Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Well people complain that this game is getting to many id...

Apr 19, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

LadyPatience wrote:
Sorry; but these aren't MASSIVE changes to the Multiplayer; it is a different game.

A massive change would be an update, which yes, have caused fury in the past, but the difference is, this is a new game that we have to pay for; should we want to play it.

Exactly.

Why would someone want to buy a game that is "Significantly" improved upon it's predecessor? We don't need another Uncharted 2, and besides, they actually LISTENED well to the hardcore fans. Who was begging for a 2 vs 2 vs 2 Team Deathmatch? And who wanted Split-Screen?

I appreciate your sarcasm, but let's bring this in a more serious direction: who wanted weapon customization, kickbacks, power plays and boosters that allow people to see others through walls again? I don't recall anyone suggesting this on the forums, so I don't see how this is any sort of implementation based on listening to the "hardcore fans." If I ever did see a thread with someone suggesting killstreak-like abilities (the kickbacks actually sound more similar to Resistance 2's berserks than COD's killstreaks), it immediately got shot down by 75% of the forum while the other 25% were indifferent. In addition, anytime someone complained about how lame it is to get blown out by a more skilled team, they suggested a no-party (or mercenary) playlist, not "power plays" that give the team a chance to turn the game around.

My point through the OP was that ND made these decisions in spite of UC2's community, not because they were listening to their hardcore fans. Whether or not the players from UC2's community like these changes or not is irrelevant.

Well people complain that this game is getting to many idea's from other game's weither it be from CoD or other's. So why can't they create their own idea's what they think would be fun just to get flamed and people tell them their bad idea's before anybody know's exectly how it works?

Bottom line is if your a good player you will be good at this game since the core element's are still going to be there. So no point in saying they didn't listen to the hardcore fan's and the forum goer's. They gave the forum goes half of what they asked for and then half of what they wanted to do.

It's a happy medium and that's the way it's always going to be.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - HoorawrFatChicks
Message 21 of 108 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

All I want is not starting with a chosen gun, Then I woul...

Apr 19, 2011

All I want is not starting with a chosen gun,

Then I would butt-**bleep** this game anyday, anywhere.

Message 22 of 108 (172 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

I second that. Although the MP will likely not resemble U...

Apr 19, 2011

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

BTW:  I am a hardcore fan...and I AM pleased with what is to come.

I second that. Although the MP will likely not resemble UC2's in many ways, ND is just trying to cater to new audiences while still impressing the hardcore fans. I, for one, like the added features (except maybe sprinting, but I'm sure it'll be epic). Remember, people; this is ND we're talking about. They wouldn't do anything to one of their series' that will forever mess it up. Let's just wait for the beta.

Message 23 of 108 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

And, in return, about half of the community is happy with...

Apr 19, 2011

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

They gave the forum goes half of what they asked for and then half of what they wanted to do.

And, in return, about half of the community is happy with the changes (mostly less competitive players from UC2 or fans who weren't big fans of UC2 MP) and about half of it is either disheartened but hoping to make the best of it or completely turned off altogether (mostly the more competitive or hardcore players from UC2).

We'll see how UC3 goes, but my point is that everyone is going to buy it (including the turned-off UC2 fans) and ND actually made their changes to the MP based off of this knowledge. There is no point in listening to the people that kept playing the game over a year after it came out, as they're going to purchase UC3 regardless. It's much more ambitious to listen to the people that quit the game after a week because they thought it was too hard so that you can keep them around longer this time around.

Message 24 of 108 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

There IS a good sign in all of this though that ND hasn't...

Apr 19, 2011

There IS a good sign in all of this though that ND hasn't actually answered here but elsewhere:

Arne stated on NeoGAF that Power Plays only last a certain amount of time. So the "Elimination" type disadvantage could last say for only 60 seconds and then it's back to normal Deathmatch/whatever mode it is. Kickbacks, you can only choose ONE Kickback per match. Meaning if you choose Disruption that's the only kickback you can use in that specific match. It's nothing like killstreaks because you can't use more than one, which with that in mind they are more similar to boosters except you need to spend medals on them to get and are admittedly... pretty crazy.

Does this spell doom and gloom now? No, definitely not. Playing is believing and that's what I'm waiting to do at this point. Beyond that, speculate all you want, at the end of the day things can change from this point until the beta. I'm really hoping they get rid of those SA-like boosters before then and replace them with something else (maybe just increase the player's cash they get if they got killed twice in a row?)

