Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I really don't understand what GET+ has to do with any of...

Jun 5, 2011

I really don't understand what GET+ has to do with any of this, nor what anyone would potentially be jealous of.

Message 91 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Let's put it this way (this is the only comparison I can...

Jun 5, 2011

Let's put it this way (since this is the only comparison I can think of right now and the concept seems questionably hard to grasp for some):

Your favorite ice cream parlor has a mint chocolate chip flavor which you enjoy eating. One day, you walk in and the flavor is no longer offered and instead has been replaced by mint and almond ice cream because the flavor is more popular and will likely sell better. In past experiences, you have not enjoyed almonds in other foods even though you have never eaten it with mint ice cream. Using prior knowledge, you are skeptical that you will enjoy the new mint and almond ice cream as much as you did the mint chocolate chip.

Basically, I'm not saying that the mint and almond ice cream (UC3) is going to be terrible or even that I am upset with ND for doing what they have to do with UC3. I am saying that I don't like the look of what's going into it and I haven't enjoyed similar features in other games. Nothing more, nothing less.

There also seems to be a double standard floating around as far as first impressions of the UC3 MP goes on this board: you can be as grossly positive about what you've seen so far in the trailers, interviews and articles and not have anyone question your judgment, but the minute you start mentioning something you don't like or criticize one of ND's actions, you are being told to "wait for the beta" or that you have no clue what you're talking about. The most egregious example of this was when I literally changed a few words and phrases from another user's post to present an opposing viewpoint and I was told that I was being "rude and unfair." Shows you how slanted and opposed to debate and differing viewpoints these forums have become, lol.

Message 92 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Uncharted has nothing to do with icecream.   Why should i...

Jun 5, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Let's put it this way (since this is the only comparison I can think of right now and the concept seems questionably hard to grasp for some):

Your favorite ice cream parlor has a mint chocolate chip flavor which you enjoy eating. One day, you walk in and the flavor is no longer offered and instead has been replaced by mint and almond ice cream because the flavor is more popular and will likely sell better. In past experiences, you have not enjoyed almonds in other foods even though you have never eaten it with mint ice cream. Using prior knowledge, you are skeptical that you will enjoy the new mint and almond ice cream as much as you did the mint chocolate chip.

Basically, I'm not saying that the mint and almond ice cream (UC3) is going to be terrible or even that I am upset with ND for doing what they have to do with UC3. I am saying that I don't like the look of what's going into it and I haven't enjoyed similar features in other games. Nothing more, nothing less.

There also seems to be a double standard floating around as far as first impressions of the UC3 MP goes on this board: you can be as grossly positive about what you've seen so far in the trailers, interviews and articles and not have anyone question your judgment, but the minute you start mentioning something you don't like or criticize one of ND's actions, you are being told to "wait for the beta" or that you have no clue what you're talking about. The most egregious example of this was when I literally changed a few words and phrases from another user's post to present an opposing viewpoint and I was told that I was being "rude and unfair." Shows you how slanted and opposed to debate and differing viewpoints these forums have become, lol.

Uncharted has nothing to do with icecream.

Why should it be okay to be a negative nancy? It brings every one else down. Positivity is A okay, and you should promote it if you knew how to be positive, fine sir.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 93 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

You hurt my feelings! That post was rude and unfair! And...

Jun 5, 2011

@pdiss

I know your part of your post was directed at me.

You hurt my feelings! That post was rude and unfair! And it was SOOOO not badass! You just took my post and reworked it into your own deranged vision! :smileysad: It really did hurt my feelings as all I was trying to do was instill a more hopeful environment here amidst all this gloomy negative Nancy talk!

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 94 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I seem to recall you drawing a rhubarb comparison/example...

Jun 5, 2011

EyeCue86 wrote:
Uncharted has nothing to do with icecream.

I seem to recall you drawing a rhubarb comparison/example earlier. And unless I'm very much mistaken, Uncharted doesn't have anything to do with vegetables, either.

Message 95 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

No, you were trying to convince people who disagreed with...

