes the best and most pure.. before they figure they want as much money to flow in as possible, as long as possible.  Might be the case here too though, it wouldn't be the first time with companies making games.

I fell in love with Uncharted 2 when I got into the first June/July beta back in 2009, played with and added some of the devs during it, got into the 2nd beta and then the game itself.  Really hope they don't take the game far away from what made uc2 GOOD, but..

I got a feeling that money is going to win over a quality, well-designed product again.  Between Kickbacks and Power Plays and all the other things that are there to lure in anybody and everybody and randomize the game.  Same old story with developers and the games they make.  Always, always about the $$$.

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 108 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

yeah i guess.

Jun 5, 2011

yeah i guess.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 108 (236 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30031 posts

Everyone appreciates a good heated debate. It could be ab...

Jun 5, 2011

Everyone appreciates a good heated debate. It could be about anything, the weather, a certain type of food, computer parts, a game, a car, or what have you. Debates are a wonderful aspect of communities. That's what makes up a community, enthusiasts discussing the finer points of a hobby or an interest. Unfortunately, it is all too easy for these debates to degrade into something that isn't welcome in most communities and that is a "Flame War". A flame war is a situation in which a group of users are flaming each other or a group of other users.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Fastest Grandma In GT
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 108 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Is this really what we wanted?

Apr 29, 2013
What a brilliant thread. There was so much life back then...

I still don't agree with the OP though.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 108 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Re: Is this really what we wanted?

Apr 29, 2013

Nice necrobump, bro...

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 108 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4086 posts

Re: Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN f...

Apr 29, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN friends list I'm seeing on my friends list right now before people continue to call me cavalier (in other threads) and insist that I don't speak for anyone else:

"UC3- Skeptical"

"Don't *bleep* it up, ND"

"Uc3 = T-R-A-S-H"

"Unch3MP .... garbage"

"UC3... Hmmm"

"Cpt. Sully Price"

"Lt. Soap MacDrake"

"UC3 meets COD"

"Drake's Modern Warfare"

And no, I didn't leave out any positive ones. Literally every single person online on my friends list right now is either skeptical or completely bummed by what has been unveiled so far. I saw even more last night when I had more friends were on, but my point is that a lot of the people not happy with these changes don't even post on the forums. That doesn't mean they're not still out there and I'm just talking out of my...rear end.

Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 108 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Re: Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN f...

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN friends list I'm seeing on my friends list right now before people continue to call me cavalier (in other threads) and insist that I don't speak for anyone else:

"UC3- Skeptical"

"Don't *bleep* it up, ND"

"Uc3 = T-R-A-S-H"

"Unch3MP .... garbage"

"UC3... Hmmm"

"Cpt. Sully Price"

"Lt. Soap MacDrake"

"UC3 meets COD"

"Drake's Modern Warfare"

And no, I didn't leave out any positive ones. Literally every single person online on my friends list right now is either skeptical or completely bummed by what has been unveiled so far. I saw even more last night when I had more friends were on, but my point is that a lot of the people not happy with these changes don't even post on the forums. That doesn't mean they're not still out there and I'm just talking out of my...rear end.

Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.

Technically the game changed from UC2, and became similar to the magical world of pewpewpeepee shooters.

Edit: thread locked due to necrobumping

-Stage_Coach

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 108 (124 Views)
0 Likes