Oh and yes, this isn't what I wanted. What I did want them to do was ADD gameplay mechanics and they did add a few things that I didn't expect (Sprinting, booting people off the edge if they're near you, pulling people down above you if they are on the same ladder as you) but there's some other things that I haven't seen yet (rolling made safer, bunny hopping removed, and melee's with smaller hitboxes & no homing onto opponents). There's just so many smaller details that only us hardcore players would care about that ND left out right now and that's probably because they're not set on it yet much like everything else. It's in its early stages still, give them time to develop what they want and wait for the beta.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 108 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
750 posts

Funnily enough, their money spends just as well as hardco...

Apr 19, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

It's much more ambitious to listen to the people that quit the game after a week because they thought it was too hard so that you can keep them around longer this time around.

Funnily enough, their money spends just as well as hardcore fans', and there may be more of them.  Didn't get what you wanted?   Join the queue.

Message 26 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Well I don't see how they havn't listened to the hardcore...

Apr 19, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

They gave the forum goes half of what they asked for and then half of what they wanted to do.

And, in return, about half of the community is happy with the changes (mostly less competitive players from UC2 or fans who weren't big fans of UC2 MP) and about half of it is either disheartened but hoping to make the best of it or completely turned off altogether (mostly the more competitive or hardcore players from UC2).

We'll see how UC3 goes, but my point is that everyone is going to buy it (including the turned-off UC2 fans) and ND actually made their changes to the MP based off of this knowledge. There is no point in listening to the people that kept playing the game over a year after it came out, as they're going to purchase UC3 regardless. It's much more ambitious to listen to the people that quit the game after a week because they thought it was too hard so that you can keep them around longer this time around.

Well I don't see how they havn't listened to the hardcore player's? SA is pretty much removed, so is DTI because alot of people complained about it. The powerplay is completely optional. So if your team is winning and it activate's then your team can decline it. Only other thing left that's major is weapon custom's and sprinting. With the execption of the match selection's which I haven't heard anybody complain about them yet.

So what in detail are they not doing to please the hardcore gamer's?

And as far as metal kickback it goes for everybody so people can't complain because someone else has it when they have it also.

Message 27 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN f...

Apr 19, 2011

Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN friends list I'm seeing on my friends list right now before people continue to call me cavalier (in other threads) and insist that I don't speak for anyone else:

"UC3- Skeptical"

"Don't *bleep* it up, ND"

"Uc3 = T-R-A-S-H"

"Unch3MP .... garbage"

"UC3... Hmmm"

"Cpt. Sully Price"

"Lt. Soap MacDrake"

"UC3 meets COD"

"Drake's Modern Warfare"

And no, I didn't leave out any positive ones. Literally every single person online on my friends list right now is either skeptical or completely bummed by what has been unveiled so far. I saw even more last night when I had more friends were on, but my point is that a lot of the people not happy with these changes don't even post on the forums. That doesn't mean they're not still out there and I'm just talking out of my...rear end.

Message 28 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

So pdiss88   What would be "perfect" in your (o...

Apr 19, 2011

So pdiss88

What would be "perfect" in your (or your friend's) opinion for U3 MP?

2544133150[1].png

Message 29 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Well the only thing UC3 has in commen with CoD is the wea...

Apr 19, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Let me just run down the UC3-related comments on my PSN friends list I'm seeing on my friends list right now before people continue to call me cavalier (in other threads) and insist that I don't speak for anyone else:

"UC3- Skeptical"

"Don't *bleep* it up, ND"

"Uc3 = T-R-A-S-H"

"Unch3MP .... garbage"

"UC3... Hmmm"

"Cpt. Sully Price"

"Lt. Soap MacDrake"

"UC3 meets COD"

"Drake's Modern Warfare"

And no, I didn't leave out any positive ones. Literally every single person online on my friends list right now is either skeptical or completely bummed by what has been unveiled so far. I saw even more last night when I had more friends were on, but my point is that a lot of the people not happy with these changes don't even post on the forums. That doesn't mean they're not still out there and I'm just talking out of my...rear end.

Well the only thing UC3 has in commen with CoD is the weapon custom's other then that nobody know's how the life system is going to work. 

So how is this game anything like CoD so far?

Message 30 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes