Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
18 posts

The game seems to have an Uncharted 2 feeling with the ad...

May 27, 2011
The game seems to have an Uncharted 2 feeling with the added abilties of Black Ops. Some will hate this and others won't. It's like NaughtyDog wanted to add the best features from Uncharted 2, Black Ops, and Halo 3.

Weapon Customizing and some perks like sprint from BOPs lol, clan emblem and character customizing from Halo3 and Reach, and the best stuff from UC2 as well as the feel.
Failure Percentage... Zero
Team Zero

We Play MLG and All Competitive Playlist
Visit and Sub My Youtube Channel: WhirlwindKnight

Message 71 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

I very much agree with you. (Gears 3 does look great.)...

May 27, 2011

xSlimjimmx wrote:

It's kind of hard to argue that Uncharted has'nt jumped on the CoD bandwagon, no other franchise is as successfull as Call of Duty and while they may not be the one's who came up with or popularized these features they're the ones controlling and unfortunatley influencing the multiplayer scene right now.

It really beings me down because Gears of War 3 is looking great, they don't have perks, kill streaks, gun attachments, power plays. It's everyone starts at zero, best man/team wins.

"The key to good game design is to have the player blaming himself" A simple way to acomplish this is to already have everyone an an even playing field as opposed to providing dozens of gamplay modifiers. Instead of hoping in the end you did your research and went over all possible scenarios to deliver a game that is balanced and fair.

When all of these variables are added, then it becomes less about skill and more about which load out you have selected. These things also lead to abuse and an inbalance ( Situational Awareness, Down the Irons ).

The only way all of these additions could work is if they were all perfectly balanced, which can be done but is **bleep** near impossible to do and is the main reason im so skeptical. I have'nt played U3 but from experience this is usualy the result.

The changes largly come down to the type of player you are. What do you prefer

Blackjack or Poker?

I very much agree with you. (Gears 3 does look great.)

It can't be helped with who controls the multiplayer scene at this point. I mean the only other rival I see possible is the Battlefield series.(Which I love quite a bit but I know for a fact that chasing Call of Duty at this point is pretty much only going to lead to second place.)

I promise you no matter how hard Naughty Dog tries to model their game or get inspiration from Call of Duty they won't catch Call of Duty. They must know this and probably aren't blind enough to really think they can.

Heres another thing to think about.

Go to any gaming website or when anyone talks about Uncharted. Do they really even talk about the multiplayer. Uncharted one of the best playstation games etc...but note what they focus on. The single player exeprience. They may mention the multiplayer but it's hardly prominatly discussed. Why? Because it's overshadowed by the games that are multiplayer focus.

I doubt Naughty Dog really thinks they can change their appearence of their franchise at this point. The Uncharted series was an amazing single player experience. The story telling, the cinematics, the characters, etc...And the second one had good multiplayer. But how quickly was it overshadowed by the bigger multiplayer players? Pretty quickly.

I would never call it "a clever marketing strategy' by any sense. Knowing their fans will buy it regardless and trying to get new players in by treating them with things they often are found of in other bigger multiplayer games. I don't call this clever, I call it common sense. I think anyone could have figured that one out. So if you know your fans will buy it regadless more or less do you really need to put in more work to hook them? Probably not. Why wouldn't you put in resources in trying to get more onboard and perhaps making sales otherwise perhaps not done if they focused on appealing to the core?

I pretty much am already confident about how Uncharted 3 multiplayer will turn out. I doubt I will be wrong and the beta is coming up so I will see if make guess of how it will pan out will be right or wrong. I don't feel the need in breaking down all I have seen so far. Especially since with the beta so close I can really get into the game and test it out and break it down even further through experimentation.

Regardless I look forward to seeing what Naughty Dog will be showing at this years E3. Epic single player set piece for that Sony press conference? I think so.

Message 72 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Everything was perfect the way it was before..you all know!

May 30, 2011

Some more gametypes would be more than enough.

But NO, altering and transform things into something nobody but COD fans asked for.

Sprint + Startweapon "Weaponcustomiation" (reminds me a little bit on the automatic "Shoulder Switch"), paired with the wonderful 1.05 weapon damage brings the defintion "Fast paced" to a new dimension.

The changes with 1.05 were MASSIVE, and honstly I never thought it will be different with U3.

This I have learned in this current generation of disasters and medicoreness.

Mabye with Starhawk things will change in the proper way.

PS:

And for the recored - I barely think that copying famous games make a Uncharted more appealing for those who play these games...especially  when we are talking about FPS fans they "try" to please.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 73 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Your pessimism is bringin me down, man.   How do you know...

May 30, 2011

Flawless83 wrote:

But NO, altering and transform things into something nobody but COD fans asked for.

Sprint + Startweapon "Weaponcustomiation" (reminds me a little bit on the automatic "Shoulder Switch"), paired with the wonderful 1.05 weapon damage brings the defintion "Fast paced" to a new dimension.

The changes with 1.05 were MASSIVE, and honstly I never thought it will be different with U3.

PS:

And for the recored - I barely think that copying famous games make a Uncharted more appealing for those who play these games...especially  when we are talking about FPS fans they "try" to please.

Your pessimism is bringin me down, man.

How do you know that U3 will have 1.05ish weapon damage?  From circumstantial evidence, it appears ND has learned their lesson about health.

And you really can't gripe about sprint before you try it.

Its okay to be skeptical (I certainly am) but it seems like you have this this game dead and buried.

Message 74 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sorry, bro...

May 30, 2011

...ND stated that the 1.04 health was not their vision.

Im very harsch I know, but I mistrust developers who say they hear, but in the end all what they do is drifting away from the core gameplay of their own game.

We know what Uncharteds strength was - Climbing, awesome jumps ergo vertical gameplay.

Pumping teams against one on another..remember that time?

It was so absolutly fun when you was on thrill a suddenly you see 9 dudes pumping each other.

These dudes had fun and now?

That is gone, i dont find any of these aspects anymore!

Dont mad at me, I know you...youre a proper gamer.

But re-think, for what they need to put in a sprint button?

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 75 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

ND they learnt there lesson with health and said the heal...

May 30, 2011

Flawless83 wrote:

PS:

ND they learnt there lesson with health and said the health will be similar to singleplayer. I wasnt fully excited when I saw the reveal however if youve played halo you can see how many elemts uncharted 2 took from it, would you call that halo copy?. ND have openly said they have taken inspirations from other titles and for uncharted 2 halo is blatantly one of them. Sprint I dislike, customization is irrelevant, loadout is a yes and a no I mean in UC2 the fal is almost immediately available and the m4 so thats not such a huge issue

Message 76 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Just because they use some features that are also used in...

May 30, 2011

Just because they use some features that are also used in COD (which is not the only game that uses these features), doesn't mean that they make the game more like COD.

We could also say that Uncharted is a 3rd person version of COD in a Tomb Raider like environment,  using some Assassin's Creed style climbing passages.

A lot of games have features in common, the only thing that matters is how they use them. And I trust ND that they will use them the right way.

Message 77 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have...

Jun 5, 2011

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have been complaining and complaining about how brokenUncharted 2 is are now complaining and complaining  that the next game is going to be too different from the multiplayer they have "come to know and love".   

Also, Eugenides, Uncharted 3 is not "a continuation" of UC2.  It's a whole new game, as has been said by the developers on multiple occasions.  It's not Uncharted 2.5.  They look to have overhauled just about every single component from what I've seen so far, and it is likely that the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, while preserving some basic gameplay components, will be a completely different and new experience.  So judging it as "something you don't like" so prematurely just seems a bit overly pessimistic.  

Message 78 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

I agree, I wouldn't consider Uncharted to be a coninuing...

Jun 5, 2011

ryaniscool47 wrote:

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have been complaining and complaining about how brokenUncharted 2 is are now complaining and complaining  that the next game is going to be too different from the multiplayer they have "come to know and love".   

Also, Eugenides, Uncharted 3 is not "a continuation" of UC2.  It's a whole new game, as has been said by the developers on multiple occasions.  It's not Uncharted 2.5.  They look to have overhauled just about every single component from what I've seen so far, and it is likely that the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, while preserving some basic gameplay components, will be a completely different and new experience.  So judging it as "something you don't like" so prematurely just seems a bit overly pessimistic.  

I agree, I wouldn't consider Uncharted to be a continuing series rather they are separate entities to each other even though they belong in the same universe.

The Assassins Creed or Mass Effect series are basically continuations because of an overarching storyline and characters. Final Fantasy isn't a continuation due to separate stories and gameplay. Uncharted while they do share the same characters and can share one or two elements from previous games there isn't an overarching storyline that makes it a continuation like with Assassins Creed or Mass Effect. Multiplayer I think shouldn't really count in terms of continuation since it's gameplay. For all we know ND could release a racing game based in the Uncharted Universe.

Message 79 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Yeah, I agree. Uncharted is more of a stand alone series....

Jun 5, 2011
Yeah, I agree. Uncharted is more of a stand alone series. Nothing really carries over too much. Mass Effect 3, now that is a continuation of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 80 of 108 (65 Views)
0 Likes