Jun 5, 2011

mildoo124 wrote:
You hurt my feelings! That post was rude and unfair! And it was SOOOO not badass! You just took my post and reworked it into your own deranged vision! :smileysad: It really did hurt my feelings as all I was trying to do was instill a more hopeful environment here amidst all this gloomy negative Nancy talk!

No, you were trying to convince people who disagreed with you to either give up their convictions or not voice their opinion because you apparently want everyone on the forum to think the same way.

Message 96 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Ok wowwow

Jun 5, 2011

This is a desperate attempt to get this back on track.  Wow, I go to the movies for a couple hours, and WW3 happens here!  

Eugenides wrote:

ryaniscool47 wrote:

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have been complaining and complaining about how brokenUncharted 2 is are now complaining and complaining  that the next game is going to be too different from the multiplayer they have "come to know and love".   

Also, Eugenides, Uncharted 3 is not "a continuation" of UC2.  It's a whole new game, as has been said by the developers on multiple occasions.  It's not Uncharted 2.5.  They look to have overhauled just about every single component from what I've seen so far, and it is likely that the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, while preserving some basic gameplay components, will be a completely different and new experience.  So judging it as "something you don't like" so prematurely just seems a bit overly pessimistic.  

Wow, this argument again? Uncharted 2 is broken in many ways, hence why many of us were hoping for a vastly improved version in Uncharted 3. Fixing all the issues, improving other aspects, giving us customization, and new maps, etc. There is plenty that could have been (and is being) done to make UC3 far superior, that didn't involve grabbing a bunch of different features from other games. I don't understand why people seem to think that just because we're not thrilled with the direction UC3 is going, that we just wanted Uncharted 2 all over again.

And anyway, seeing as Uncharted has that little "3" at the end of it, I do consider it a continuation of the series. The story doesn't have to be a direct follow-up to be considered a sequel. I think you're reading a little too deeply into that comment of mine.

The bottom line is, I am fully entitled to have whatever opinions/inhibitions that I would like to, based off what I've seen. No one has the right to tell me otherwise, and you certainly won't catch me doing so to people of differing views. That's all I'm saying. I'm getting sick and tired of having to defend myself on this, in all honesty. I've continued putting the veritable footnote at the end of many of my posts, explaining that I'm still interested to see if my feelings change upon playing the beta.

But until then, I'm standing by my instincts.

Anyways, yes, you have just as much freedom to express your opinion as I have to state my opinion that yours is unfounded.  And while Uncharted 3 IS a continuation of the series, it is not a continuation of Uncharted 2.  THAT story ended, and the multiplayer has been (ND's words) completely revamped.

Also, you are recycling the old "taking components from other games" argument.  Just about everything used to consstruct UC2's multiplayer was based on ideas from other games.  And while UC3 seems to be doing things inspired by other MP experiences, it looks like ND has done a good job of integrating them and making them unique enough so as not to feel trite. But then again, I have not played the game so could be wrong.  But I'm not ready to make that call until I've at least TRIED it.  And so we come full circle.

Message 97 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Ryan, you shouldve been here to stop the madness!!!

Jun 5, 2011

Message 98 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Also, Pdiss, the problem I have with your ice cream examp...

Jun 5, 2011

Also, Pdiss, the problem I have with your ice cream example is this.  You, as well as many other users of this forum, do NOT enjoy eating the ice cream, as it were.  Indeed, you found the ice cream that is UC2 to be quite rage inducing, and complained on numerous occasions.  

So now, ND has had this particular ice cream flavor available for over a year, and it's time to roll out some new flavors, and since SO MANY PEOPLE have complained that they hated this particular flavor, they figured bringing out something entirely new wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  

Bottom line: ND has most likely learned at this point that there is absolutely no way to keep everyone happy, and so they are just doing what they do best: making an awesome game that they like, releasing it, and seeing what happens.  And I have enough faith in them to believe that is a wonderful thing.  

Message 99 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

LOL, I'm not sure I have that kind of power...  :smileywi...

Jun 5, 2011

overlordofpizza wrote:

LOL, I'm not sure I have that kind of power...  :smileywink:

Message 100 of 108 (160 Views)
0 Likes