Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
31 posts

Its your opinion man

Apr 19, 2011

Thats your opinion man. I actually enjoy the changes to Uncharted 3. I agree with everything they are doing to it. On top of that. I am a Hardcore Uncharted fan. and even I don't care about the changes at all. I will buy the game regardless. So really, if you were a true fan. You would enjoy the game as it is. This is exactly how I wanted the Multiplayer for Uncharted to be like in the first place. 

Fatleboo8
Message 61 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

How can you say you enjoy all the changes before you even...

Apr 19, 2011

fatleboo8 wrote:

Thats your opinion man. I actually enjoy the changes to Uncharted 3. I agree with everything they are doing to it. On top of that. I am a Hardcore Uncharted fan. and even I don't care about the changes at all. I will buy the game regardless. So really, if you were a true fan. You would enjoy the game as it is. This is exactly how I wanted the Multiplayer for Uncharted to be like in the first place. 

How can you say you enjoy all the changes before you even played them? Makes no sense. I think most people on this forum are hardcore Uncharted fans...so that means ZERO.

And if I were a true fan I would give Naughty Dog realistic and honest feedback. Not suck up and be happy with any slop they put out.

Message 62 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Ok.

Apr 19, 2011

fatleboo8 wrote:

"That's your opinion, man."

But yeah, who are you replying to? I'm almost positive that everyone who has posted in this thread is a "true" fan considering there's no such thing as a fake fan and we all bother to post on the NaughtyDog forums, giving ND our honesty.

I'm glad you agree with everything they are doing with it. Really am, because that's nice of you, I'm sure ND loves that, and I wish I agreed with everything they're doing, as well. That definitely makes you more of a "true fan" than us who do not.

-___________-

Not everyone is easily persuaded.

Message 63 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

Luck vs Skill

Apr 19, 2011

It's kind of hard to argue that Uncharted has'nt jumped on the CoD bandwagon, no other franchise is as successfull as Call of Duty and while they may not be the one's who came up with or popularized these features they're the ones controlling and unfortunatley influencing the multiplayer scene right now.

It really beings me down because Gears of War 3 is looking great, they don't have perks, kill streaks, gun attachments, power plays. It's everyone starts at zero, best man/team wins.

"The key to good game design is to have the player blaming himself" A simple way to acomplish this is to already have everyone an an even playing field as opposed to providing dozens of gamplay modifiers. Instead of hoping in the end you did your research and went over all possible scenarios to deliver a game that is balanced and fair.

When all of these variables are added, then it becomes less about skill and more about which load out you have selected. These things also lead to abuse and an inbalance ( Situational Awareness, Down the Irons ).

The only way all of these additions could work is if they were all perfectly balanced, which can be done but is **bleep** near impossible to do and is the main reason im so skeptical. I have'nt played U3 but from experience this is usualy the result.

The changes largly come down to the type of player you are. What do you prefer

Blackjack or Poker?

Message 64 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

If this is how you want uncharted to be, why not just go...

Apr 19, 2011

fatleboo8 wrote:

If this is how you want uncharted to be, why not just go buy any shooter that has came out in the past 4 years and you will get exactly that.

Message 65 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

if you're going to compare it to chess or checkers I'd sa...

Apr 19, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Treasure_Bearer wrote:

In board games, you're the equivalent of me, I play games like ASL and Third Reich, while the masses play Risk and Stratego.  Guess which ones make nmore money?

I prefer to look at it as the difference between chess and checkers.

UC2 was successful enough to have 50K daily players over a year after it came out, so how is that like ASL or Third Reich (don't know what either of those are)?

However, your point about games with less of a gap in skill between players being more successful is well taken. I know that's exactly why they did it and I may have even done the same if I were working for ND, but that doesn't mean I need to be happy about it.

if you're going to compare it to chess or checkers I'd say what you gun for is more like checkers. predictable and somewhat dull. the variety of aspects of game play that ND wants to put in will make you have to think a little beyond the one vs one head on shoot out battles.

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 66 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Chess doesn't have aspects put into the game to make it e...

Apr 19, 2011

thefiresidecat wrote:

if you're going to compare it to chess or checkers I'd say what you gun for is more like checkers. predictable and somewhat dull. the variety of aspects of game play that ND wants to put in will make you have to think a little beyond the one vs one head on shoot out battles.

Chess doesn't have aspects put into the game to make it easier for newer players. You have to practice to get better and win through skill. There's nothing coddling you along the way.

Also, no offense, but I find it somewhat peculiar that you're calling UC2 "predictable and somewhat dull" considering you played it all the way to level 80.

Message 67 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

No, what you want is predictable and somewhat dull. I lik...

Apr 19, 2011

No, what you want is predictable and somewhat dull. I like the boosters in that they add variance. You seem upset by them adding more.

it's like memorizing the opening gambits in chess.. you memorize them as a formal dance but then you throw in twists to take your opponent off their game.

I don't know what you think is being added for the noobs that will make this so much more incredibly easy for them but do you think it's going to change their general predictability? the whole point in chess is strategy and outthinking your opponent. giving them more tools makes for more things to consider to out think them and get the jump on them.

basically you get more challenging prey. I don't see the bad in it.

What exactly do you think will make this game so much easier for noobs compared to what is in the game now? Do you think you wouldn't still be able to own them? LOL.

I don't see any changes suggested that would imply that they are making this easier. weapons customization is already available in Booster form in this game. they're just talking about taking it to another options menu from what I can see along with the chance to go in with a bright purple gun if you'd rather instead of your gold or black guns.

They've toned down SA greatly. and they've added the version of evasion to the game early on. Isn't that an improvement over UC2 even if they didn't get rid of it altogether?

instead of freaking out and being negative why not just ask for a playmode nicely that just has ak and pistols and stays completely vanilla. You catch MANY more flies with honey than vinegar.

you do know there is no way this game can be truely called competitive or pro as long as there are no dedicated servers don't  you? as long as lag is a feature it's never a game on truely all things equal footing.

Negativity is a self perpetrating spiral. Do you really want to taint the new game before it's even released? People tend to jump on bandwagons of RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. If you love this game which I think you do.. Don't you want it to succeed? If you yell enough and get enough people yelling over changes that you really know nothing about at this point as far as how they'll effect game play you can indeed poison or taint the well of sales. it's true.. but is that what you want.. this game to fail? Before you've even tried the beta to see how the changes really play out? Before you know if they plan on giving you your plain jane lobby or not?

ND doesn't owe us anything as far as dictating how the next game will be delievered. it's a product that you can buy or not.

the voices on this forum are a small slice of the actual playing public. We may not like everything the larger whole likes (like SA or it's variants) but  they have a right to their say as well and they exercise their say by in game stats. I am pretty sure that has a bigger influence on business decisions than people making demands in an official forum.

I personally think we owe ND some respect on what they've done already and some respect on the choices they have to make on things going forward. We may not agree with all the things they've done to the MP. But for me at least.. there is still nothing else out there better imho.

So why not save the negativity until you've actually played the beta? give them a chance before having a temper tantrum. I suspect the game play isn't going to be all that different. the people who have played it seem to be saying it's 'still uc.. it's still great game play but with some added twists.

The more you yell the more likely you are to be ignored by the DEVS I think. People tend to listen to, and weigh carefully crafted logical arguments and tune out the emotional yelling and whining.

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 68 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

I play poker (although not nearly as well as a pro like y...

Apr 19, 2011

Of course, the EXACT OPPOSITE may happen...it's possible that the changes of UC3 will keep the "FISH" around (like myself) for "SHARKS," like pdiss88, to murder and murder and murder and murder...it may just be enough to keep the fish happy so they can CONTINUE to go down to more talented players like pdiss88.  

If i've said it once...I've said it ONE THOUSAND TIMES..."Don't tap the aquarium."  

I play poker (although not nearly as well as a pro like yourself obviously), and I  love that quote and the concept behind it. 

Message 69 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Haven't read the full thread or posted here in a wjile bu...

May 27, 2011
Haven't read the full thread or posted here in a wjile but I think I can safely say that No, this is not what core community of Uncharted 2 wanted.
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 70 of 108 (64 Views)
0 Likes